As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

• PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Please to be counting me in on this action.

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited August 2008
    Hell, I may even dress up in my Quidditch Referee costume. :P

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I and my friends will be there. I guess by the time RedHalo, BA and others show up ill be half in the wrapper.

MaoChan on
  • SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This sounds great! I will try to be there for the first half at least.

SunshineGrrrl on
  • Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll definitely be accompanying you folks for the second half of the crawl, perhaps more, depending on whether I can make the Pre-PAX dinner. The fervor with which I attack that scorecard will be ramped accordingly. Looking forward to strolling with some of you.

Post Blue on
    Moments before the wind.
  • Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm in, but I'll most likely be drinking well before the 8:00 start time.

Mustard Tiger on
    edited August 2008

HEHE damn straight!

MaoChan on
    edited August 2008
    Will there be judges or mods that mark people off that they completed the challenges?

MaoChan on
  • Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Will there be judges or mods that mark people off that they completed the challenges?
    Yeah. From the OP:

"Score will be kept by a referee which will be me for one of the groups and a volunteer from the other group if there is one. No, there is no prize for "winning". Again these are designed just for fun although if you really want a prize I would have to say it's not throwing up on my shoes. That's a good prize."

Post Blue on
    Moments before the wind.
    edited August 2008

I'd be willing to help be a judge/referee, since I know the area pretty well.

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

HEHE damn straight!

Shorty's ftw. 8-)

Mustard Tiger on
    edited August 2008
    Post Blue wrote: »
    Yeah. From the OP:

"Score will be kept by a referee which will be me for one of the groups and a volunteer from the other group if there is one. No, there is no prize for "winning". Again these are designed just for fun although if you really want a prize I would have to say it's not throwing up on my shoes. That's a good prize."

Ah hah! I guess it helps to fully read the OP. :P

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PunkJr wrote: »

I'd be willing to help be a judge/referee, since I know the area pretty well.

I'm going to need people to ref the other group(s), so if you're in from the start we can meet up and I'll have all the materials available for you.

Also, where's a good place to eat around the starting bars? I'm going to need to eat first and I'm sure that noone's going to want to drink on an empty stomach. That would be a good place to meet.

Atlus Parker on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Uhm, Challenge 7 has the potential to get very messy depending on how late in the night it is when executed. There are some *very* nasty shots. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • JonmanJonman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm in. The 2 mile commute from home should have my fellow drinkers green with envy. Any other English folk attending, or will I be representing the drinking honour (yes, it has a 'u' in it) of my countrymen alone?

As for wizardry equipment - I have one question - wizards ride horses, right?

Jonman on
    yadda yadda humerous yadda
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I may not be English, but I spell honour with a u, so I guess we can be pals.

tr0tsky on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jonman wrote: »
    I'm in. The 2 mile commute from home should have my fellow drinkers green with envy. Any other English folk attending, or will I be representing the drinking honour (yes, it has a 'u' in it) of my countrymen alone?

Well I doubt the folks who only have to walk a few blocks to their hotels will be envious. (And those of us coming from a little farther away will eventually be too drunk to care.)

faits on
    faits.png
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    faits wrote: »
    (And those of us coming from a little farther away will eventually be too drunk to care.)

Or will just follow you your couple blocks and sleep on your lawn.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    (And those of us coming from a little farther away will eventually be too drunk to care.)

Well I did fall asleep under the desk at GDC this year. (at least I got back to the hotel though)
    IMG_0069.jpg

faits on
    faits.png
    edited August 2008

Llamas you FOOL!

MaoChan on
  • CanticleCanticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If someone doesn't come as this:
    20060519.jpg
    I'm going to be pretty dispapointed.

Canticle on
    edited August 2008

Well I doubt the folks who only have to walk a few blocks to their hotels will be envious. (And those of us coming from a little farther away will eventually be too drunk to care.)

Good point, well made, sir.

Jonman on
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »

Haha! The joke's on you - I live in an apartment!

Jonman on
    edited August 2008

Llamas you FOOL!

Hmm. This may require a disguise for my horse then.

Jonman on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    Uhm, Challenge 7 has the potential to get very messy depending on how late in the night it is when executed. There are some *very* nasty shots. :P

We should figure out some wizardry themed shots

or at least magical

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    Alright I've made a minor change to the route since Six Arms is being difficult and closes at 1am. I've knocked 10 minutes off each stop giving 30 minutes for debauchery then 10 minutes to get to the next stop which should be enough time. Doing this gives us a 30 minute window as we don't want to Group A getting to Six Arms any later than 12:30 otherwisae they would have to double up with group B over at The Chapel.

With that said, this presents an opportunity. If we drop the Dick's stop and use 20 of those minutes we could start at 9 and all meet and eat at the Pre-PAX dinner first then find out way over to the first stop. The only problem with this is it's a 15 minute drive/30 minute walk from the dinner to the first stop and may cut it close for group A's visit to Six Arms.

Any ideas/input/feedback?

Atlus Parker on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright I've made a minor change to the route since Six Arms is being difficult and closes at 1am. I've knocked 10 minutes off each stop giving 30 minutes for debauchery then 10 minutes to get to the next stop which should be enough time. Doing this gives us a 30 minute window as we don't want to Group A getting to Six Arms any later than 12:30 otherwisae they would have to double up with group B over at The Chapel.

With that said, this presents an opportunity. If we drop the Dick's stop and use 20 of those minutes we could start at 9 and all meet and eat at the Pre-PAX dinner first then find out way over to the first stop. The only problem with this is it's a 15 minute drive/30 minute walk from the dinner to the first stop and may cut it close for group A's visit to Six Arms.

Any ideas/input/feedback?

Anything that makes it easier for dinner-goers to jump on the pub crawl is a thumbs up in my book.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2008
    I'd rather find a replacement for Chapel (since it has a cover) and find an alternate for / replace six arms for the A group. Whatever works for the most people, though.

(I'd really like to keep dicks on the itinerary though, since it'll give the two groups a few minutes to mingle halfway through and also let the out-of-towners grab a dick's deluxe, which is Important.)

edit: ok, I'm trying to verify whether chapel has a cover or not, and there's a review on yelp as recent as TODAY that says there isn't. I haven't been there myself in over two years, and there wasn't back then (but someone in the other thread, sorry I can't remember who, said there is)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited August 2008
    I'd rather find a replacement for Chapel (since it has a cover) and find an alternate for / replace six arms for the A group. Whatever works for the most people, though.

I called all the bars to confirmed whether or not they have a cover charge and what time they close. Every single bar said they didn't have one. I believe it was Chapel that I called who said they sometimes have a cover charge but I had them check to see if the 28th has one and they said it didn't.

Atlus Parker on
    edited August 2008

I called all the bars to confirmed whether or not they have a cover charge and what time they close. Every single bar said they didn't have one. I believe it was Chapel that I called who said they sometimes have a cover charge but I had them check to see if the 28th has one and they said it didn't.

:^:

That's great.

faits on
    faits.png
    edited August 2008

Sweet, bars with cover is only acceptable if titties or UFC is occurring.

I give a big thumbs up to Atlus for doing the leg work on this one. HERE HERE!!

MaoChan on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Sweet, bars with cover is only acceptable if titties or UFC is occurring.

I give a big thumbs up to Atlus for doing the leg work on this one. HERE HERE!!

MaoChan, you've officially made me upset now that we're not going to bars with covers.

redhalo on
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    will totally be there! sounds awesome! :D

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be wearing my Republicans for Voldemort t-shirt for the occasion.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • RandalBrodieRandalBrodie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am already there

RandalBrodie on
  • SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If we drop the Dick's stop...

Woah woah woah. Really? You're going to drop Dick's on Capital Hill? It's an institution! These fine wizards MUST have Dick's before leaving Seattle or else... well... it's an institution. They simply must partake. If not at the triwizard then at some point during pax. It's like mcdonalds, only with meat and flavor. And nothing soaks up alcohol like a Dick's Deluxe.

SunshineGrrrl on
    edited August 2008

Woah woah woah. Really? You're going to drop Dick's on Capital Hill? It's an institution! These fine wizards MUST have Dick's before leaving Seattle or else... well... it's an institution. They simply must partake. If not at the triwizard then at some point during pax. It's like mcdonalds, only with meat and flavor. And nothing soaks up alcohol like a Dick's Deluxe.

This is my feeling. I actually haven't had Dicks in about two and a half years (because I don't eat fast food, period) but it just seems like such a no-brainer for the crawl. (of course if we cut it out and got done with the crawl around 12:30/1:00, and head up there after...)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited August 2008

This is my feeling. I actually haven't had Dicks in about two and a half years (because I don't eat fast food, period) but it just seems like such a no-brainer for the crawl. (of course if we cut it out and got done with the crawl around 12:30/1:00, and head up there after...)

Yeah I was considering dropping Dick's so maybe we could all hit the PAX dinner but the travel time from where the dinner is to the first bar is is 15-30 minutes depending on if you spring for a cab or hoof it over. I think we'll stick the schedule in the OP: 30 minutes at each bar, 10 minutes travel time, and 50 minutes at Dick's to better accomodate those who will be joining us from the dinner.

Atlus Parker on
  • SableSable Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My better half and I (so that's two people) are all upons this.

Sable on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man that's tempting, but I'm likely to make a giant ass out of myself if I try drinking any of that stuff.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
This discussion has been closed.