As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

• faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    gfish wrote: »

If the mix is right, it tastes JUST like grapefruit juice. But yeah, too much gin and it's medicine, too little and it's just OJ.

Mind you, for avoiding hangovers, getting your vitamins in with the booze is paramount!

I'm happy to try new things and pass on my own favourites. Part of the fun!

Yeah, there was a definitely undeniable grapefruit taste to it. Must have just been too much gin (imagine that, mixing a drink to strong who would even do it)

I am lucky in that I don't get hangovers though.

faits on
    faits.png
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    faits wrote: »

Heh. Until my 30th birthday, neither did I. Now I don't get 'em much, but that's because I prep.

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Heh. Until my 30th birthday, neither did I. Now I don't get 'em much, but that's because I prep.

I'm 27, drink like a fish and have never had a hangover in my life. I don't prepare so much as I blame (yes, blame) good genes and...shit, who am I kidding? I just like to drink.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • RawberryRawberry Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For headcount purposes, I will most likely be there with ~4 people. If we can get our friend's wife to agree.

Rawberry on
  • Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    beta_angel wrote: »

I'm 27, drink like a fish and have never had a hangover in my life. I don't prepare so much as I blame (yes, blame) good genes and...shit, who am I kidding? I just like to drink.

28 and hangover immune. Though I do have the occasional impromptu nap.

Dionysos911 on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well then, let's make sure that there are posted hangouts for the other days in the weekend too! :)

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
    edited August 2008
    Well then, let's make sure that there are posted hangouts for the other days in the weekend too! :)

I think that my friends and I will be drinking at my house the rest of the weekend (because it is cheaper)

faits on
    faits.png
  • NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I think that my friends and I will be drinking at my house the rest of the weekend (because it is cheaper)

Do i hear a house party in the works?

Nepo on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I always get those nasty stomach hangovers unless I eat something before I drink.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    New Route
    (X:XX XX - Group A / Group B )
    08:40 PM - Clever Dunne's / The Chapel
    09:20 PM - The Crescent / Linda's
    10:00 PM - Cafe Metropolitan / Barca
    10:40 PM - Dick's --Midpoint. People leave/arrive.
    11:40 PM - Barca / Cafe Metropolitan
    12:20 AM - Linda's / The Crescent
    01:00 AM - Clever Dunne's / The Chapel
    01:50 AM - Crawl ends / Last Call

Unless someone can point out a structural weakness in this route (Like a small, unshielded vent. Even if it's only 2m wide) please speak up now. With this Better|Faster|Stronger route we've eliminated Stumbling Monk (Space restrictions) and Six Arms (Due to being a weat blanket and closing at 1am). The start time has been pushed back as well to better accommodate dinner goers which also pushes the Dick's visit back for those who are staying for the entirety of the dinner.

I will be combing this thread today and compiling the names of those who are going as well as who's going to be late or are still unsure of participation. Also, I finished getting all the materials needed for the scorecards. Let the games begin.

Atlus Parker on
    edited August 2008
    New Route

Unless someone can point out a structural weakness in this route (Like a small, unshielded vent. Even if it's only 2m wide) please speak up now. With this Better|Faster|Stronger route we've eliminated Stumbling Monk (Space restrictions) and Six Arms (Due to being a weat blanket and closing at 1am). The start time has been pushed back as well to better accommodate dinner goers which also pushes the Dick's visit back for those who are staying for the entirety of the dinner.

I will be combing this thread today and compiling the names of those who are going as well as who's going to be late or are still unsure of participation. Also, I finished getting all the materials needed for the scorecards. Let the games begin.

I think you'll be happy with the dropping of the Monk and Six Arms. I was just up on the Hill last night, and Dick's on Broadway was a madhouse around 10:15pm. That went on until closing, so the hour will be necessary, especially if you've got a lot of people.

As for my female companion and I, we'll probably either be at the German bars or Barca, I don't think we're going to do the whole crawl.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I think we should have some sort of food stop attached to this. The only decent 24 hour joint I can think of in the proximity is the Hurricane and thats pushing the definition of "vicinity".

However, post pub crawl I will be drunk as hell and getting something to eat somewhere and anybody who wants to come along is welcome - perhaps thats as official as it needs to be.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    I think we should have some sort of food stop attached to this. The only decent 24 hour joint I can think of in the proximity is the Hurricane and thats pushing the definition of "vicinity".

However, post pub crawl I will be drunk as hell and getting something to eat somewhere and anybody who wants to come along is welcome - perhaps thats as official as it needs to be.

Yeah, "decent" while drunk means pretty much anything. I have many fond memories of just stumbling into 7-11 and getting one of those overwarmed, reheated hotdogs. =D

waffleboi9 on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Dick's is a food stop, they're a burger stand, not a bar, and it's right in the middle

Monoxide on
  • SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm. Pushing everything back, may make it difficult for us with bus schedules. We'll see. It will be cutting it close.

SunshineGrrrl on
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm. Pushing everything back, may make it difficult for us with bus schedules. We'll see. It will be cutting it close.

I don't know how late the buses run but the first half is finished before 11pm.

Atlus Parker on
    edited August 2008
    I just finished the current list of participants. If I missed throw something at me to get added.

Atlus Parker on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    New Route

I think you've got the 1am stop reversed.

freckle on
    edited August 2008
    Also, I'm planning on bringing a group of Suicidegirls type people, so that's me +8 or so.

freckle on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    freckle wrote: »
    Also, I'm planning on bringing a group of Suicidegirls type people, so that's me +8 or so.

Define "Suicidegirls type people". Like actually Suicidegirls or just fans?

redhalo on
  • paviecapavieca Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    New Route

what night is this anyway?

pavieca on
    edited August 2008
    pavieca wrote: »
    New Route

Thursday.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    New Route

Thursday.

damn everythings prepax! i should have gotten an extra day, i wont be in till fri. =(

pavieca on
    edited August 2008
    New Route

Thursday.

damn everythings prepax! i should have gotten an extra day, i wont be in till fri. =(

I'm sure there will still be drinking, just not so organized.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    And probably not as wizardy.

Atlus Parker on
    edited August 2008
    New Route

Thursday.

I'm sure there will still be drinking, just not so organized.

yeah i guess im too used to the disorganized drinkin, wizardly or not. =)

pavieca on
    edited August 2008

Define "Suicidegirls type people". Like actually Suicidegirls or just fans?

Well a mixture a suppose, depends on who ends up coming out. This drinking thing is the same time as Optimus Rhyme and Mc Frontalot at the High Dive, so I'm having a hard time keeping everyone together.

Shouldn't matter for the head count though. Contrary to popular belief SGs have just as many heads as regular people.

freckle on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For those of us coming late (Pre-PAX dinner people), how will we meet up with the group (and which group)? Aside from going bar-to-bar looking for a gaggle of wizards, will there be an easy way to find you all? Twitter?

PS: heheheh, "gaggle"

MetaverseNomad on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    btw, you have me down as squib.

didnt say I wouldn't drink at all, it would be cool to try some good drinks, I've never found any that taste good to me, I just refuse to drink too much or drink into a stupor.

but if I find something that tastes well i make try one or two at most.

So, not so much squib, more first year student.

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008
    For those of us coming late (Pre-PAX dinner people), how will we meet up with the group (and which group)? Aside from going bar-to-bar looking for a gaggle of wizards, will there be an easy way to find you all? Twitter?

PS: heheheh, "gaggle"

I recently made a twitter account, and I have a feeling that I'll do some drunken blow-by-blow of the crawl (i.e. where we are, who puked on my shoes, etc etc)

I'm also willing to give my phone number to any late-comers who don't want to get lost in the shuffle (but I don't really want to POST it)

edit: durr, twitter account same as here (faits)

faits on
    faits.png
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Atlus said he'd be sticking pretty close to the schedule, so check that when you're ready to join the group and see where it SHOULD be, and work from there.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Awww I'm not on the list :( and I confirmed on page 1 even!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My brother and I will be there after the dinner. I shall have him compete as my proxy in the challenges since he can drink more than twice as much as me. :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited August 2008
    Well, my female companion and I have decided we will hang out at Barca from about 9 - 12...maybe shorter, maybe longer. We'll hold 1 booth, which will seat a few people...We'll either make a sign that says something akin "Dumbledore was an Alcoholic!" or "Tri-Wizard Drinking Team" or we'll have a wizard's hat on the table. We won't be hard to find, we'll sit relatively close to the front of the bar, near the door. We'll have some form of something to let you know it's us.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited August 2008
    As we near 70 possible participants in the bar crawl I'm going to write up some guidelines for the bar crawl to try to bring some order to this chaos. Things like Don't Be a Dick, Leave No Wizard Behind, and Know Your Limit will be important as a lot of us will be drinking with strangers in a strange town.

Also, for those of you that will be coming late to the crawl please try to time your arrival during the Dick's stop. This way we can keep an accurate headcount and split off into groups as needed as well as facilitate the handing out of scorecards. This isn't set in stone but will make the lives of the referees easier if you plan on pursuing the elusive stars.

Atlus Parker on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I guess I should officially voice my intent to participate in this drunken gathering of like minded peoples. So I will.

I'm in, but only for the second half.

The Deliverator on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'm in...for the first half at least (or whichever part of the first half exists after the pre-pax dinner)

tr0tsky on
  • ReisaroniReisaroni Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gravy Robber and I are planning on joining!

Reisaroni on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm getting to the airport at 9:30, depending how how long it takes me to get to the hotel I may try to jump in for the second half as well.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • endlesswaltzendlesswaltz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    edit:

My bf and I will be joining from the beginning. (Not sure till when we're staying but definitely till halfway at the least!)

endlesswaltz on
This discussion has been closed.