As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hotels sold out, but there's good news.

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
So as many of you have been emailing and PM'ing me, the hotel situation is looking pretty dire. But the good news is that the Seattle Tourism folks put together this quick site that might help out if Expedia and the others fall flat:

http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/SCVBBooking/index.aspx

Good luck everyone - 1 month from today!

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I challenge some PAX-goer to find the closest available hotels on the site in this thread to add content :)

I would do it, but I'll admit I'm way too lazy.

TrainwreckX on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, 4 weeks out and no hotel rooms available. I'm thankful I booked up in February!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you do find deals please add the info and location to the page / google map below, and help everyone out. Thanks.

http://pax.wikidot.com/hotels

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

One month remaining to reach minimum safe distance!

b0wser on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    b0wser wrote: »

I've always worried the collection of intellect at pax might actually create some sort of temporal vortex that ends up destroying the world. I know that jerry would be delighted with that outcome.

Viscountalpha on
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I actually haven't cancelled my room at Red Lion Hotels yet. Since I won a free hotel room and don't plan on keeping both, there will be atleast one room available shortly and I did get the PAX rate on it. Not sure if it's possible, but i'd be willing to transfer it into someone elses name if the hotel lets me. (given that it transfers onto their cc also)

Petesalzl on
    edited July 2008
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    I actually haven't cancelled my room at Red Lion Hotels yet. Since I won a free hotel room and don't plan on keeping both, there will be atleast one room available shortly and I did get the PAX rate on it. Not sure if it's possible, but i'd be willing to transfer it into someone elses name if the hotel lets me. (given that it transfers onto their cc also)

PM sent. Very interested.

TrainwreckX on
  • SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Red lion will let you transfer the hotel room into another person's name. I transfered it out of my friends name into mine and changed the CC number as well. The person that calls in should be the person that the hotel room is booked in for originaly and then after the name is changed over you can change the credit card number. Although it doesn't matter because nothing happens to your credit card until you give it to them at the front desk at check out

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I'm glad I didn't wait this year.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know for next year I will be booking like 8 months in advance lol

magiic on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just canceled my reservation at the Hyatt...

Since I'm now rooming with Moe Fwacky... OH YEAH!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited July 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

I pity you. :(

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2008

If by pity you mean envy.... then I agree.

Note: I have driven across state lines to hang out with Moe outside of PAX, so do not give me your pity.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited July 2008

If by pity you mean envy.... then I agree.

Note: I have driven across state lines to hang out with Moe outside of PAX, so do not give me your pity.

.... wow, what commitment.

In other news, I snatched your room at the Hyatt. Petesalzl, I'll send you a PM too, but this means you can put your Red Lion reservation back on the market. Sorry about that, but I stayed in the Hyatt last year and it's so deluxe that I couldn't pass up the opportunity again. And it's closer :D

TrainwreckX on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If anyone wants to cancel like Qs23 did, note you can instead transfer the room to some other poor PAX soul. Or something.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited July 2008
    Oh. well I guess that's what I did...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited July 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    If anyone wants to cancel like Qs23 did, note you can instead transfer the room to some other poor PAX soul. Or something.

If you need a room, PM Petesalzl. She stated above that she was planning to transfer it. I was the first person to PM her, but I got the Hyatt room (indirectly from Qs23).

Also, just start calling the PAX hotels every couple days. They get cancellations all the time, and not everyone going to PAX will post about canceling a room on the forums.

TrainwreckX on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    b0wser wrote: »

I've always worried the collection of intellect at pax might actually create some sort of temporal vortex that ends up destroying the world. I know that jerry would be delighted with that outcome.

I'm not so sure that's intellect you're feeling there, heh.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

Petesalzl on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

Quiet you, you're ruining the moment. Put on a skirt and look happy.

tr0tsky on
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

I'm sorry I clearly made an incorrect assumption based on your avatar. It was a very quick decision. Butterfly=gurl. Whoops.

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2008
    I'll wear the skirt, but I won't be ahppy about it.

Also to explain the avatar even though no one really cares, when i first joined the PA forums way back when (before the wipe, i had to re sign up) i googled "hate" and i got this upsidedown blue butterfly, and thought it was cool.

Petesalzl on
    edited July 2008
    I agree. Avatars with stories are always better.

TrainwreckX on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

I'm sorry I clearly made an incorrect assumption based on your avatar. It was a very quick decision. Butterfly=gurl. Whoops.

Occasionally people have assumed I am female because my avatar is. That really hasn't bothered me though.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

Occasionally people have assumed I am female because my avatar is. That really hasn't bothered me though.

which is funny because there is a picture of you in your profile.

Petesalzl on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

For me at least, it's more fun when I think you're a female and you talk about your wife. :winky:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've got three reservations at three different hotels. I Will be keeping one, Hotel Max.

If any of you would like me to transfer a reservation to your name i can. Just pm me on AiM.

I don't believe these prices have taxes added to them.

Crown Plaza
    Thursday: $256 Friday: $285 Saturday:$285
    Parking: Valet. $30 a day

Springhill Suites
    Thursday: $219 Friday: $219 Saturday: $199
    Parking: $20 a day

Nepo on
    edited July 2008
    I'm a He

Having met you in person, I know better :)

Edit:

I have two hotel reservations now. One at The Grand Hyatt (keeping this one, thanks Qs23) and one at the Seattle Hilton.

I'm going to get rid of the Seattle Hilton reservation, which is a PAX hotel. However, PLEASE NOTE I DID NOT SECURE THE PAX RATE FOR THIS ROOM. I booked when they only had a couple of rooms left, so I said "screw it" and booked at regular price.

If you are interested, I believe the price is around $370 a night for a room with 2 beds (non-smoking) for Aug 29th and 30th. I'll call them to double-check all that info when I get home today. This hotel is within walking distance of the convention. Whoever sends me a PM first can have it. If I can't transfer it, we'll work something out. If I don't get a PM before I get home from work, I'll just cancel it.

TrainwreckX on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

For me at least, it's more fun when I think you're a female and you talk about your wife. :winky:

Hey, that's legal in several states now, so get used to it. :P

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008

Hey, that's legal in several states now, so get used to it. :P

Oh... I think he can get used to it real fast. :winky:

TrainwreckX on
  • RawberryRawberry Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So as many of you have been emailing and PM'ing me, the hotel situation is looking pretty dire. But the good news is that the Seattle Tourism folks put together this quick site that might help out if Expedia and the others fall flat:

http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/SCVBBooking/index.aspx

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. We hadn't made a hotel reservation because I am the one who typically does it for my group and I have been very very sick for months, so I was freaking out when the other day I tried and tried and couldn't find anywhere with availability to reserve - until today! Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Rawberry on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This isn't a hotel tip, but it is a lodging tip.

If anyone is in dire need of a place to stay, or is down with saving a ton of money and meeting new people, try couchsurfing.com. I met up with a guy in Seattle who works for Microsoft and is planning to come to PAX, and he's hosting 4 random, anonymous people in his living room for the duration of the weekend. It's a good way to meet interesting people, get some good quality time with fellow human beings, save a shit ton of money, and you can offer up your couch to people passing through your town, too.

I highly recommend it. :)

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
This discussion has been closed.