As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Poor People!

• QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have £30 to my name at the moment, which is likely to be a problem come rent time in September, though thankfully i have a lovely letting agency and they don't mind waiting for my student loan money to come through before I pay, so it's all good

I do need a job in uni this year though I think. Or I'll just mooch of my fuckwit of a Dad for the one year I have left, which sounds much more fun

Quirk on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Quirk wrote: »
    I have £30 to my name at the moment, which is likely to be a problem come rent time in September, though thankfully i have a lovely letting agency and they don't mind waiting for my student loan money to come through before I pay, so it's all good

I do need a job in uni this year though I think. Or I'll just mooch of my fuckwit of a Dad for the one year I have left, which sounds much more fun

If your Dad is such a fuckwit how come he can afford to support your worthless arse?

Butler on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Never ever break the law.
    If you're poor as hell on the street, you should just die. Make no effort to better yourself if it would ever be a questionable activity, such as something that might be morally wrong.

Eating stolen fast food will cause the world to crash in on itself.
    Investing your money into products to sell said products for a profit is against the moral law. Do not do it. You will bring about the anti-christ.

Continue going to school, work hard, never become homeless or you are fucked in life forever.

*Edited to properly math the flow of the thread*

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i bought a new wallet today

that's right, i have so much money i can afford a new thing to hold my money in

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My mind is blown by your financial expertise.

ascot on
    edited August 2008
    Steal stuff, commit fraud and "scalp" clothes from goodwill stores for profit!

Yeah I'm reporting this post and I hope you get jailed.

Butler on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hallowed is working hard to be the worst forumer.

Congrats, tiny-shibby

NotASenator on
    edited August 2008
    Butler wrote: »

If your ass is poor as hell, this is a way to survive and get back on your feet. Nothing about it is illegal, it is simply a question of morals for sure, but when your ass is in the wringer, you will be amazed at what you will do to survive.

HallowedFaith on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

If your ass is poor as hell, this is a way to survive and get back on your feet. Nothing about it is illegal, it is simply a question of morals for sure, but when your ass is in the wringer, you will be amazed at what you will do to survive.
    The iPod thing is definitely fraud and last time I checked fraud was frowned upon. People have been jailed for suggesting less. You might want to edit your post. Just sayin

Clint Eastwood on
    edited August 2008
    There, edited for the mass.

The iPod was a bit extreme, that was my bad. I guess some people have different morals about dealing with loopholes in the system. I obviously, do not. I guess i'm an asshole.

But I'm not poor anymore.

HallowedFaith on
    edited August 2008
    i'm pretty sure that eating a supermarket's products without paying for it is illegal

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    too bad you can't delete posts when other people have posted after you

Clint Eastwood on
    edited August 2008
    While you are editing the post, Hallowed, the resale of cigarettes is illegal too.

NotASenator on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, I know you guys are all ethical and shit, but the stuff he just put out there isn't really that bad.

I mean if for some reason I was desperately poor I'd probably do that.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    if for some reason i was that poor i'd get a bloody job

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Stealing shit sucks. I'm glad I got out of that phase.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited August 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Man, I know you guys are all ethical and shit, but the stuff he just put out there isn't really that bad.

I mean if for some reason I was desperately poor I'd probably do that.

Except for the stealing and fraud, right?

NotASenator on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty rich you guys

just sayin

#pipe on
    edited August 2008
    Well yeah

But you guys have some hella respect for the law up in this piece and it's sorta weird

[edit] I mean, I personally don't steal or commit fraud, but I'm not all nom nom nom torches and pitchforks either

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »

sure you can.

#pipe on
    edited August 2008
    See here is what I don't get, you guys entitle this a "poor" thread right? And then bitch about how you can't afford your new electric guitars and might have to rely on your parents for food while your ass is in college.

Are we talking about the same kind of "poor" here?

HallowedFaith on
    edited August 2008
    Well yeah

But you guys have some hella respect for the law up in this piece and it's sorta weird

We don't like people coming into our house and taking our shit.

Or beating us up when we are trying to get some Chik-fil-a

NotASenator on
    edited August 2008
    it's less a respect for the law and more a disrespect for people so inept at life that they have to break it to survive

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It sucks playing video games when you have no money. I mean, if you manage to find $60, you can also manage to find a new release that looks really awesome when you should really be saving up for college and gear for work and...fuck.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited August 2008

"Nothing about it is illegal" now that you've edited out the illegal stuff, like walking around a supermarket eating stuff and then walking out without paying for it.

Here's a fun fact for you: Mods can read all previous versions of all edited posts.

Butler on
    edited August 2008
    Also, that story reminds me of a friend I had who spent a year of his life scamming people over the internet by selling fake WoW accounts to support himself. He stole thousands of dollars from people, was basically a gargantuan dick about it, and bought nothing but drugs and junk food until he went insane and moved back home.

Basically, get a job and don't do that or else you'll go insane and become a deficit on society

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »

sure you can.
    quiet, you

Clint Eastwood on
    edited August 2008
    See here is what I don't get, you guys entitle this a "poor" thread right? And then bitch about how you can't afford your new electric guitars and might have to rely on your parents for food while your ass is in college.

not for me

for me this is a thread to talk about my new wallet

it's a fossil. i like fossil stuff

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Well yeah

You make a valid point

I want anyone who hinders my delicious breaded nugget acquisition incarcerated

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »

not for me

for me this is a thread to talk about my new wallet

it's a fossil. i like fossil stuff
    I got a new wallet a little while ago too! It is white and I got it at the quiksilver store.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited August 2008
    So who is breaking into peoples houses?
    Who said anything about beating people up?

How many of you fuckers download shit all day long off torrents and want to get into my grill about survival when you're poor? lol jesus christ.

HallowedFaith on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

"Nothing about it is illegal" now that you've edited out the illegal stuff, like walking around a supermarket eating stuff and then walking out without paying for it.

Here's a fun fact for you: Mods can read all previous versions of all edited posts.

Jesus Christ, you're annoying.

Also, I'm easily the worst poster on the forums. Give this guy a break.

Burden of Proof on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

The only means of income I have is music. My ability to eat and have a place to sleep directly comes from giving performances that are better than anyone else in the field. You bet your ass that having the necessary equipment to continue eating is high on my list of priorities.

Khavall on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trell wrote: »
    I shaved for the first time in like a month this morning.

I really should shave more.

my facial hair is terrible

I have to shave every day (duh). However, I have been using the same razor for about a month and a half. I shave in the shower so I don't really feel the pain it should be causing, and the shave is good enough for the people that would yell at me about said shave. Because seriously, 12 dollars for four razors? Suck a cock gillette.

I shave like a man with JUST THE RAZOR nothing else not shaving cream nor gel or aftershave

Because I was a marine!

I learned to shave like this before the marines because it was easier for me

Brainleech on
    edited August 2008

Funfact: I get what I get and that is that isn't it? Whats the point of the edit button if you can't correct your "mistakes."

HallowedFaith on
    edited August 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Well yeah

You make a valid point

I want anyone who hinders my delicious breaded nugget acquisition incarcerated

They could charge me $20 and I would gladly shell out.

NotASenator on
    edited August 2008
    i shave without any cream or whatever, but only because i have about three hairs to tackle

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2008

The fact that we are all accessing the internet in our spare time implies a certain basic level of wealth. And what we're (or at least I'm) objecting to is not so much your doing these things as your coming in here and advising other people to break the law.

Butler on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

The fact that we are all accessing the internet in our spare time implies a certain basic level of wealth. And what we're (or at least I'm) objecting to is not so much your doing these things as your coming in here and advising other people to break the law.

It's also a little him doing these things.

If you're so poor that you have to steal and commit fraud to survive, what are you doing on the internet?

Khavall on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

The only means of income I have is music. My ability to eat and have a place to sleep directly comes from giving performances that are better than anyone else in the field. You bet your ass that having the necessary equipment to continue eating is high on my list of priorities.

That right there is pretty damn true. Though how often do you perform? I mean, as soon as I'm out of high school I'll be in the same boat, but unless you're actually touring, a part time day job works wonders. I guess it depends on where you play, though. Night time at local bars/clubs, or actually touring?

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on