As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robin, of Batman and Robin

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    oh okay

i thought you were talking about how everyone forgot about the supporting cast after Dixon left the first time.

hell, Ives has been forgotten about again already

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    To be fair though, Ives isn't really important to what is going on at the moment.

Ives appeared in 173. 174 brought back Stephanie, and 175 and 176 both take place within the span of a single night.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Robin is awesome

One of my non-comic reading friends is always bitchin' about how the idea of Batman having a sidekick is "gay" and such

But he is a fool

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If gay means being Batman's crime-fighting buddy, then sign me up for homosexuality.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    See, that's what I keep saying!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I would even wear a red green and yellow costume!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I haven't really read much of what Jason Todd has been in recently, and it doesn't seem he's been in the Batman related comics lately, what is up with him? I know he is Red Hood, is he on earth1 at all?

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He came back to 'Earth-1' at the end of Countdown and threw his Red Robin costume in the trash. I think that was his last appearance as of now.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He came back to 'Earth-1' at the end of Countdown and threw his Red Robin costume in the trash. I think that was his last appearance as of now.

Implied threesome with Harley and Holly.

Okay, they were just living together, but it's not a huge jump from one thing to another.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008

And someone (either him or Swag Man) grabbed the costume out of the trash in the latest issue of Robin

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mugginns wrote: »
    So I haven't really read much of what Jason Todd has been in recently, and it doesn't seem he's been in the Batman related comics lately, what is up with him? I know he is Red Hood, is he on earth1 at all?

He hasn't been in anything since Countdown, but he's going to be involved with RIP

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Keith wrote: »

He hasn't been in anything since Countdown, but he's going to be involved with RIP
    Cool, I do remember the Jason Todd pins or whatever they had at a comic con, but I haven't seen him in RIP yet

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

He hasn't been in anything since Countdown, but he's going to be the new Batman

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wait when did Jason try to steal the nightwing name was that before or after one year later?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    57492995878.118.GIF

After. Note the "Name you can trust!" creator on the cover.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    JG Jones wrote Nightwing!?!?!?!?!?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so what happened to jason after the nightwing gig?
    thats the last I saw of him. but I haven't gotten around to reading countdown yet

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You should probably find a way to never getting around to reading COUNTDOWN.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fuck Jason Todd.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I also believe that Todd should have stayed dead.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Know what they should do with Todd? Put him on the Birds of Prey roster in the Red Robin guise, move the BoP back to Gotham, and give the lot of them something meaningful to do.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Jason Todd will be back in Gotham soon enough, when he takes over as Batman. What Didio wants, Didio gets.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Todd doesn't have the moral qualifications for the job.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's just as good of an idea as "Dr. Light - rapist", "Superboy punching reality", or COUNTDOWN. Hell, Didio has already recreated the death of Superman event, when he had the golden age Superman beaten to death. Why not recreate Knightfall as well, but instead of having an unpopular Jean Paul Valley / Azrael replace Wayne, have Jason Todd do it?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Because Todd is just as unpopular?

And Tim will take the mantle himself before he let's Todd shit on it?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I liked what they did with Jason when they brought him back. The only problem is they didn't change him at all since then. He's been a whiny douchebag since he came back and it's just annoying. They should have had Nightwing just tell him to shut up and get over it, that they didn't know he was alive, and bam, now you can use him in stuff

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I liked what they did with Jason when they brought him back. The only problem is they didn't change him at all since then. He's been a whiny douchebag since he came back and it's just annoying. They should have had Nightwing just tell him to shut up and get over it, that they didn't know he was alive, and bam, now you can use him in stuff

A whiny douche on a rampant killing spree. I am reminded of some interactions he had with Onyx in some book or another, but I can't remember which title it was...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It was in the Batman title while Winick was 'writing' it.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Did he ever get over being that monster thing that he was in Nightwing? Or does he hold that power in reserve?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll eat my hat if Jason Todd is the new batman.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Did he ever get over being that monster thing that he was in Nightwing? Or does he hold that power in reserve?

Didio said "that never happened"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's for the best.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really wanted to see Jason Todd vs Batman in a "Who can clean up Gotham more?" showdown that they seemed to be building to. Of course, I also wanted to see what Nightwing could make of Bludhaven by controling the mob and keeping the capes out.

Stupid Infinite Crisis.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I actually liked Infinite Crisis and Jason Todd coming back wasn't terrible when he was the Red Hood or whatever. I kind of liked the idea of him competing with the Bat family in fighting crime by killing criminals. But instead of them following up on that, he forgot about getting revenge on the Joker for you know killing him and had some wacky goddamn adventures with people in Countdown where everyone forgot he kind of killed people all the time and he decided to just be a douche instead of violent.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    fray wrote: »

There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    fray wrote: »

There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

Grant Morrison would not be staying on a Jason Todd Batman book

Furu on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If JT becomes Robin, can't someone just whack the EiC? I mean, he's been in charge of a run of decent-to-bad stories his whole time, doesn't he have to go at some point?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dan Didio, the EiC, just had his contract renewed.

Apparently the higher ups love him, despite ever-declining sales, a huge gap in sales between DC and their only real competitor, and most of fandom seemingly disliking what he's done with the line. But sales are higher now than when he took over, which I personally attribute to an increased interest in comics in general due to the proliferation of successful comic book movies, and Marvel's events hitting mainstream news outlets. But it looks like he's doing things right, so he's going to be around for the foreseeable future.

But there's still no fucking way Jason Todd is becoming Robin, so the discussion's moot.

Munch on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sigh... I don't hate hate EVERYTHING he's done, but everything I've hated from DC in the last year or two has been rumored to be something he has done, so...

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dan Didio's run with DC will never be a total loss. The Sinestro War happened under his watch.

Lucascraft on