As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 07 enforcer question

SymianSymian Registered User new member
edited January 2007 in PAX Archive
Hi.

I just moved up to the area (Bellingham, about an hour and a half north of Seattle), and thought it might be fun to be an enforcer now that I have the time. I'd love to volunteer and do whatever, you know, needs being done.

I've tried to scour the PAX page as best I could (and I'm probably missing something obvious) but I couldn't find any volunteering information.

I remember seeing some fliers at the last PAX for this, so I thought I'd at least ask here.

Is this just something that doesn't start to fill for a few months?

Thanks.

Symian on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    From the PAX main page:
    We're also putting out another call for volunteers! If you want to join the Enforcer team, please send this application to our Volunteer Wrangler!(mailto:klindsay@penny-arcade.com)

Dunno if it's still open. Probably not, but you could always try.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ah, so it's that I'm too late.

Anyway - where do I go?

Symian on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Symian wrote:
    Ah, so it's that I'm too late.

Anyway - where do I go?

You don't go anywhere.

You wait.

Be patient.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2007
    Symian wrote:
    Hi.

Is this just something that doesn't start to fill for a few months?

Thanks.

Correct. In the past an announcement has been made on the main page, it also typically contains a link to the enforcer application.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh, I see! Thanks.

Yeah, to clarify my response... I don't know how I did it but I managed to not see your quote of the announcement from the main page.

Further, I don't know how I managed to miss it ON the main page.

Oy, not my brightest moment.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Symian on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He means in the past as in past pas years. Not recently.

When the time comes from recruiting there will be a mention of it on the front page.
    Just wait.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    being an enforcer would suck. you wouldn't get a chance to enjoy pax at all, you'd be working the whole time, and not necessarily where you want to.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dyaballikl wrote:
    being an enforcer would suck. you wouldn't get a chance to enjoy pax at all, you'd be working the whole time, and not necessarily where you want to.

From looking at the old application, you really only work a few hours of the day...possibly even during set up or tear down before/after PAX. Really...you would only miss out on part of a day.

-Edit-

Also, you do it for the honor man. You cannot buy that shit.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The non-managers who work the whole time do so by choice. Those of us in charge of an area are kind of forced into working the whole time though ;)

Most enforcers only work one shift then go see pax the rest of the time.

You only have to work one shift a day (which is about 5-6h i think). But you are more than welcome to take double shifts when its needed.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    TehSpectre wrote:
    Also, you do it for the honor man. You cannot buy that shit.
    You buy the T-Shirt at Value Village.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
This discussion has been closed.