As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CD-drive help [solved]

tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, my fucking sister kicked my CD drive on my computer.

Now it wont close.

I'd like to fix it. Any suggestions?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tony_important on

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's probably jumped the track or the gears internally. You pretty much need to buy a new one.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yea, it's a good thing CD drives don't cost much

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    CD drives aren't that complex, so taking it apart is rather easy. I don't know if you'll be able to fix it if it's physically damaged though...

If you're going to buy an optical drive then, unless you can't spare the cash, a DVD burner would be a good idea, as they can read and write both CDs and DVDs. They also cost only ~$20 more than a CD-ROM drive. Some good brands are LG, NEC, Pioneer...

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robaal wrote:
    CD drives aren't that complex, so taking it apart is rather easy. I don't know if you'll be able to fix it if it's physically damaged though...

If you're going to buy an optical drive then, unless you can't spare the cash, a DVD burner would be a good idea, as they can read and write both CDs and DVDs. They also cost only ~$20 more than a CD-ROM drive. Some good brands are LG, NEC, Pioneer...

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm upgrading.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]