As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Are you in the beta action, or are you some kinda sissy girl?

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008
    destruction will always win because order is dumb.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    You folks realize Blorks are tank archetypes, yiss?

And you realize an "archetype" in Mythics view is only what kind of set skills theyll have right?

People are too use to the old fashion stereotype of "Tank" and "Healer" classes and love to jump to conclusions set by other games.

...you guys realize Aegis has been in the beta for quite a while and knows what he is talking about, right?

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    blorks are definitely tanks.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »

Good, not dumb.

Edit: Wait, is Order technically the good guys? Or is it more vague then that?

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Shabooty wrote: »

Good, not dumb.

robothero has been fatally wounded by wall of text in boring comic

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

spaceballs_large_13.jpg

Unknown User on
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't be the only one who found Sigmar tattooed on the head of the WP funny.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    TheDissolutionTheDissolution Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This game sucks...

because I'm not in the beta yet. :(

TheDissolution on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Good, not dumb.

Good guys don't really exist in Warhammer.

admanb on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Order is law, Destruction is chaos.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    VisibleManVisibleMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    destruction will always win because order is vastly outnumbered.

Is what I read.

VisibleMan on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    admanb wrote: »

Good, not dumb.

People always say this, but I'd much rather hang out with some Empire folks than Chaos or Dark Elves.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You'd probably get flayed in the empire, or be completely poor out of your mind.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Good, not dumb.

People always say this, but I'd much rather hang out with some Empire folks than Chaos or Dark Elves.

It's really more of a question of how you want to die when your friends turn on you. Either burnt at the stake or dismembered/tortured.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Tyberius wrote: »
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    You folks realize Blorks are tank archetypes, yiss?

And you realize an "archetype" in Mythics view is only what kind of set skills theyll have right?

People are too use to the old fashion stereotype of "Tank" and "Healer" classes and love to jump to conclusions set by other games.

...you guys realize Aegis has been in the beta for quite a while and knows what he is talking about, right?

And you realize that I didn't say Black Orcs aren't tanks. I most definitely tank with mine at least.

There is tanking and then there is TANKING!

Tyberius on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This talk of 50k open beta spots for regular preorders is scaring me.

If I buy the game online right now, will I be able to play it come Monday (or whenever the open open beta is)?

Airking850 on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate it when people call it Good vs. Evil. They should call it Crazy vs. Crazier.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    HambrabaiHambrabai Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate it when people call it Good vs. Evil. They should call it Crazy vs. Crazier.

Yep, in Warhammer there is either the guys who will kill you at the drop of the hat for minor differences in ideas and if you look funny (order) and then there are the guys that kill you just because it's a good thing (chaos).

Hambrabai on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I keep running into this problem and it is starting to make me pull out batches of hair: When I play on my tank, all the healers I run into are terrible; but, when I go then to play on my healer, all the tanks I run into are terrible.

I need to clone myself I think.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I keep running into this problem and it is starting to make me pull out batches of hair: When I play on my tank, all the healers I run into are terrible; but, when I go then to play on my healer, all the tanks I run into are terrible.

I need to clone myself I think.

Welcome to the dichotomy of being a tank or healer in any MMO ever created. Unless you personally know the people involved, you are doomed to disappointment in a public setting.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, evil always wins because good is dumb.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate you guys for keeping me out of beta, somehow i knows a guy from here are stealins me place in the beta!

Well, im starting to get pretty hyped for this game now. And i really dont know if its a good thing, considering the fact im starting at university around the time the game is released. And then there is the problem of deciding wich side to join. Destruction got Blorcs and goblin shamans, but on the other hand how can you NOT want to play a wichthunter when you get such fancy 'staches and awesome hats! And you can be a bitter drunk,dwarf. And have a justified reason to whine and grumble about all the changes patches are going to bring by just roleplaying. Ooh so many possibilities. That said i do have a question for when the NDA drops. I was originally planning to roll a KOTBS( is that right? knights of the blazing sun?), so i really want to know if annyone from the closed beta could provide any information about how they played, and possibly why they were dropped.If they ever where in the betabuilds.

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Giant Bomb wne tto EA's Event and during the 11 minutes, they end up tlkaing to Paul. He msut be mistaken, because twice he tells everyone to go to the website to sign up to play beta......as though it was an -open- beta and not jsut an....open beta. I don't think they told him not everyone gets a shto of trying before they buy like he's telling people to do.

On the other hand, he and Jeff were hilarious when talking about how far you go about capitulating or getting fired and Jeff smacks his head and goes "-THAT's- the part I forgot."

They don't have any footage, just Paul being Paul and talking about how Warhammer is like Batman. Go check it out.

EDIT Also Betaleaks isn't gone, they just had a meltdown since Mythic decided people that are legitimately now entitled to Beta info aren't allowed on their forums, so they all tried going to Betaleaks. Might be back up later today, otherwise not till Monday at the earliest.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've had 1gig of ram on my new computer for a few months, but now that WAR is getting close i'm going to upgrade all the way to the Vista32 max of 4gigs

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I laughed at the sigmar tattoo. I hope you can get "sigmar 4 life" too.

That's a cool pic though. Warhammer humans are way cooler than wow humans IMO.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I laughed at the sigmar tattoo. I hope you can get "sigmar 4 life" too.

That's a cool pic though. Warhammer humans are way cooler than wow humans IMO.

Thats because nothing in WoW is cool except Trolls. But even then, you don't get to play as the cool kind.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think the easiest way to think about it is that the Empire doesn't want to kill you. They regard it as a necessity. I guess that makes them slightly less evil than Chaos and the Greenies.

Also, that picture is making me even more pissed than ever that my 8800 GT died out, and I'll have to use my backup 7600 for a while. I suspect it won't look as nice on my computer.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Airking850 wrote: »
    This talk of 50k open beta spots for regular preorders is scaring me.

If I buy the game online right now, will I be able to play it come Monday (or whenever the open open beta is)?

My wild-ass guess is that all the Open Beta spots are filled. Probably in around an hour.

Heck, I'm not even sure I got access, and I entered my code in at about 11:10 Eastern time.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's not 50k open beta slots, it's 50k preview weekend slots for people with the SE.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    One interesting thing that I noticed, not that it matters, is for the past 3-4 days, at least, WAR has been climbing ebgames.com and Amazon's video game best seller lists. For the past two it has topped both of them.
    That is either a very good sign (Yay, popular!) or a very bad one. (Boo, popular! The servers! By Sigmar the servers are on fire! Aaaaahhhhhh!)

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Server load shouldn't be an issue if they are halfway competant. Even Conan was able to provide stable servers.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    One interesting thing that I noticed, not that it matters, is for the past 3-4 days, at least, WAR has been climbing ebgames.com and Amazon's video game best seller lists. For the past two it has topped both of them.
    That is either a very good sign (Yay, popular!) or a very bad one. (Boo, popular! The servers! By Sigmar the servers are on fire! Aaaaahhhhhh!)

Look at it as short term bad news as the servers and noob areas get innundated like any good MMO at launch, but good long term for the health of the game.

I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since City of Heroes. And its only beta, and I haven't even linked up with any PA folks yet!. I think I'm going to stop playing so much - maybe just do the first couple of chapters for each race and some RvR so things will be fresh when it launches.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wouldn't say Orks are evil. It's like, if a bear mauls you, you don't say, fuck, that was one evil bear. You're like, god damn, what a force of nature.

Orks are like bears. They will tear you apart because that's just what they do. They don't really have malicious intent or grand schemes or evil plots. They just fight.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Orks are evil. It's like, if a bear mauls you, you don't say, fuck, that was one evil bear. You're like, god damn, what a force of nature.

Orks are like bears. They will tear you apart because that's just what they do. They don't really have malicious intent or grand schemes or evil plots. They just fight.

Which is true except that there are no orks in this game.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Which is true except that there are no orks in this game.

Oh right, only 40k orks are spelled with a k.

The statement still stands.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    widowson wrote: »
    OK, I got my beta code

Entered it in both the wrahammeronline account and mythic account.

Where do you d-load the files?

Downloading the client starts on monday.

Thkz.

Also, to answer your other question, I'd *much* rather live in the Empire, High Elf lands, or Dwarven strongholds than in the destruction realms.

Empire can be harsh and does have an inquisition, but not out of Puritannical ignorance, but stark necessity to keep cultists from summoning demons, sacrificing babies, opening portals to Hell, ect.

Also, the church of Sigmar is militant and can be demanding in the fight against chaos, but it beats the hell out of having Chaos beastmen gang-raping your sister...

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why is Descruction outnumbering Order so vastly? I thought Mythic was somehow balancing the population?

Munacra on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    its not so vast as people say, like 10-20% more from what i've seen.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

WoW's servers were annihilated by launch. I think we can say confidently that it didn't hurt them TOO much.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure OB only exist for two reasons, 1) Help get a few more pre-orders. 2) Stress test the servers. I don't think anyone expects any sort of quality feedback from OBs. What little good feedback is there is drowned out by all the internet fuckwads bitching about how the game is "not as good as wow", "the wow killer", or "not truly next gen (I hate that fucking label)"

How can a PC game be next gen I would want to strangle anyone I found who said that stupid ass shit get your console shit out of my mmo.

Jesus h christ.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
This discussion has been closed.