As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Are you in the beta action, or are you some kinda sissy girl?

DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Please see the other thread for direct question and answer sessions, class reviews and spoiler information. This thread is for discussion of the game in a looser sense.

Temporary forums for the Order guild:
http://paorder.freeforums.org/

Awesome forums for the Destruction guild:
http://www.thesixmouths.com/

Mouths, Tiefe Krahen, and Miscellaneous PAers in the Preview Weekend!

We will be playing on Abhorash (barring a last minute consensus here if the server is completely swamped). Ideally, I'd like to get a proper Mouths tag up and running, or join up with Robot's crew. In order to coordinate through the initial rush, I'd ask that once you roll a character, go to the following page and sign up; Forum Name/Character/Time Zone.

The Six Mouths Sign Up Document

Krahen, most of us will be rolling Order. We will still meet up on Abhorash, in the /channel TSM. I'm not sure what the Mouths are doing, but if they go Destruction, we could have some old school throw-downs!
waaagh.png

What is this I don't even.
Darkewolfe on

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You folks realize Blorks are tank archetypes, yiss?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Those questions aren't mine, I've been in the beta for a long freaking time. I'm just preserving them from previous threads.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whoo, new thread.

I can't wait for that NDA to die so I can just unload all my content and share tales of greatness and actually have decent conversations.

In the mean time, Hay, has there been any word that they will continue on with the podcasts? I really like them and would hate to lose them. They would be a great way to introduce patch notes and stuff, even though they may be less often than monthly.

Lucky Cynic on
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm just gonna pee in the corner over here to mark my territory.

wavecutter on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Currently, CE's should be able to download their beta clients and play sometimes. On the "A" server, I am told. Open Beta has not begun, however, you can enter your codes at the mythic account page.

Well I have the CE and I put in the code and I cannot even DL the beta so hmmm.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wavecutter wrote: »
    I'm just gonna pee in the corner over here to mark my territory.

*stares*

admanb on
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Stop you'll give me stage fright.

*EDIT* Anyone on the A server want to meet up?

wavecutter on
  • MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Stragint wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Currently, CE's should be able to download their beta clients and play sometimes. On the "A" server, I am told. Open Beta has not begun, however, you can enter your codes at the mythic account page.

Well I have the CE and I put in the code and I cannot even DL the beta so hmmm.

Not all CEs have been invited to the closed beta, it may be that the hardware of your DXDIAG file doesn't meet their minimum requirements. This is still a closed beta, and has those. Requirements that is.

Maticore on
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, I do not see the fuss about Open Beta. I don't even think it becomes a beta test at that point, it just becomes people playing a game while masturbating. I am not so sure about how 'successful' it will be. Maybe for big things like 50 people shouting "OMFG, THIS PQ GOT STUCK! WYTF!!!" but really, think about the feedback they'd give.

Because they have not been testing and are new, they really are subject to being idiotic like, "omfg, my black orc coundt kill that runepriest, nerf them1"

of course then there are also the people who BASICALLY say that but with actual words and complete sentences, yet they may think that going thru 3 scenarios makes them an expert on their class or on RvR.

Lucky Cynic on
  • XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be honest I will very likely not be playing Open Beta at all. No need to get burnt on low level content that I have done WAY too much already for yet another character that will get wiped.

Then again, OB isn't for people like us who are in the closed.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited August 2008
    Xzean wrote: »
    I'll be honest I will very likely not be playing Open Beta at all. No need to get burnt on low level content that I have done WAY too much already for yet another character that will get wiped.

Then again, OB isn't for people like us who are in the closed.

Hell, it'll probably be over before we even get a decently ranked character.

Lucky Cynic on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure OB only exist for two reasons, 1) Help get a few more pre-orders. 2) Stress test the servers. I don't think anyone expects any sort of quality feedback from OBs. What little good feedback is there is drowned out by all the internet fuckwads bitching about how the game is "not as good as wow", "the wow killer", or "not truly next gen (I hate that fucking label)"

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    edited August 2008
    Man! I am trying to find that video of the guy talking about beta feed back, I think it was from a podcast but basically it was something along the lines of.

"Beta feedback is always a treat. We get stuff like "This sucks." "I hate this."-- "I hate you! You suck..."

Lucky Cynic on
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pretty sure I erred and marked myself as industry way back when, based on my constant denial from beta. But it's ok. At least I have my CE business. It'll all be fresh and zesty!

... :( ..

Dondums on
    internet
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been blorking on the MD server, but I'll come master some swords on the A server. Could I get some names to add to my list?

Tyberius on
    edited August 2008
    I suggest everyone check out all the podcasts again, particularly the first 10. They show a loooot of content that has changed as it went along and when you experience the examples they are talking about in the videos in the actual game itself, you get a feel for how awesome it all is. :D

Lucky Cynic on
  • HompHomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Their beta forums suck too. It's the same 3 or 4 questions along with the usual deluge of people who can't read the announcements and always make a post asking if the server is down.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    GRRAAAGASDGALKHOIWAEGAOWIEGHAWOEIGHAIOWEHG!!!

SEETHING RAGE

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For when the NDA drops: are blue dots in the game?

Yougottawanna on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh the dilemma: Spore or WAR?

Both games I've been waiting years for though I've played Warhammer Fantasy/40k since before I'd ever heard of Spore or hell, even had a computer.

Typhus733 on
  • LeemoLeemo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure OB only exist for two reasons, 1) Help get a few more pre-orders. 2) Stress test the servers. I don't think anyone expects any sort of quality feedback from OBs. What little good feedback is there is drowned out by all the internet fuckwads bitching about how the game is "not as good as wow", "the wow killer", or "not truly next gen (I hate that fucking label)"

It helps identify exploits, too. A lot of people are fond of using beta phases to identify and test exploits to use in later phases, and sometimes will get noticed by, i.e. a random guy running past and thinking, "Hm..."

I know several exploits in Age of Conan were identified in the latter phases of beta (and during headstart) and fixed before release.

Leemo on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    marauder is the best class

tyrannus on
    edited August 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

Fat.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

Fat.

maget

tyrannus on
  • Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This forum does not force it's members to maintain the NDA, so anyone can feel free to answer the above questions in the OP.
    Please?

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
    edited August 2008
    Indica1 wrote: »
    This forum does not force it's members to maintain the NDA, so anyone can feel free to answer the above questions in the OP.
    Please?

I believe that would be considered bad form.

LittleBoots on

• jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want this game.

That is all.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    (Orc Tank + Chosen Marauder + Shaman) * Vent = Messing some Order players up in spectacular ways. Though groups of Bright mages can freeze in hell.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been wanting to go a Black Ork since I first I read that combat involves knocking people on the ground and then kicking them while they can't fight back. And [URL="[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/Kelor1/BlackOrc02.jpg[/IMG]"]this[/URL] looks rad.

Well that and their armor description.

The Black Orc Look

* Fully armored in heavy armor (with lots of spikes)
    * Large very heavy shields (also with lots of spikes)
    * Choppas and great choppas (with spiky bits stuck on)

Kelor on
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm a kinda sissy girl that is also caught up in the Spore vs Waaagh conundrum. What are, say, the top five cool things you can tell us about how the game plays, and how characters rock, without breaking NDA?

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mostly, it's members of the Six Mouths who have played the game extensively.

Any Mouths breaking NDA will be violated, kicked, and unable to every join a tea party ever again. Thus, not much NDA breakage will happen here, regardless of forum rules.

I think it's safe to say that most who have played beta, would like to continue doing so. The few that don't have gone into quite a bit of detail as to their dislikes.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    blork?

BLORK BLORK BLORK!

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blork <3

Only played a bit and already love it. I have all day off today!

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Er... um... Woo Iron Breakers.

Shabooty on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The EU servers are poof.

This is annoying.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I so can't wait to play this game with the full graphic capability.

From IGN:
    warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20080711030611541.jpg

Cade on
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

And you realize an "archetype" in Mythics view is only what kind of set skills theyll have right?

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OK, I got my beta code

Entered it in both the wrahammeronline account and mythic account.

Where do you d-load the files?

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »

And you realize an "archetype" in Mythics view is only what kind of set skills theyll have right?

People are too use to the old fashion stereotype of "Tank" and "Healer" classes and love to jump to conclusions set by other games.

Tyberius on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    widowson wrote: »
    OK, I got my beta code

Entered it in both the wrahammeronline account and mythic account.

Where do you d-load the files?

Downloading the client starts on monday.

Shabooty on
This discussion has been closed.