As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2nd annual Thursday pre-PAX drunkard extravaganza @ Shorty's!!

• Options
    BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shorties sounds like my sort of heaven. We have a place near Elon called Sandy's. They have a 250 different beers and a sandwich called the Big Fat Bomb. It has turkey, roast beef, french fries, cheese sticks, chicken tenders, provelone, and margarita sauce.

Let me say that again.

A sandwich with three side items INSIDE IT. Needless to say, I love drunk food.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am totally down for this, methinks. It'll be good to drag out some of my fellow Alaskan expatriates to get our proverbial 'drank' on with other people of a geeky persuasion.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just checked those pics from the wiki, count me in for sure, that place looks awesome.

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Misterioso and I might go take some fresh photos at Shorty's so we don't have to use random ones from Flickr. Stay tuned!

AceRimmer on
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Misterioso wrote: »
    Last year we had a dozen or so people show up (including an Omeganaut!)

Good times, good times.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, what are cheesy dribbles?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, what are cheesy dribbles?

Welcome to America.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, I've been before - at least 5 times, to proper America, not just Disney America. I've eaten a corndog (yeuch, what are you thinking of?), love biscuits and Cap'n Crunch PB cereal, but I've never heard of cheesy dribbles!
    Enlighten me, please.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You know I stumbled into that place once (literally stumbled) without knowing the name or trying the cheese dribbles. I think this time I will have to make up for it.

Dionysos911 on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, I've been before - at least 5 times, to proper America, not just Disney America. I've eaten a corndog (yeuch, what are you thinking of?), love biscuits and Cap'n Crunch PB cereal, but I've never heard of cheesy dribbles!
    Enlighten me, please.

Don't worry, I'm an American, and I've got no idea what cheesy dribbles are.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    Enlighten me, please.

I guess it's a mystery better left unsolved.

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    Enlighten me, please.

I guess it's a mystery better left unsolved.

Or at least unsolved until PAX 8-)

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    is anyone ever going to tell us?

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    is anyone ever going to tell us?
    Didn't you mention them in the OP, shouldn't you be the one to solve the mystery?

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will take a stab at that and guess that cheesy dribbles are regional slang for cheese curds.

Am I right?

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nope, I don't think that is it.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    will we have any omeganauts show up again this year for good luck? (current or previous) fyi - an omeganaut that has partied with us at the extravaganza has never lost in the first competition.

Misterioso on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    will we have any omeganauts show up again this year for good luck? (current or previous) fyi - an omeganaut that has partied with us at the extravaganza has never lost in the first competition.

Well I'll be there for a while with the pub crawl peeps ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    you guys really need to sort out the whole 21 as the drinking age down there, that's insane!

magiic on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    w00t! As last year, this will prolly be our first PAX event. We'll likely skip the PAX dinner and nosh at PF Changs...or Genghis Kahn. Haven't decided yet!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I thought shortys was left out of the pub crawl?

Glad to get you back again KaitouAyashi

Misterioso on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I thought shortys was left out of the pub crawl?

Glad to get you back again KaitouAyashi

Was it? o.O I guess I should go check >.>

Edit: Indeed it did get cut out apparently. >.< Thats what I get for not paying attention to the op.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i will try to be there, but i don't want to drink too much before pax. i like to atleast have energy on day 1!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    [DVDA]martini[DVDA]martini Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    remember to dress lightly... Shorty's can get HOT.

[DVDA]martini on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Anyone interested in going before the pub crawl?

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm not sure when the crawl starts but my most dangerous group in the world will be there around 7pm. After 8pm we'll take over the Trophy room lounge in the back, next to the pinball cove.

and I honestly don't recall it ever getting that hot in there, martini. I think you just had the drunk sweats.

Misterioso on
  • Options
    AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is there a public intoxication law in Seattle? I've lived in New Orleans where the alchohol and vomit run in the gutters 24/7, and now I live in Utah, where you can't order more than one shot at a time, bartenders cut you off just as your buzz is hitting its climax, and the cops wait outside the bars to bust you for PI. So, where does Seattle sit in that spectrum?

Aliasunknown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    all states pretty much have the same law I believe, it's more on how strict they are in enforcing it. (New Orleans is its own beast tho)

Seattle is fairly lax but from experience and as a rule of thumb, if you are too drunk to comprehend that the bartender may cut you off for being too drunk, you will probably be refused because at this point, you are fuggin trashed anyways or just stupid and need your alcohol intake monitored.

Misterioso on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me and two friends plan on getting off the train at 8:45, getting our shit in our hotel room, then showing up. I hope this event is going late.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me and two friends plan on getting off the train at 8:45, getting our shit in our hotel room, then showing up. I hope this event is going late.

I was thinking of doing the same thing (assuming the train actually arrives on time).

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sobjw wrote: »

I was thinking of doing the same thing (assuming the train actually arrives on time).

Hmmmm, last year we were there long past 10pm. I remember because they were having an informal pre-PAX meet up and game thing at GameWorks and we decided to skip that in favor of chilling at Shorty's with the most awesomest awesome people who ever you know, awesomed.

That said, I'll probably drink way more this year. The trick is to start early and keep eating. :lol:

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I may likely hang out before 7:00 and then dart to the Pre-PAX dinner. Will anyone else be there earlier?

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    I may likely hang out before 7:00 and then dart to the Pre-PAX dinner. Will anyone else be there earlier?

I was planning on going before the pub crawl, not sure how early I was planning on being there but before 7 could work.

Mustard Tiger on
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My flight doesn't get in till after 8. I may try to get down there after checking in and all that. Won't be till after 10 I'm sure.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    we'll save a spot for ya. Are your friends from last year coming again with you?

Misterioso on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And of course, feel free to bring your DS - I forgot mine last year. Sillynesss I tell you, pure sillyness.

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The damn train may be delayed, hope I can make it.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bummer. Trans, you taking the starlight train up here?
    And of course, feel free to bring your DS - I forgot mine last year. Sillynesss I tell you, pure sillyness.

Yeah, last year there were several paxers hanging out in the trophy lounge with us and DSin'

Misterioso on
  • Options
    eurotransienteurotransient Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Shorty's sounds sweet. While I'll no doubt have a DS and PSP on me, I can't imagine not geeking my time out over the pinball machines. I'll most likely be by!

eurotransient on
  • Options
    AmasonKAmasonK Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I did not make it to last year's event, but I sure will make this years! Also bringing a buddy of mine...so count us in.

Cheers.

AmasonK on
    "Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up...the better it gets." -- Tucker RvB
This discussion has been closed.