As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My signature and avatar.

2»

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    Heh.

And, Tube, you might want to pass your sentiments to the mod who thought being a cocky jerk was the right thing to do.

It was. If either of you don't like it, you're more than welcome to go elsewhere.

Would I be correct in assuming you were the mod who did it? That can be the only reason why you think it was the correct thing to do.

You've been doing a lot of assuming. You should probably not do that quite so much.

I was correct on the first assumption. It's like challenging a call in the NFL. If you are right, you don't waste a timeout.

Unknown User on
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    That makes no sense. You are aware of that, yes? Nothing has been settled, given the fact that the modus agens has yet to appear and confirm or deny anything.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • sidewayssideways Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    Heh.

And, Tube, you might want to pass your sentiments to the mod who thought being a cocky jerk was the right thing to do.

It was. If either of you don't like it, you're more than welcome to go elsewhere.

Would I be correct in assuming you were the mod who did it? That can be the only reason why you think it was the correct thing to do.

You've been doing a lot of assuming. You should probably not do that quite so much.

I don't want to tell anyone what to do, and what not to do... so please don't mistake my post.

I only mean to state that I created this thread not so that people could flame me for breaking the rules. Yes, that's very nice that you acknowledge what I've already acknowledged. Thank you for considering yourselves so important that your opinions, on stated and reiterated fact, are seemingly valuable. I'm glad you feel important.

I thank those who have been constructive, in some way, shape, or form... rather than trolling or flaming.

However, my intention for the creation of this thread was to get answers. So, whenever the party responsible gets a chance, could they please PM me, or post a message in this thread... and we'll attempt to deal with the issue at hand as maturely and responsibly as possible.

At the VERY VERY least, I would like to know what the terms are for my 'punishment', and would like my signature altered to state something along the lines of 'user's signature/avatar/title privaleges revoked due to disregard for avatar size rules.'

I can live with that. The implication that I broke other rules, when I did not, and the immaturity of the statement which is in my signature, I feel is unwarranted and requires resolution.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    That makes no sense. You are aware of that, yes? Nothing has been settled, given the fact that the modus agens has yet to appear and confirm or deny anything.

My first assumption was that he had nothing but the image in his sig. He confirmed that.

Unknown User on
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:

My first assumption was that he had nothing but the image in his sig. He confirmed that.

And he couldn't conceivably be pulling a pantsmonkey and lying through his teeth.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
    edited November 2004
    I've had no reason to believe so, so far. He's done nothing wrong save for get upset that a mod decided to dick around with his sig.

Regardless, we're derailing this thread. May I suggest we stop this petty bickering? Truce?

Unknown User on
    edited November 2004
    Someone has re-activated my signature, but denied access to my avatar settings.

That is perfectly fine. My signature now appears, as it used to.

I have to assume (a dangerous thing, I know) that the person responsible decided to reactivate some of my features, and just let it drop with that. It's not *exactly* the outcome I'd wished for, but it is sufficient.

I would like to also think that it proves my 'innocence' for lack of a better term, considering my supposed misuse of signature privaleges.

Thanks to everyone who had something actually valuable to contribute!

sideways on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Jasconius wrote:
    I think we should just blow up the entire forum and try again.

Jasconius on
    edited November 2004
    sideways wrote:
    I have to assume (a dangerous thing, I know) that the person responsible decided to reactivate some of my features, and just let it drop with that. It's not *exactly* the outcome I'd wished for, but it is sufficient.

What, exactly, led you to the conclusion that you couldn't have reinstalled your sig yourself?

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:

What, exactly, led you to the conclusion that you couldn't have reinstalled your sig yourself?

The fact that the option, in my profile, was not available. My signature had been changed, and the feature to change it back had been blocked.

I did reinstate my signature myself, but only when the option finally was available again.

I hope that makes sense.

sideways on
  • PokerPoker Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    He's not too bright.

Poker on
    edited November 2004
    Then explain, poker, how my intelligence is reflected by my inability to access a blocked feature in my profile options. Please, I'd love to hear it.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    sideways wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:

The fact that the option, in my profile, was not available. My signature had been changed, and the feature to change it back had been blocked.

I did reinstate my signature myself, but only when the option finally was available again.

I hope that makes sense.

Not really. Because, you see, when I go into your profile--when I access the panel wherein I would fuck with your account if I were so inclined--there is still no option to kill your signature capability.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    Poker wrote:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You missed a few words there.

Jasconius on
    edited November 2004
    Because you act like an asshole in your first post trying to get your rights back. So, next time I think anyone does something wrong I'm supposed to attack them and try to make them look like an asshole? Try acting civil instead of calling people cunts. The fact that bone daddy stated that you should have been able to fix it without so much as the mods twitch of a finger also shows another facet of your idiocy. Or, you know, maybe you're just Albert Einstein and I'm missing something here.

Poker on
    edited November 2004
    Jasconius wrote:
    Poker wrote:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You missed a few words there.

I think you are mistaken, as was just shown by the daddy of bones. Nice try though.

Poker on
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

Not really. Because, you see, when I go into your profile--when I access the panel wherein I would fuck with your account if I were so inclined--there is still no option to kill your signature capability.

Well that is strange because, you see, I used to write code for PHP modules, used in various forums across the internet, and I know that code exists to block specific features. PHP is a very detailed programming 'language' (for lack of a better term). So, while *you* may not have the option of restricting my signature access, someone obviously did... because out of the 5 times I checked this morning, the first 4 times provided me no option to alter my signature... whatsoever.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    sideways wrote:
    Well that is strange because, you see, I used to write code for PHP modules, used in various forums across the internet, and I know that code exists to block specific features. PHP is a very detailed programming 'language' (for lack of a better term). So, while *you* may not have the option of restricting my signature access, someone obviously did... because out of the 5 times I checked this morning, the first 4 times provided me no option to alter my signature... whatsoever.

Then I do believe you are fucked, my good man, because there are only two people on this board with the ability to do things regular mods can't.

*Three, if your avatar was godawful enough to have resurrected Ramius.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    Poker wrote:
    Because you act like an asshole in your first post trying to get your rights back. So, next time I think anyone does something wrong I'm supposed to attack them and try to make them look like an asshole? Try acting civil instead of calling people cunts. The fact that bone daddy stated that you should have been able to fix it without so much as the mods twitch of a finger also shows another facet of your idiocy. Or, you know, maybe you're just Albert Einstein and I'm missing something here.

Speaking of attacking someone, and acting like an asshole....

Hypocracy at work, gentlemen.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    You asked for an explanation. I delivered.

Poker on
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:

Then I do believe you are fucked, my good man, because there are only two people on this board with the ability to do things regular mods can't.

How am I fucked? I asked to have the option to alter my signature reactivated, and it was. I stated that I was accepting of a limit on avatar privaleges because of my previous and admitted abuse... and the limit is still there. Other than dealing with exceptionally rude people, which is no stretch on a message board, I came out of this with a feeling of satisfaction.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    It's time to lock this thread and temp ban sideways.

He needs some timeout to think about what he has done in this thread.

Jasconius on
    edited November 2004
    I love how you think you have any control over what the mods do to you.

Poker on
    edited November 2004
    Poker wrote:
    You asked for an explanation. I delivered.

No, you attacked me.

I asked you how my intelligence was reflected in being unable to use a feature that was blocked, and you replied by calling me an idiot and an asshole.

So technically, you never responded to my question.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    sideways wrote:
    How am I fucked?

That would be pissing off an admin to the point that they left that message in your sig.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:

*Three, if your avatar was godawful enough to have resurrected Ramius.

No, you were right in saying two. Deni wouldn't have the first idea of how to change any of that stuff, based on what he's said. I'm also pretty sure he mentioned that he doesn't even have access to the code; only Ramius and Alpha do.

Unknown User on
    edited November 2004
    It's time to get the whiffle cane out on this thread.

Jasconius on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    I'm just curious. Is form of punishment entirely up to the mods, or is there a set of rules for the mods to follow when determining punishment (must be jailed for this, must be banned for this, etc)?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited November 2004
    Poker wrote:
    I love how you think you have any control over what the mods do to you.

I find that sort of funny.

I had a feature disabled because I abused it. I had another disabled for no good reason. When I asked to have the feature reactivated, and stated my case (initially with anger and immaturity, I can admit when I'm wrong), the feature did eventually get reactivated.

I'm satisfied, and I'm not going to continue to defend myself when I've done nothing wrong. I'm certainly not going to perpetuate Poker's and Jasconius' trolling.

Thanks, bone daddy. I may have been pissy with you a few times in this thread, and I apologize, but I do sincerely appreciate the help you provided.

Adios guys.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    sideways wrote:
    How am I fucked?

That would be pissing off an admin to the point that they left that message in your sig.

Oh, now I see.

Well, at least I wasn't banned or jailed, right? I have to look at the bright side of things.

sideways on
    edited November 2004
    Deni wouldn't have the first idea of how to change any of that stuff, based on what he's said.

Next you're going to tell me you believe he doesn't really keep an enemies list because he's told you that he's compassionate and caring.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    Sideways hates babies.

Jasconius on
    edited November 2004
    sideways wrote:
    Well, at least I wasn't banned or jailed, right?

Well, I don't think either of them have been on today, so I suppose that will probably depend on how the author of your sig takes the authorship of this thread.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited November 2004
    Well, If I deserve further punishment, then so be it. I never question a punishment that is justified.

sideways on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    sideways, 700kb exceeds the file size limit (even though you did not exceed the dimensional size limit). The rules of monkey den are pretty simple, if it is something affects the whole community, make a thread, if it something specific to you PM one of the admins. This thread should have been a PM (in this case to deni). I think the mod was attempting to be funny locking your title like that.
    My guess is that this will not result in a ban, at the most it will result in a jailing if you have a history. If you have any questions, feel free to PM either deni or myself, but please do wait until after the mod has contacted you.

Älphämönkëy on
This discussion has been closed.