As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wacom art (WIP)

wyvern14wyvern14 Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Artist's Corner
Been working on some stuff since I came back from vacation and decided to pick up my wacom tablet for the kick. Here is the result :

Edge_Moon.jpg

Mix of Photoshop, a few photo manips and such. Yes, Edge from FFIV, been playing a lot.

Also, been trying to make a comic version of a fanfic I'm working on (for FFIV too), to see if it would "look right" in pictures as well as words (WIP, barely started shading the 1st pass). The font won't stay, just used what came up first just to put text in there, will definitely replace it:

Comic_doodle___WIP_by_Wyvern14.jpg

Opinions and critique welcome :)

wyvern14 on

• Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Did she break her hand in the second to last panel?
    Seriously though I immediately knew who the folks were, even without reading you comments, so that's good at least. But the ground(?) in the third to last panel looks messed up. Also the colors bleed outside of the panels(which kind bugs me too) and in the first edge pic, it doesn't look natural with the moon being realstic and him not.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    AgoodzAgoodz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wyvern14 wrote: »
    Been working on some stuff since I came back from vacation and decided to pick up my wacom tablet for the kick. Here is the result :

Edge_Moon.jpg

If you made that moon from scratch, I tip my hat to you sir.

If not, ignore me...

Agoodz on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How come in the first panel... the moon has the moon in the background?

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's a sub-moon.......from the future.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Did she break her hand in the second to last panel?
    Seriously though I immediately knew who the folks were, even without reading you comments, so that's good at least. But the ground(?) in the third to last panel looks messed up. Also the colors bleed outside of the panels(which kind bugs me too) and in the first edge pic, it doesn't look natural with the moon being realstic and him not.

At least the characters are recognizable :) You just made me realize that the filler layer that goes over the panels was hidden, my bad! The background/ground in the third to last panel does looks funny, although it's not completed yet. Just tried to sketch a rocky surface, still have to detail it.

The more I look at the "hand" the more I see what you mean. I originaly meant for her arm to be behind the rock, but perhaps I didn't place the rock adequately. Leaving a small part of the hand visible leaves much to confusion. Hmmm, will have to work on this.

I get your point for the moon's detailing. I was a bit lazy and complemented the drawing with a photo montage to get the texturing on that ball of rock and should have adjusted the level of detail with a few filters to get it to blend in a bit more.

I'll play with this some more this week, see if I can make decent corrections.

wyvern14 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    McGibs wrote: »
    How come in the first panel... the moon has the moon in the background?

Oh, in FFIV, there are two moons in the sky, so by being on one's surface, you would see the other in the sky.

At least there wasn't any flying japanese whales... oh wait! o.O

wyvern14 on