As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't think we'll be around for the pub crawl. Trains are slow.

I'm on the train and I plan on making it to the pub crawl.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HAklowner paid about 50ish for rush processing. He only ordered them Sunday and got today.
    HAklowner wrote: »
    And they have arrived all 112 of them
    IMG_5754.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg

I got one already!
    OHHH Whats wrong with your legs? Oh, I am a button now... >_> HIIIII! ^_^

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alrighty, I now have all of my buttons, so I thought I would post pics of the last few, and give you guys totals on how many of them I have.
    Here is a small little group picture :P
    2zjme84.jpg

Alright, so the buttons that just came in are the Zerowing and the Rare buttons, so here are pics:
    14cy42d.jpg
    288z3tg.jpg

Alright now here are the totals of buttons I have left to give out:

LTAcosta Avatar: 107 (111 and a broken one came, minus 4 already given)
    MacCartney Avatar (Sister's Button): 108 (111 and a broken one came, minus 3 already given)
    Rayman Avatar (Dad's Button): 109 (112 came, minus 3 already given)

Ok now this is where it gets a little funny... I ordered 25 of each bonus button...

Internet Pirate: 21 (25 came, minus 4 already given)
    The Joker: 21 (25 came, minus 4 already given)
    Zerowing: 22 (25 came, minus 3 already given)

*This is where it gets interesting*

Halo: 46 (49 came, minus 3 already given... yes, 49, go figure...)

*Now the most ironic*

The Rare Button: 45 (48 came, minus 3 already given)

...so yeah, basically there are more rare buttons than Joker and Pirate buttons lol :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MrBlarney is waiting for buttons to arrive for him and I, plus some Phalla buttons.

I'll make sure he posts pics when they come in, you can put us on the list of button peoples. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    A lot of stuff.. mostly concerning super awesome rare buttons

But... I NEED 3 of your rare buttons. :(

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited August 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

haha, and why is that??

and dang... Im kind of worried about running out before getting everyone i want... hopefully I will meet up with most of the early adopters and irc people at some prepax events so I can make sure to get them

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2008

haha, and why is that??

and dang... Im kind of worried about running out before getting everyone i want... hopefully I will meet up with most of the early adopters and irc people at some prepax events so I can make sure to get them

Because they are AMAZING.

Sumi on
    edited August 2008

haha, and why is that??

Because they are AMAZING.

haha, I think so too. But the fewer of any one button I have, the more conservative I will be with it... so to begin wth, the joker and pirate buttons are going to be the hardest to get from me... but I still dont know exactly what I will require to get them

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    haha, I think so too. But the fewer of any one button I have, the more conservative I will be with it... so to begin wth, the joker and pirate buttons are going to be the hardest to get from me... but I still dont know exactly what I will require to get them

I'll trade you a Gabe and a Tycho for a Joker.

Houn on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ... I'll trade you MY two bonus buttons for 2 of YOUR bonus buttons...

Officer on
    edited August 2008

But I AM a pirate! What better candidate could there be?

But that's alright, I like a challenge. :D

Sumi on
    edited August 2008

But I AM a pirate! What better candidate could there be?

But that's alright, I like a challenge. :D

Pfff, then where were you during the 2006 Pirate Larp at PAX? Huh!? I was Bill FUCKING Pistol. I was a marooned, insane pirate!

Officer on
    edited August 2008
    I was being a loner.

I didn't discover Pre-Pax until 07.

Sumi on
    edited August 2008
    I was being a loner.

I didn't discover Pre-Pax until 07.

Actually, it was at around 9pm on Friday of PAX that it happened.

Officer on
    edited August 2008
    Okay. Well just in case it happens again, I will bring my pirate hat and flag.

Sumi on
    edited August 2008
    well I like the idea of trades :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2008
    Okay. Well just in case it happens again, I will bring my pirate hat and flag.

Nah, MarsChelios was the one who did the Pirate Larp in '06 and has graduated to his new Assassins stuff. However, the hat and flag are never a bad idea.

Officer on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yay, mine finally say they shipped. My buttons are gonna be ugly as hell.

DJBreslin on
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    Mine haven't been shipped yet, but yours probably look better than mine. I accidentally cut the rest of the design that was on the outside of the dotted circle on the template, so... it's gonna look weird.

Psychoish on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Psychoish wrote: »
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    Mine haven't been shipped yet, but yours probably look better than mine. I accidentally cut the rest of the design that was on the outside of the dotted circle on the template, so... it's gonna look weird.

I've read/heard that they try their best to make sure things come out right even if the template isn't followed just right. Hope for the best!

DJBreslin on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    RIPOFF! I live in WA, and you live in CA. I ordered mine the same day as you, and mine still say "In Production" and I only ordered 50!

dude i dunno what's up with them, they just take random orders and bust 'em out, then take their time on others. I received mine like 6-7 days after I ordered them, and i too live in WA. I also got 96 buttons when I ordered 50.

So yeah, no idea what they do and why or how they do it, it's weird...

Wow, a lot of us from Everett going. REPRESENT!

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008
    I know I won't be having these made, I just wanted to share the design cause I like it.
    FirstPoung1Inch.jpg

It's a bit late and I am too poor to have them done.

Officer on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RIPOFF! I live in WA, and you live in CA. I ordered mine the same day as you, and mine still say "In Production" and I only ordered 50!

dude i dunno what's up with them, they just take random orders and bust 'em out, then take their time on others. I received mine like 6-7 days after I ordered them, and i too live in WA. I also got 96 buttons when I ordered 50.

...Do we have to represent our hometowns?? 'Cause "Home of Beer, Jelly Beans and the Last Active Air Force Base in Northern California" just does not sound right.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

...Do we have to represent our hometowns?? 'Cause "Home of Beer, Jelly Beans and the Last Active Air Force Base in Northern California" just does not sound right.

Better than the home of Boeing, Zumiez, and "Highway to the Danger Zone" Kenny Loggins.

TrainwreckX on
  • Prof. PanglossProf. Pangloss Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

You too? Well, I'm about half an hour down the road but I know that section of freeway well. Don't suppose you're taking the train?

Prof. Pangloss on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

You too? Well, I'm about half an hour down the road but I know that section of freeway well. Don't suppose you're taking the train?

Nope! Flying. Might Train it next year, though. Drove last year...

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • netcrusher88netcrusher88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damn, didn't get my name on the form thing. Can it be added now or too late?

netcrusher88 on
    My Visa card got stolen the other day. Now it's everywhere I want to be.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Better than the home of Boeing, Zumiez, and "Highway to the Danger Zone" Kenny Loggins.

Better than the home of Fred Durst.

redhalo on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damn, didn't get my name on the form thing. Can it be added now or too late?

PM lordthanda, no guarantees though.

redhalo on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In reference to early adopters, I would like to draw attention to the fact I was on the first page of the original thread. Also, I am willing to trade frosty beverages for rare pins. :)

PeasantDave on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My second badge order arrived today - same as the first, cos i only ordered 50 first time round - got 63, gave 7 away at the pre-PAX birmingham meet-up, and this order contains 67. The only difference is the latest ones have my name on. No pic, cos hardly any change.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Got my CCST buttons and Apotheos's buttons yesterday.
    butans.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Those buttons rock my socks Moe! lol, I love both of them =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Got my CCST buttons and Apotheos's buttons yesterday.
    butans.jpg

...Crown Royale?

Houn on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Coldbrew: I really like that pic you made honoring PureButtons. You should definately send them a copy for their blog.

MR.T on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Totally Crown Royale

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    MrBlarney is waiting for buttons to arrive for him and I, plus some Phalla buttons.

I'll make sure he posts pics when they come in, you can put us on the list of button peoples. :^:

Yep, order status has changed to "Shipped", so they should be arriving fairly soon!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My order is still "In Production". I'm glad I ordered them to my hotel in Seattle, otherwise I probably wouldn't get them in time.

Hammy on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There's no "e" in Crown Royal, you dummies.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Coldbrew: I really like that pic you made honoring PureButtons. You should definately send them a copy for their blog.

I know it's nothing special due to my lack of skillz, but I have sent it to them. I'll probably come up with a new one after PAX depending on how many buttons I manage to collect.

BTW I'm still saving most of the pictures people are posting of their buttons here, just in case. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.