As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW Chat and General Questions, now with Triple XP!

• DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So tickets went up for sale, and before I could finish typing in my CC # the site dumps. How does Blizzard not anticipate their rabid fan base swarming their shit the moment its up? We do it every time o_O

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Delias wrote: »
    What a wacky turn of events. We lost our only two warrior tanks in the same day, the first one left because he announced he couldn't afford to pay for his own flasks/pots/food (we tried to explain the concept of dailies but it was lost on him)

Our warrior tank was pretty good about bringing his own stuff, but we all went out of our way to make sure he had what he needed. Soloing sucks as a prot warrior. It's awful. So, unless you guys are paying for him to respec to be able to solo, it wouldn't kill you to give him a hand once in a while. Next prot warrior you get, invite him to group up with you when you're doing the dailies.

I'm not absolving him of responsibility here, I'm just trying to make sure both sides of this see the light of day, as this is very common.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Soloing sucks as a prot warrior.

It could be a lot worse, like a resto druid.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Soloing sucks as a prot warrior.

It could be a lot worse, like a resto druid.

Or worse than that, like a protadin.

Unless you're fighting 10+ mobs at once, then it starts being ok.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So tickets went up for sale, and before I could finish typing in my CC # the site dumps. How does Blizzard not anticipate their rabid fan base swarming their shit the moment its up? We do it every time o_O

Yea that site is totally borked. Twice i made it to the CC screen only for it to shit itself and not load. Why wont they take my money?

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Resto Druid soloing is actually pretty easy compared to a prot specced tank, assuming you have 5/5 Starlight Wrath. Just grap some spell damage gear and go to town.

reVerse on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't have BC, I recently got back into WoW so I didn't necessarily need it, but now I have a level 55 hunter and I am quickly approaching 60. I may or may not buy BC because in the fall I start grad school and will still be working full-time, so playtime will be limited and I'm on a fairly tight budget right now. However I might earn some extra cash tonight for an economics experiment. If I make enough...then I will purchase BC.

tl;dr - I like to have the blue dot in the chat thread so I know where it's at so I told a slightly pointless story.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Resto Druid soloing is actually pretty easy compared to a prot specced tank, assuming you have 5/5 Starlight Wrath. Just grap some spell damage gear and go to town.

This is not a talent I would ever plan on having as a tree druid.

I think prot warriors with one-handed spec(I think this is a common talent for them), dual wielding, and using 9 rage devastates in damage gear is going to do better than a druid fully specced into the resto tree(which I believe is the only healing tree without any sort of spell dps buff), in damage gear.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

This is not a talent I would ever plan on having as a tree druid.

I think prot warriors with one-handed spec(I think this is a common talent for them), dual wielding, and using 9 rage devastates in damage gear is going to do better than a druid fully specced into the resto tree(which I believe is the only healing tree without any sort of spell dps buff), in damage gear.

You'd think that, but really the idea is to play to your strengths so I found myself soloing in my tanking gear because it went faster than throwing on all the shit dps gear I had in my bank. It sounds like a plan until you realize that warrior tanks really don't go carrying around equal level dps gear to their tanking gear. Not to mention that many of your talent points become useless when you don't carry your shield.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, Brewfest next month (new Shanker woo) and Hallow's End in October.

I'm going to run the shit out of Hallow's End. I want that fucking squashling this year, and it better drop. 83 runs last year and I never even saw the fucking thing. Bunch of pumpkin hats (the permanent ones), epic helms and rings, zero Squashlings.

I want his mount too, but there's a snowflake's chance in hell of even seeing that, let alone winning it.

Halfmex on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Regarding the Squashling and the inevitable pug'ing of the run, I say this as someone who is a big fan of the 'pass and /roll' method of instance looting: use the NEED button for it. I saw like 3 squashlings last year, and 1 of them was ninja'd (didn't win any of them, so it didn't affect me that greatly, but it's worth mentioning).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Regarding the Squashling and the inevitable pug'ing of the run, I say this as someone who is a big fan of the 'pass and /roll' method of instance looting: use the NEED button for it. I saw like 3 squashlings last year, and 1 of them was ninja'd (didn't win any of them, so it didn't affect me that greatly, but it's worth mentioning).

I never understood this philosophy (in pugs). Blizzard implemented the need/greed dice for a reason. If someone's a ninja, telling everyone to pass first is only going to enable them. Actually using the dice the way they're meant to be used at least gives people a fighting chance.

Then again, most puggers are too stupid to grasp the ideology of "need" versus "greed." Had a pug rogue roll need on a primal nether and an ace of furies in Bot last week, you should have seen that sh*tshow.

As far as glamour items go, if everyone who wanted it just rolled need it'd never be an issue :D

As long as you make that clear before/when it drops.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    edited August 2008

I never understood this philosophy (in pugs). Blizzard implemented the need/greed dice for a reason. If someone's a ninja, telling everyone to pass first is only going to enable them. Actually using the dice the way they're meant to be used at least gives people a fighting chance.

It's likely a long outdated holdover from back in the days before we had the dice thing. The other side of it is that the dice are cold, unfeeling forces of nature, whereas not having to decide within the span of the (now lengthened) timer let's people ponder back and forth over an item. Healing cloth drops; the feral druid, resto shaman and shadow priest all look at it. You'd assume the resto shaman would have first priority, as they're the healer, but there's no reason not to hit Need if you could put it to use. If you're going to discuss items in context (unless you just assign a "healer rolls need, off spec rolls greed" kind of thing) it's really not that different from pass and /roll.

The only thing I disagree with is having disenchanters roll greed. It adds unnecessary pressure on people to always roll need if they could vaguely use an item, but otherwise I don't mind using the buttons. It's just not something I find groups do very often.

Forar on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It would be cooler if they simply put a DE button on the interface that only Enchanters could see.... much like how they only show crafting patterns to people who can use them.

Jasconius on
  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hai guyz!1 Just postin 4 the blue dots!

(sorry)

Handfalcon on
    steam_sig.png
  • MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dinged 30 on my hunter. Whoooo mount. Man levelling this hunter has made this game fun again. A lot of my guildies dug up some long forgotten lowbie alts and are now levelling them with my hunter. It all reminds me of how I got into this damn game.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
    edited August 2008
    Handfalcon wrote: »

(sorry)

I've never understood this.

Why not just do the same insidious thing I (and many others) do, and simply contribute something to the thread? It doesn't need to be a 2 page expose on the seemy underside of WoW, but is it really that hard to come up with something even tangentally related to WoW for the chat thread?

And yes, bitching about it certainly doesn't help, but here we are.

Forar on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What a wacky turn of events. We lost our only two warrior tanks in the same day, the first one left because he announced he couldn't afford to pay for his own flasks/pots/food (we tried to explain the concept of dailies but it was lost on him)

Doing dailies as a tank is awesome. Seriously.

I just ground out the entirety of SSO rep as a protadin, I wanted to hang myself by the end.

People who think ganking a protadin trying to do dailies is necessary should burn in a fire. Or several.

General rule of thumb I followed with dailies:

My mage could do any of them (SSO, Netherwing, Ogri'la, etc) with no problem, so I'd use him to do my dailies if I had the time to do dailies on one character.

If I had time to do dailies on more than one, I'd do Netherwing, Ogri'la, Cooking, Fishing, and some of the SSO ones on my paladin (the bombing quests, the nagrand one, the nether residue if possible, and the sunfury plans). The isle is incredibly unfriendly towards prot paladins and now that I'm exalted with them I avoid the rest of those quests unless somebody else wanted to group for them.

Nobody on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

(sorry)

I've never understood this.

Why not just do the same insidious thing I (and many others) do, and simply contribute something to the thread? It doesn't need to be a 2 page expose on the seemy underside of WoW, but is it really that hard to come up with something even tangentally related to WoW for the chat thread?

And yes, bitching about it certainly doesn't help, but here we are.

Some SE++ thing?

Thomamelas on
    edited August 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Some SE++ thing?

Let's not bring that up again! The last time this came up, it was in reference to some people's inexplicable aversion to capitals and punctuation, and it's become one of those things I can't "un-see"! They're everywhere!

Forar on
  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Personally, I would rather type a note saying "don't read this space" versus typing a tidbit that isn't pertinant to any discussion going on, and have people make fun of me for not saying anything cogent, but thats just me. Plus I am an introverted lurker who is not even helped out by the anonymity of the interwebs.

That being said, I can't abide wasting another post on blue dot stuff, so here goes!

At what point is it best to start working BGs for a build up of honor? I tried in the 20's but the twinks were out in force and it was tough to do anything. Now that I am in the 30's, is it get any better at later levels?

Handfalcon on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Some SE++ thing?

Let's not bring that up again! The last time this came up, it was in reference to some people's inexplicable aversion to capitals and punctuation, and it's become one of those things I can't "un-see"! They're everywhere!

I'm confused. But meh, what ever.

Thomamelas on
  • K7 AvengerK7 Avenger __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    I just recently got back into WoW. Been playing since the game launched and never got past 25. Am now at 40 with a Blood Elf Rogue. Love, love this game. Just got to Feralas, it's pretty... green. :P

K7 Avenger on
    Irish+Assasin+J.png
    edited August 2008
    Personally, I would rather type a note saying "don't read this space" versus typing a tidbit that isn't pertinant to any discussion going on, and have people make fun of me for not saying anything cogent, but thats just me. Plus I am an introverted lurker who is not even helped out by the anonymity of the interwebs.

That being said, I can't abide wasting another post on blue dot stuff, so here goes!

At what point is it best to start working BGs for a build up of honor? I tried in the 20's but the twinks were out in force and it was tough to do anything. Now that I am in the 30's, is it get any better at later levels?

Honor gains at lower levels are pretty dismal anyway, so if you're doing this with the intent of having honor saved up for level 70, you're much better off doing BGs at 69, or just running AV at 70.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    why don't you just subscribe to the thread? then all the threads you regularly read come up in one handy little box.

planetes42 on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My raid finally killed council last night and I was tanking the rogue as I had in the past. Why did no one tell me he always reappears in roughly the same area as he vanishes. It makes things so much easier than wandering around like a tard waiting for him to pop up and one shot a clothie :(

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

I just ground out the entirety of SSO rep as a protadin, I wanted to hang myself by the end.

People who think ganking a protadin trying to do dailies is necessary should burn in a fire. Or several.

My mage could do any of them (SSO, Netherwing, Ogri'la, etc) with no problem, so I'd use him to do my dailies if I had the time to do dailies on one character.

If I had time to do dailies on more than one, I'd do Netherwing, Ogri'la, Cooking, Fishing, and some of the SSO ones on my paladin (the bombing quests, the nagrand one, the nether residue if possible, and the sunfury plans). The isle is incredibly unfriendly towards prot paladins and now that I'm exalted with them I avoid the rest of those quests unless somebody else wanted to group for them.

I finally caved in an went Ret just to finish the damn thing. Also, I just realized that with my current gear I'll have to swap some +12Stam gems for Stam/Def...since the stupid SSO shield has no +Def on it and I have 490 right now.

Only 5k rep to go. By the way, did they fix Cooking? I think I read somewhere that you need to level up fishing if you want to hit cap nowadays.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone want or need a triple xp leveling buddy? I figure now is the perfect time to get back in the game.

JonnyBot on
    edited August 2008
    Oh hey, pick me!

(assuming you're in the US)

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Honor gains at lower levels are pretty dismal anyway, so if you're doing this with the intent of having honor saved up for level 70, you're much better off doing BGs at 69, or just running AV at 70.
    Honor gains between 61 and 70 are equivalent to 70 (I think) but it's hard to find open battlegrounds outside of AV, so be prepared for long queues. If you are in AV between 61 and 70, also be prepared to die a lot.

That said, I always run bg's pre-70 to gain enough marks and honor for Gladiator weapons, so that when I ding 70 I'm loaded out with a top of the line killing machine. Makes a big difference when finishing the SMV and Netherstorm quests.

Fairchild on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hah hah you weenies, I never get a chance to announce stuff in here but did anyone else win an Olympic tabard in battlegrounds today ?

I did, woo hoo !

Fairchild on
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    Oh hey, pick me!

(assuming you're in the US)

Do you already have an account? Starting over? How are we going to work this?

JonnyBot on
    edited August 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hah hah you weenies, I never get a chance to announce stuff in here but did anyone else win an Olympic tabard in battlegrounds today ?

I did, woo hoo !

Not to burst your bubble, but everyone gets a tabard for participating in BG's. If you win you have a pretty decent chance of getting a noncombat pet mailed to you also.

JonnyBot- To the PM-mobile!

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »

I did, woo hoo !

Not to burst your bubble, but everyone gets a tabard for participating in BG's. If you win you have a pretty decent chance of getting a noncombat pet mailed to you also.

JonnyBot- To the PM-mobile!

I want that little dragon so hard but apparently my battlegroup decided it's best to not win AV anymore.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008
    I got the pet and the tabard in 1 AV on my warrior, and the pet and the tabard in 1 AV on my rogue. Only did 1 AV on my hunter, and we didn't win, so Tabard only, so far.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I seem to have good luck in winning the BG's I enter, except WSG. Also fuck WSG.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ZA/bear mount question - Is it possible to sub someone in right before 4th boss & if we down the boss before the timer is up, would that person be able to loot the bear from the chest?

zagi on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes, but that's going to add at least another minute, probably two, to your time. You can't summon people, so they've gotta run all the way from the entrance. Even worse if the person you're subbing out runs out rather than hearths.

I suppose you could sub someone non-essential, like a DPSer, during the trash, and you'd only effectively lose something like 30 seconds in increased time-to-kill.

[edit]Actually, is there anything there that forces you to be there for the boss kill to get the item in the timed chests? I suppose they might make a special exception for the bear, but it seems like you would be able to sub someone out after the boss.

Garthor on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

I finally caved in an went Ret just to finish the damn thing. Also, I just realized that with my current gear I'll have to swap some +12Stam gems for Stam/Def...since the stupid SSO shield has no +Def on it and I have 490 right now.

Only 5k rep to go. By the way, did they fix Cooking? I think I read somewhere that you need to level up fishing if you want to hit cap nowadays.

There are some non-fishing recipes that are still green to my mage (he's at 370 something cooking) and I only do cooking with him for blackened basilisk or for whatever is required for the cooking quest.

With my pally I just leveled them together, the recipe that gets you to 375 is the spicy crawdad which I needed a ton of on her anyway.

As far as SSO goes, it's great if you are a jewelcrafter. If I hadn't been a jewelcrafter at the time I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Nobody on
This discussion has been closed.