As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What do YOU mean you people(NSF56k)

• trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's sheer gibberish half the time.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Which is what makes it so great

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dude holy shit!

that kid getting thrown off the bridge

that is a sped up Wilhelm scream

That damn scream is in everything

#pipe on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apparently the retards are upset with how they portray retards in this movie.
    That's retarded.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited August 2008
    Finish this post:

Robert Downey Jr. is a method actor, I hear for this role he _______________

babyeatingjesus on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Reasons I will see this:

Tropic Thunder : Movies :: Zoolander : Modeling?

I loved Zoolander. It was probably one of the best Ben Stiller vehicles ever. So that gives me good vibes.

I like Jack Black a lot, and I feel almost like I must see what Downey Jr. does in this flick.

Also on the positive side it is rated-R so there is hope for legitimate quality.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Just watched the trailers and so far no midgets so I'm hopeful that this is going to be better than any comedies from the past five years.

Seriously, what the fuck is with this obsession with midgets in comedies recently? It's like the profession just stepped back 200 years, "For sooth, it is humorous for they are smaller than I".

Szechuanosaurus on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just watched the trailers and so far no midgets so I'm hopeful that this is going to be better than any comedies from the past five years.

Seriously, what the fuck is with this obsession with midgets in comedies recently? It's like the profession just stepped back 200 years, "For sooth, it is humorous for they are smaller than I".
    you need to see In Bruges

Faricazy on
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I gotta watch Zoolander again

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
    edited August 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

That's true. The midget in that movie was fucking hilarious.

EDIT: Well, the use of the midget.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited August 2008

Fuck, that looks like a great film. Why'd they have to spoil it with midget comedy? Have a midget, fine. Don't be fucking blatant with the 'lol he's short' jokes. Surprise me, make no reference to his stature whatsover. Give him a cancerous tumour that fucking talks, I don't care.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited August 2008

Fuck, that looks like a great film. Why'd they have to spoil it with midget comedy? Have a midget, fine. Don't be fucking blatant with the 'lol he's short' jokes. Surprise me, make no reference to his stature whatsover. Give him a cancerous tumour that fucking talks, I don't care.

No you need to see it before you say that.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited August 2008

Ok, I just saw him being shorter than average at the bar in the trailer and was all 'uh oh, here we go'.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited August 2008
    it is my favorite film of this year

even counting dark knight and wall*e

Faricazy on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In Bruges is the movie that all other comedies involving midgets wish they could be.

Also Fari I agree goddamn it was so good.

So I have to choose between seeing Pinapple Express and Tropic Thunder. I can't decide which one because they're both half-action so they'd both probably be better in theatre than at home.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited August 2008

Ok, I just saw him being shorter than average at the bar in the trailer and was all 'uh oh, here we go'.

I won't give it away, but it's better than just 'ha midget'

babyeatingjesus on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is it just me, or is "little people" probably the MOST offensive sounding euphamism that there is?

Evander on
    edited August 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    In Bruges is the movie that all other comedies involving midgets wish they could be.
    comedies in general wish they were in bruges

and it's not even a comedy

i still can't understand how it got so so many things right

someone needs a blowjob for making this

Faricazy on
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I suppose that this is the place for this too.

Rain Of Madness Trailer

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    that is so goddamn brilliant

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Dude holy shit!

I don't understand why they still use that stupid scream. It takes you right out of the movie.

bombardier on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Dude holy shit!

I don't understand why they still use that stupid scream. It takes you right out of the movie.

Well in a movie like this, the use of the scream is part of the joke

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh look, controversy.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Oh look, controversy.
    Mockery in any form, or for any purpose or directed at anyone, especially those least able to defend themselves, is neither funny nor acceptable. We must work together to bring it to an end.

Well, of course - nobody should ever be mocked. It's a basic human right to never, ever feel bad.

Also, sir, the picture they used of you is apparently from your high school yearbook. You might want to remedy this at your next opportunity. art.tim.shriver.jpg

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited August 2008
    Some may think we ought to lighten up and not get so worked up because this is, after all, just a film. But films become part of pop culture and character lines are repeated in other settings time and time again. It's clear to me that lines from this particular film will provide hurtful ammunition outside the movie theatre. While I realize that the film's creators call this a parody and they never intended to hurt anyone, it doesn't mean those words won't.

How can you help? Ban the R-word. Ban the movie. Take a stand.

Thought #1: So he is saying the movie is funny? Raaaaaaaad, i'm so excited!

Thought #2: I have a copy of the first amendment you can roll up and shove up your ass, sir.

Faricazy on
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Oh look, controversy.

The "R-Word"?

Seriously. "Retard" is a slur now? Should we start reffering to "Gay" as "the G-Word"?

Beyond that, does it seem odd to anyone else that, apparently, the studio actually worked with him to tone content down, and he STILL wants folks to protest?

And sorry, I'm not buying "intellectually challenged". That sounds to me like a guy who decides to go do blue-collar work because he can't grasp calculus. The term "mental-retardation" exists for a reason; because it is an accurate description of a thing. When an individual's mental growth ceases early, then they are mentally-retarded.

Seriously, this guy seems to just be an attention seeking asshole. I say this as some one who has done plenty of special needs work myself. I maynot have run the special olympics, but I've worked one on one with enough special needs children to have an idea of what "retardation" means.

Evander on
    edited August 2008
    Also:
    I am so proud of everyone who turned out to Monday's premiere of the film "Tropic Thunder" to protest its unfortunate and humiliating portrayal of people with intellectual disabilities.

Evander on
    edited August 2008
    petition to call retards "alternatively special"

all in favor?

Faricazy on
    edited August 2008
    petition to call retards "alternatively special"

all in favor?

absolutely not (even in jest)

Disabilities should have descriptive names, not feel-good names

Evander on
    edited August 2008
    or how about "diminishgly burdened"

we can apply it to children too!

Faricazy on
    edited August 2008
    I have volunteered with retarded people a few times. I used to assist at a day care center that had some retarded children, and that was kind of fun despite the occasional horrors (one time this asian girl who was like a foot taller than me at the time bit my arm totally randomly).

Then in high school I worked for about a semester and a half at a center for retarded adults, and THAT, my friends, THAT, was a shit show. It was total insanity like 70% of the time, people all running around, refusing to pay any attention to the "classes" we were teaching. One guy would always be reading the same one issue of Iron Man. Constant loss of bowel/urinary control. One time we had a birthday party ("for everyone", hahaha) and one of these dudes THREW A SHEET CAKE AT MY BOSS.

After that, total chaos on an epic level continued for about a half an hour, people crying, trying to hug you while you're chasing someone else down the hallway.

And seriously - they are stronger than I thought. I saw them perform some incredible (and incredibly random) feats of strength.

I guess my point is that I have known a lot of stupid people, who I would consider "intellectually challenged", and this type of condition is on an entirely different level.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited August 2008
    one of my friends (a tiny asian girl, i dont know how she does it) works with a whole bunch of autistic adults

she has a number of horrible stories

Faricazy on
    edited August 2008
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I have volunteered with retarded people a few times. I used to assist at a day care center that had some retarded children, and that was kind of fun despite the occasional horrors (one time this asian girl who was like a foot taller than me at the time bit my arm totally randomly).

I got stuck with a violent autistic boy once (this was a summer camp, and the mother hadn't told the camp that he was on a medication that made him violent, otherwise they wouldn't have let him in.) Fucker ripped my shirt.

Evander on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Evander wrote: »

I got stuck with a violent autistic boy once (this was a summer camp, and the mother hadn't told the camp that he was on a medication that made him violent, otherwise they wouldn't have let him in.) Fucker ripped my shirt.

did it have a giant picture of your face on it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008

This kind of stuff is more common than one might think, but it kind of makes sense. When kids are faced with a stressful situation, with no mental roadmap on how to proceed or solve the problem, they kind of freak out, often physically. Considering the nature of retardation the similar reaction isn't that surprising.

Combine it with volatile medicines and shit's going down.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    basically as far as i can tell the people who actually are mentally challenged couldn't give a shit less if some movie uses the word "retarded" or has a retarded person in it.

they are too busy lifting cars and shit

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

No. I hadn't printed those up yet.

Evander on
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

no but ironically I did have a tattoo of evander's face on my arm when bitten.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited August 2008

This kind of stuff is more common than one might think, but it kind of makes sense. When kids are faced with a stressful situation, with no mental roadmap on how to proceed or solve the problem, they kind of freak out, often physically. Considering the nature of retardation the similar reaction isn't that surprising.

Combine it with volatile medicines and shit's going down.

Eh, that's my only horror story. Inclusion work isn't easy, but it is HELLA rewarding.

One time, when I was just working as a senior counselor at a sports camp, I even diagnosed (unofficially) one of my campers as having some form of autism, and was able to work with him through my training, when with any other counselor he probably would have had an awful summer. Tp this day, I'm still curious whether his mother knew or not, and simply hadn't told the camp (I dropped a couple hints to her that I knew something was up, but she lept a straight face. She liked me, though, because her son liked me.)

Evander on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Robert Downey Jr is grrrrrreat.
    Also a sexy man.

ascot on