As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not on the official site... Link plz?

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not on the official site... Link plz?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=66189

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dangit, I like my button design, but it's nowhere near as cool as everyone else's. Chances of people running out of the super-cool buttons that I want before I find them: VERY HIGH. :-(

Anyways, if you're on the invested or have design list, expect a message from me tomorrow or tues.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Got off my lazy ass and finally took pictures!
    Picture121.jpg
    Picture120.jpg

AltDelete on
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Godot is classy as fuck and shares my passion for the bean.
    I want those buttons, dammit.

Still waiting on shipping for mine |:-|

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Godot buttons are win.

parabola on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So how many Buttoneers(!) will be at the pre-pax pub crawl? I'm wondering if I should bring buttons...

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    So how many Buttoneers(!) will be at the pre-pax pub crawl? I'm wondering if I should bring buttons...

A good amount of them will be there. Now if they are coherent enough to remember theirs, that's the question of the day. ...Bring yours just in cases.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ukiyo e wrote: »

I shall be! ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    Dangit, I like my button design, but it's nowhere near as cool as everyone else's.

You have seen my button, yes?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    lordthanda wrote: »
    Dangit, I like my button design, but it's nowhere near as cool as everyone else's.

You have seen my button, yes?

pokemans.jpg

My buttons, let me show you them.

redhalo on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Don't bring too many... Some of us aren't 21 yet.

Aydr on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I have absolutely ordered mine. You can promote me to the invested list.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    apotheos wrote: »

Pics of the final product or it didnt occur.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    HAklownerHAklowner Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ok so brian here told me to get off my lazy ass and actually post my button design. no pics of the actual buttons, but here is was was submitted.
    HAklowner_final2.png

HAklowner on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    apotheos wrote: »

I JUST ADRESSED THIS ISSUE EARLIER! READ THE THREAD PEOPLE!!! :P

But seriously, read the thread please!

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GET TO THE INVESTED PLAYERS LIST!

That is POSTING a picture of your RECIEVED buttons.

To be moved OFF the all talk list, and to the "Have design" list, you MUST, I repeat, MUST, post a pic of the design itself. The same picture you submitted to PureButtons is acceptable.

This shouldn't have to be re-stated, but I know it will. So from now on I'll just quote this post and re-post it, saves me the typing!

Also, I'm not trying to sound TOO hostile, just want to make sure the point gets across.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HAklowner wrote: »
    ok so brian here told me to get off my lazy ass and actually post my button design. no pics of the actual buttons, but here is was was submitted.
    HAklowner_final2.png
    Well, Lazy ass IS lazy yaknow

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HAklowner_final2.png

See what he did here? This person moved from the "All talk" list to the "Have design" list. Once he recives his buttons, and takes a picture of them, and posts said pictures, he is qualified to move to the "Invested players" list. Make sense to everyone now? GOOD!

:D

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    HAklowner_final2.png

See what he did here? This person moved from the "All talk" list to the "Have design" list. Once he recives his buttons, and takes a picture of them, and posts said pictures, he is qualified to move to the "Invested players" list. Make sense to everyone now? GOOD!

Ohhh, example'd

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HAklowner_final2.png

hmm.. yes.. except for one problem..I was never actually on the "all talk" list. that was my first time posting in this thread. *points to brian* HE MADE ME DO IT!

HAklowner on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HAklowner_final2.png

hmm.. yes.. except for one problem..I was never actually on the "all talk" list. that was my first time posting in this thread. *points to brian* HE MADE ME DO IT!

Well... Well then you ruined my example! I'll just have Redhalo post-date your entry into the all talk list! :P

Snickers on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Argh. It's been 11 business days since my buttons shipped..... :S

I want them soon! They better arrive tomorrow.... D:<

Theros on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks. It's just what I do.

HAklowner on
  • Options
    ariocksayssqueeariocksayssquee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Rayman wrote: »
    haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P
    Ummm...since I am your dad and I DID pay for PAX, Pre PAX Dinner, Initial buttons for you, your sis and myself, and BYOC I think I may deserve one piddly bonus button....ha.
    r

I soooooo cant wait for PAX....gonna go into overload mode now....

Yeah, of course you and savie are guaranteed one of each of the bonuses :P

Would you trade a WSS for a copy of the Gotham Times? :winky:

On another note, I posted a pic of my button reverse-shoplifted in Boston in the last thread, but I'm still in the "have design" list. Here it is again:
    2680227585_c5490e8a0f.jpg
    Mine is the "Ariock has a posse" pin on the far left.

ariocksayssquee on
  • Options
    HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, since I ordered my buttons to my hotel, I won't make it on the 'invested players' list I guess? But I have posted my design(which I'll post again), so could I at least move to the 'Have design, buttons in future' section? Thanks
    Hammy-1.jpg

Hammy on
  • Options
    leeesherleeesher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cookie Brigade buttons have been ordered, as have my own buttons - they're on the spreadsheet as of 8/08 :D
    brigade.jpg

leeesher.jpg

leeesher on
  • Options
    Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, and look what came in today:
    zslf60.jpg
    2hcqm4n.jpg

Im still waiting for the rest of them

Awesome buttons, and everyone elses are pretty dam cool. It also impress that the new thread is already over a hundred posts strong. Who would have thought buttons would be this popular?

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    leeesher wrote: »
    Cookie Brigade buttons have been ordered, as have my own buttons - they're on the spreadsheet as of 8/08 :D
    brigade.jpg

leeesher.jpg

GIVE ME!!! and I want cookies

MaoChan on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mine is the "Ariock has a posse" pin on the far left.

Hah, that's awesome. Wonder if anyone will realize it's not one of theirs?

Oh, blue button! :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is probably in the OP but as a reminder don't forget the last minute trading after PAX at the Sheraton on Sunday.
    (Only mentioning it cause of the comments in IRC)

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Well I have no idea when they are going to show up, but when they do show up they are going to moes house and I'm not seeing them until PAX.

I understand your desire for accuracy but I think this is a bit silly.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    I guess I'll have to take pictures of them, then

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just called purebuttons. They are supposed to call me back when they talk to the guy who delt with my order. So hopefully I will have this all figured out by the end of the day.

UPDATE: They shipped on July 25th. It's in the hands of USPS now. If I don't get them in a week, purebuttons will remake them but is there anyone in Richfield ohio who would like to bring them to pax if that happens? Yeah its a long shot but i sooo don't trust customs or the USPS.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yah, getting stuff shipped by USPS/Canada Post is something of a crapshoot most times. First order took 24 days, second order took 18 days. Third order hasn't arrived yet, was ordered on the 16th of July.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    yah, getting stuff shipped by USPS/Canada Post is something of a crapshoot most times. First order took 24 days, second order took 18 days. Third order hasn't arrived yet, was ordered on the 16th of July.

I don't know anything about Canada Post, but USPS is a big joke here. Anytime I order something and it ships USPS I feel lucky if i recieve it at all.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sumi wrote: »
    I just called purebuttons. They are supposed to call me back when they talk to the guy who delt with my order. So hopefully I will have this all figured out by the end of the day.

UPDATE: They shipped on July 25th. It's in the hands of USPS now. If I don't get them in a week, purebuttons will remake them but is there anyone in Richfield ohio who would like to bring them to pax if that happens? Yeah its a long shot but i sooo don't trust customs or the USPS.

I can take delivery if you end up needing to ship them out; might be best to find someone in Seattle though. Or have them shipped to your hotel room.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    ReisaroniReisaroni Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

I live in Ohio, PM me if you need someone to bring them to PAX

Reisaroni on
  • Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pure Buttons site wasn't liking my order on Friday when I placed it, but when I called this morning...they have me as officially in the system (and say I'll get them before PAX no problem).

Now I just need to make sure I get in that spreadsheet. My button is the logo my friend made for me for the Omegathon the first year of PAX. I wore it all the way to 3rd place. :winky:

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Godot is classy as fuck and shares my passion for the bean.
    I want those buttons, dammit.

Still waiting on shipping for mine |:-|

Agreed. Godot is the classiest. I'll be cosplaying him on Friday, hoping to do him justice.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Third button order arrived. Just gonna put these ones in a bag together, so you get whichever you pull out :D
    HPIM0591.jpg

edit: As an aside, that makes the average time-from-order-to-delivery to Vancouver around 23 days, going by my 3 orders.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.