As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread: CEs Betaning NOW on the A server! Or some of us are.

• MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dem Miffyc boyz gonna be sendin' snots wit' it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    As much as I hate goblins, RPing as one is fantastic.
    I'm leaning towards playing a shaman right now, and with the exception of the grendels in DoW I have no idea what the typical Warhammer goblin sounds like.

Bama on
    edited August 2008
    Gretchin in 40k. Or grots.

But that's basically it. Think an extra weedy car salesman who also happens to be a soccer hooligan with a cockney accent.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gretchin, right. Been a while.

Bama on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hrm, so some people are saying that they got some notification that they were eligible for the preview weekend, and others were saying that that's complete horseshit... What do you guys think? James Nichols posted that it was highly likely that there were still spots open for the 50,000 PW slots. I wonder why some people got a notification and others got nothin'.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited August 2008
    If you have a "closed beta" association, you'd probably not get it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How is the headstart going to work if you don't have the game itself early? Digital download?

It's also entirely possible that the Open Beta Client will be used, as I imagine it will be more up to date than the Gold Copy on the box disc. Except for maybe some art assets.

I can see the OB Client being patched to the Release Client.

There is supposed to be some sort of "grace period" after Release where you've got time to enter your Box CD Key. If you don't do it in time, you acct gets locked.

Selner on
  • FluxcapFluxcap Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hrm, so some people are saying that they got some notification that they were eligible for the preview weekend, and others were saying that that's complete horseshit... What do you guys think? James Nichols posted that it was highly likely that there were still spots open for the 50,000 PW slots. I wonder why some people got a notification and others got nothin'.

I call BS.

I doubt 50k people entered their code in the first 4 minutes like I did.

Fluxcap on
    edited August 2008
    That makes sense, but I'd rather see it delivered by snotlings.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Supposedly the notification is only visible for people who made new accounts.

Zek on
  • waywardryanwaywardryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "Greetings!

Since bringing the Account Center live it has come to our attention that some Target Pre-Order customers are encountering errors when attempting to register their keys.

We have discovered that due to mis-printing the letter "Q" is displaying as an "O". Pre-Order keys will never contains "O" or "0". Be sure that in any scenario where there appears to be an O that you enter "Q" instead.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you!"

It looks like the problem with target codes is rampant.

waywardryan on
    Lemon - Bright Wizard
    Bijaz - Ironbreaker
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That makes sense, but I'd rather see it delivered by snotlings.

I'm trying to think who could possibly dress up like a snotling. It'd have to be a 1 or 2 year old I think. No one else would be that short.

So I think Mythic would be violating child-labor laws if they dressed up a bunch of toddlers like snotlings and had them deliver the game. :)

Selner on
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How are the notifications supposedly showing up? Via e-mail or when you set up your account?

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    I follow every black orcs around and call them "Boss" and compliment their fighting abilities excessively.

While playing a Black Orc, I would generally ask to join groups of goblins through something along the lines of, "Oi, you lot! Who let you out wifout a boss? Get over here, you need someone big t'boss you around!"

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited August 2008
    Wot if dey's jus' etin' Ratgash or sumfink?

Ain't no boss needed fer dat.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How are the notifications supposedly showing up? Via e-mail or when you set up your account?

Well my master account has ticked over and says its active, along with

Enabled:
    Open Beta
    Head Start
    Preorder

And I got my code in straight after every said it was open to keys. My Beta Center account though still has "Applied" sitting there, which sort of worries me as they might not clear Aussie players for it straight away. Not that thats an issue at the moment, since the torrent is sitting at 7 kb/s and is still 13 days off finishing.

Kelor on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Preorder
    Bonus Item: Skaven Cloak
    CE Open Beta
    CE Head Start

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Well my master account has ticked over and says its active, along with

Enabled:
    Open Beta
    Head Start
    Preorder

And I got my code in straight after every said it was open to keys. My Beta Center account though still has "Applied" sitting there, which sort of worries me as they might not clear Aussie players for it straight away. Not that thats an issue at the moment, since the torrent is sitting at 7 kb/s and is still 13 days off finishing.

Confused?

You aren't getting into Closed Beta. Once the preview weekend hits, you will be able to login with your new account that you just made. Your beta center WILL NOT change.

You beta center account and your new mythic account are not linked.

Figgy on
    edited August 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Wot if dey's jus' etin' Ratgash or sumfink?

Ain't no boss needed fer dat.

Dey was wand'rin round da humies. One of 'em had a fancy dagger, and dat's worf more dan six goblins. Can't have da good stuff runnin around wifout a boss in charge. 'Sides, dey was gettin' credit wif da Big Boss for killin' humies. I I's da boss round here, and ain't no little git gonna get credit for killin' my humies wifout me!

Darkewolfe on
    edited August 2008
    Gotcha.

Thanks for clarifying it.

Kelor on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EDIT: nevermind, I suppose.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    God damn this thread moves fast.

Much like hearing about and seeing the backpack gyrocopter made me want to roll a dwarf, there was something that clinched goblin over blork for me: a video of one. The voice and animations had a great character to them. And they can do that "walk around in circles on the ground" dance Homer did in that one simpsons.

If having alts in the order TSM guild will gimp leveling then keep them out, but if not I don't see why they shouldn't be in. And as far as I know the order and destro guilds will be on different servers so the "looking for order chars but they're on their destro mains kicking your ass" scenario won't happen.

As for names, I like just plain "Candymancers" better than "Faerie Candymancers." And Tiefe Krahen is good too, and PA-themed and appropriate to the setting. I don't particularly care about guild names, but some people will want a badass-sounding name and Tiefe Krahen is that IMO.

Yougottawanna on
    edited August 2008
    God damn this thread moves fast.

Much like hearing about and seeing the backpack gyrocopter made me want to roll a dwarf, there was something that clinched goblin over blork for me: a video of one. The voice and animations had a great character to them. And they can do that "walk around in circles on the ground" dance Homer did in that one simpsons.

If having alts in the order TSM guild will gimp leveling then keep them out, but if not I don't see why they shouldn't be in. And as far as I know the order and destro guilds will be on different servers so the "looking for order chars but they're on their destro mains kicking your ass" scenario won't happen.

As for names, I like just plain "Candymancers" better than "Faerie Candymancers." And Tiefe Krahen is good too, and PA-themed and appropriate to the setting. I don't particularly care about guild names, but some people will want a badass-sounding name and Tiefe Krahen is that IMO.

Voting on the guild name will be starting sometime this weekend. I was going to do it two days ago, but no one other than sushi submitted ideas. And anything sushi ever says is terrible. ;P

Darkewolfe on
    edited August 2008
    I thought we were supposed to start downloading today?

If I've got the Closed Beta client.. do I need to download some Open Beta client too?

Figgy on
    edited August 2008

You won't know if you're in the PW until later in the week, or next. They'll send out notifications.

And, I doubt they're even at 50,000 yet.

Figgy on
    edited August 2008
    That goblin thing is very special.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This thread 'asploded in my sleep.

wavecutter on
    edited August 2008
    Nothing like waking up and needing to change your thread to a new one.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone who is in and on the "A" server. PM me if you want to use my vent server.

wavecutter on
    edited August 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    That goblin thing is very special.

Figgy on
  • BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey folks, I just realized I needed a Master Account.

I made one but I want to know is anyone able to download the client yet? I entered everything and it said activated but it did not send an email or anything about the client.

EDIT: Do I need to link the Master Account and my Beta Center? How would I do that? =\

Babble on
  • eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Voting on the guild name will be starting sometime this weekend. I was going to do it two days ago, but no one other than sushi submitted ideas. And anything sushi ever says is terrible. ;P

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
    edited August 2008
    Babble wrote: »

I made one but I want to know is anyone able to download the client yet? I entered everything and it said activated but it did not send an email or anything about the client.

I had the same question until I re-read the news announcement just now... from the bottom:
    Exciting times are ahead and as always you can trust the Herald to bring you the news you need to know, when you need to know it. We'll have information on when Open Beta starts, Preview Weekend, how to download the game, and more coming next week.

Figgy on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What's all this rabble about voting on guild names? Is it for the opposite side that The Six Mouths is on or something? Is TSM still going to be Destruction?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
    edited August 2008
    KungFu wrote: »
    What's all this rabble about voting on guild names? Is it for the opposite side that The Six Mouths is on or something? Is TSM still going to be Destruction?

It's about an Order guild on a separate server.

Figgy on
  • BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

I had the same question until I re-read the news announcement just now... from the bottom:
    Exciting times are ahead and as always you can trust the Herald to bring you the news you need to know, when you need to know it. We'll have information on when Open Beta starts, Preview Weekend, how to download the game, and more coming next week.

So all today did was allow us to enter our keys? We won't be able to start to download the client? Argh!

What about linking by Beta Center with my Master Account is that something I need to do?

Babble on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    TSM is still destro. The name voting thing is for those suckers going order.

Oats on
    edited August 2008
    Sushi, you know I love you. I just need to get a stronger leash to keep you on.

Darkewolfe on
    edited August 2008
    So all today did was allow us to enter our keys? We won't be able to start to download the client? Argh!

What about linking by Beta Center with my Master Account is that something I need to do?

You do not link the two.

I imagine once the PW hits, the beta center will just close completely. Well, after their CB testers have a chance to enter info to get into the PW as well...

Figgy on
    edited August 2008
    We're allowed to link to the torrent right? I'll give a link if so for everyone asking.

Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.