As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NSF56k disclaimers: redundant?

LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
Do we have any statistics on who would be accessing the forums with 56k now? It seems that the NSF56k disclaimers that appear on threads with almost any screenshots whatsoever would not affect the vast majority of visitors.

I'm not QQing over my cornflakes or anything, I was just curious.

Lewisham on

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They're helpful for me if I'm using the forums at work. I work in a call-centre building, so I'm sharing bandwidth with a ton of VOIP traffic that, understandably, gets priority. The network gets very sluggish sometimes.

japan on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    That's not redundancy, it's unnecessary.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    That's not redundancy, it's unnecessary.
    redundant Synonyms: bombastic, de trop*, diffuse, extra, inessential, inordinate, iterating, long-winded*, loquacious, oratorical, padded*, palaverous, periphrastic, pleonastic, prolix, reiterating, repetitious, spare, supererogatory, superfluous, supernumerary, surplus, tautological, unnecessary, unwanted, verbose, wordy

Which makes your reply... pleonastic :)

Lewisham on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hmmm, I view the forums from school, and on the very crapped out computers (With very heavy bandwidth usage) the NSF56K tags are life savers (NSFW even more though).

Really, I know it's for a smaller group, but what's wrong with slapping NSF56K messages on posts?

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Really, I know it's for a smaller group, but what's wrong with slapping NSF56K messages on posts?

There is nothing wrong, I was just wondering if it was still necessary.

I hadn't thought of the people accessing at school and stuff, so that makes sense.

You can lock this one now mod-type people.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's a handy tag that alerts me that the thread is pic, or somehow bandwidth intensive, and while 56k specifically may not be that relevant anymore, there are still times and situations when I'd rather not deal with a hefty thread.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Also, some people have ISPs that charge them if they go over a limited amount of traffic.

Doc on
This discussion has been closed.