As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread: CEs Betaning NOW on the A server! Or some of us are.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Huzzah, finally got my pre-order taken care of today at gamestop. So hopefully come tomorrow I'll get to be one of those lucky 50,000 people...

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright I want to make sure I'm not fucking myself here.

On the betacenter website it says:
    Current Associations:
    o Veteran WAR Newsletter Subscriber
    o Collectors Edition Pre Order

This means that tomorrow I am able to access the website with the beta client and start playing, right? Am I supposed to be able to make a Master Account with my pre-order code, cause when I do it says I can't yet, is it safe to assume that tomorrow my account code will work and allow me to make a Master Account?

AkimboLegs on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Alright I want to make sure I'm not fucking myself here.

On the betacenter website it says:
    Current Associations:
    o Veteran WAR Newsletter Subscriber
    o Collectors Edition Pre Order

This means that tomorrow I am able to access the website with the beta client and start playing, right? Am I supposed to be able to make a Master Account with my pre-order code, cause when I do it says I can't yet, is it safe to assume that tomorrow my account code will work and allow me to make a Master Account?

You will be able to begin downloading but not begin playing. The Open Beta start time is "still to be determined." But it must be pretty soon since the game is a month away from retail release. So maybe in a week or two we can play Open Beta.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ah ok, excellent, thanks.

AkimboLegs on
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, so this 50k SE that get into the preview weekend...well I have a lovely filter at work that's going to block me from signing in so unless they don't start until after 6 I'm still going to have to wait until OB D:

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Says my code is invalid... guess I get to wait until tomorrow. :P

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't log into the Beta Center, anyone else having this problem?

Babble on
  • MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What do they mean by "preview weekend"?

Munacra on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    wavecutter wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time with the guild name Candymancer, it's just not as awesome as TSM.

The thread for suggesting better names to be submitted for vote is still up in the guild forums. The only requirement is that the guild name be Penny Arcade themed. Please feel free to register and suggest one or a few.

Call it "Harsh Invective."

Greatest PA themed guild name ever.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    man, low pop servers suck for public quests

tyrannus on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Munacra wrote: »

Something Mark came up with to appease the whiners who didn't think the CE didn't have enough chutzpah. Which I believe is just a couple of extra days of Open Beta for them.

Tyberius on
    edited August 2008
    I'm kinda sad that Open beta signups start tomorrow, but not Open beta itself. I really wanna play this game.

Munacra on
    edited August 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »

Something Mark came up with to appease the whiners who didn't think the CE didn't have enough chutzpah. Which I believe is just a couple of extra days of Open Beta for them.

Wait, what? I wonder why my CE code isn't working, then. :|

Shadowfire on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm kinda sad that Open beta signups start tomorrow, but not Open beta itself. I really wanna play this game.

Mythic is such a tease.

Shabooty on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I HAVE THE GUILD NAME!

SIGMAR'S WURST!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »

If people are still trying to use their codes before Aug. 15th then all I have to say is hah.

Tyberius on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So the preview weekend comes before the open beta?

Zek on
    edited August 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »

If people are still trying to use their codes before Aug. 15th then all I have to say is hah.

Alright, guess I misunderstood what was going on (people talking about CE pre-orders playing now... I pre-ordered the CE, figured this was when I used the code).

I applied my code to my EAMythic Beta Center login, though... I assume that's what I was supposed to do (did this a couple months ago). Just figured it all out, sorta... :P

Shadowfire on
  • chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This game needs to come out, so I can actually play with people I know. It's rather boring right now running around on my own.

chrpnk on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

we only came across one and it was the easiest thing ever, what did the population have to do with anything?

Angry on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    we only came across one and it was the easiest thing ever, what did the population have to do with anything?

I think that there are easy, medium, and hard PQs. Since you said "we" I imagine you had a small group with you, which is enough for the easy ones. Plus, you were probably organized and intelligent.

It doesn't make sense to complain about population at this point. It's going to be a while before the game settles down enough where we know: how common alts are, how much the player base will grow, how big/small the servers will be allowed to get, and what leveling techniques will be considered most efficient and fun

admanb on
    edited August 2008
    Has Mythic said how it is going to contact people to start signing up for the beta?

Munacra on
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    and are they not sending out any invites for people who don't preorder anymore?

Cornell002 on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ok, just pre-ordered from amazon. Where can I expect my code (email, site, what?). I was expecting it with the confirmation email, but isn't there.

Foolish Chaos on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

They (some) get much harder later.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited August 2008

the battleground one

tyrannus on
    edited August 2008
    Ok, just pre-ordered from amazon. Where can I expect my code (email, site, what?). I was expecting it with the confirmation email, but isn't there.

Its on the download section of Amazon's media library. log into your account and check it.

Munacra on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heres another alternative to Faerie Candymancers for the Order Guild

Tiefe Krahen

Roughly a German Translation of "Deep Crow"

ManetherenWolf on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Its on the download section of Amazon's media library. log into your account and check it.

Ahh thanks.

And whats wrong with Faire Candymancers? That name is so much win.

Foolish Chaos on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Candymancers is a pretty awesome guild name.

Bonus points if you make everyone roll an archmage.

Oats on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I dunno

"Sure As Sigmar's Sausage"

would be a pretty great name for an Order Guild. Plus it has "SASS" for an acronym. And everybody knows PA is all about the sass talk.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Here's a brief explanation (as far as I understand) for those who don't really know what the fuck is up with Mythic's convoluted beta/release process:

Closed Beta - This is the current phase of testing. There are several servers, and some have regular closed testers while some have the invited CE Pre-order testers.

Preview Weekend - This is coming up. It is basically a weekend that spans between the end of Closed Beta and the beginning of Open Beta. Everyone who pre-ordered the CE will be invited, and the first 50,000 SE Pre-orders registered will be invited. There will also be more invites given out, as hinted by Mark. I am suspecting a Fileplanet promotion for this phase, if not also sometime during Open Beta.

Open Beta - This phase follows the Preview Weekend. For some reason, Mythic decided to use the term in a new way. Yes, Mythic is allowed to invent new definitions for commonly used terms. This phase is not actually open. It is merely a phase of beta where the NDA doesn't exist and tons of people are invited to test for a week or so. Other games call this the "stress test."

Head Start - This is a couple of days right before launch where CE and SE Pre-orders can play to get a leg-up on the crowds coming in at retail launch (Sept 18th). The CE Pre-orders get at least one more day than the SE's.

Now, if you have an Open Beta code, you enter that into the Beta Centre. This just puts an association on your account. Tomorrow, Mythic will open a new account area for you to enter codes.. such as this code again.

If you are trying to enter your Open Beta code now, don't bother. It's too late to be given an invite to CB, and Open Beta entry doesn't start until the 15th.

Note: Open Beta does not start on the 15th. You can simply register and download the client.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited August 2008
    Am I correct in thinking that preview weekend is not this one but perhaps the next or the one after that?

Man, Mythic is such a cocktease. it's like letting me grope WAR's boobs, but not letting me motorboat them.

Munacra on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Am I correct in thinking that preview weekend is not this one but perhaps the next or the one after that?

Man, Mythic is such a cocktease. it's like letting me grope WAR's boobs, but not letting me motorboat them.

WAR doesn't have boobs.

Only tentacles.

:winky:

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2008
    i can't get into the beta forums :(

tyrannus on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Now, if you have an Open Beta code, you enter that into the Beta Centre. This just puts an association on your account. Tomorrow, Mythic will open a new account area for you to enter codes.. such as this code again.

Just one "correction"-- I'm pretty sure the account area that the OB keys are meant to be entered is this one.

Hmmm... if I don't post this I'll have a better chance of being in the first 50,000... damn my uncontrollable urge to share information.

admanb on
    edited August 2008

WAR doesn't have boobs.

Only tentacles.

are you breaking the NDA? =o!!

Munacra on
    edited August 2008

WAR doesn't have boobs.

Only tentacles.

No.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2008
    i can't get into the beta forums newavat.jpg

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2008

WAR doesn't have boobs.

Only tentacles.

No.

shit i cant wait to play this game then.

Munacra on
This discussion has been closed.