As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shameless fanism

AaronAaron Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Artist's Corner
I had intended to send this to the boys but I'm not sure where to send it. So I'll post it here, which is somehow sending it to them, by proxy.

fruitfuckerfinalmaybebm4.jpg

E-EDIT: Image shack for the winz0r!

Aaron on

• beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'm really confused
    if you meant to post an image, it's not showing up.

beavotron on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    also you can email it to gabe and tycho

they dont read the forums

Projeck on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    They don't really look at the forums. Also, we have rules about posting your own art. Is this your own art?

Grifter on
  • AaronAaron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I don't know. I went through my profile and it still says I can't post attachments, the tutorial says you can post images straight from your hardrive but it's not giving me the option so I don't know what the crap is going on.

Aaron on
  • quid squidquid squid Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aaron wrote: »
    Yeah I don't know. I went through my profile and it still says I can't post attachments, the tutorial says you can post images straight from your hardrive but it's not giving me the option so I don't know what the crap is going on.

you have to upload them to a service like photobucket or flickr or whatever then you can post them. you can't just post them from your hardrive to the forum.

quid squid on
  • ImDrawingABlankImDrawingABlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ooh, nice picture :^::^:

Cool style, I got no critiques other than to say I like it

ImDrawingABlank on
    lastfmml0.jpg
    edited August 2008
    High-five to Mars Elliot for fixing the image issue. Thanks.

Aaron on
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i remember when i was in third or fourth grade, i read these books witch were a collection of horror storries. now, the stories werent scary themselves, but the paintings that accompanied each one give me nightmares to this day. If you know what Im talking about then you can probably tell were I'm trying to deduce your influence from, in which case I give you both props and curses on your style.

*shudder

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • EdmanEdman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mynokos: I know exactly which ones you are talking about. They were called "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." Something about the illustrations still gives me the willies.

Damn, I need to stop editing so much: Stephen Gammell is the illustrator's name. Google image that stuff. Still creepy as hell.

Edman on
    edited August 2008
    His stuff was all pen and ink drawings; they were totally rad.

Aaron on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mynokos: I know exactly which ones you are talking about. They were called "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." Something about the illustrations still gives me the willies.

Damn, I need to stop editing so much: Stephen Gammell is the illustrator's name. Google image that stuff. Still creepy as hell.

I still remember the story where the girl takes off her scarf thingy around her neck (at least I think that's the same book) D:

Really creepy FF aaron I like it.

Prospicience on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    :/

Man. I mean those stories. Are old. And still creepy. I have no idea why our 3rd grade teacher thought it was peachy keen to read them to us. Idiot. Seriously had nightmares.

Like the one where these two friends who play baseball, and one friend dies, and says "I got good news and bad news. . .the good news is that there is baseball in heaven. . .the bad news is that you're starting next week".

Or about the half-woman, half-crocodile.

:(

As for the image, can't see it. Has the word "fuck" in it, which automatically gets Websensed.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Stephen Gammell is the artist's name. Prep yourself before the google image search.

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    Is this your own art?
    I'm still curious about this.

bombardier on
  • devicesdevices Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mykonos wrote: »
    Stephen Gammell is the artist's name. Prep yourself before the google image search.

makes you wonder what things look like inside this dude's imagination

devices on
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, it's mine.

Aaron on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I read "shameless fascism" and I was all ready to come in here with my guitar blazing.

I like the creepiness of the art though.

Tam on
    edited August 2008
    Ha ha. Yeah that would have been rad. Although I don't think a forum for art is the greatest venue to discuss fascism.

Unless it was a painting of fascists.

Aaron on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My only crit is that I don't know what's going on with the guys down by the tree, and I'm not sure how or why a person would sit against a tree like that unless there's something protruding for him to do that on.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I still remember the story where the girl takes off her scarf thingy around her neck (at least I think that's the same book) D:

Really creepy FF aaron I like it.

You're referring to The Green Scarf story Prosp. In my elementary school library that was one of the most popular books to check out.

What a trippy style. It reminds me of a buddy of mine's (who's on another forum) work. Very surreal stuff going on there.

Godfather on
    edited August 2008
    He's on a tire swing. I had to put him there so that he was close enough to Mike to give the impression that he was pushing him. If I shifted the two to the left the swing was unrealistically close to the edge of the tree branches and Mike was completely in shadow. When I made the shadow of the tree lighter, it belied the intense light source.

Aaron on