As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

100 pages of fallout goodness, needs new home!

• Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's Fallout 2, though.

I only have the first.

Gorilla Salad on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I dunno I downloaded a few mods off NMA and the game seems to crash more now, did I mix the wrong mods or something? Had 1.2 official, FO2Patch103b and unofficialFO2patch.

SkutSkut on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I only have the first.

yeah i think he meant to link to this, [URL="ttp://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1075"]the 1.3 patch[/URL]

also Child patch for uk versions Engine tweaks such as mouse wheel scroll speed ect ect and the resolution patch

these are the mods im using aswell as the npc upgrade mod, haven't had a crash yet, in fact im quite surprised on how easy fo1 was to install and run on xp considering its age, haven't had a problem yet, but ive heard others have which is very weird.

Deaderinred on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Possibly dumb question. In Fallout 1, is there a way to manually pick how many caps I want to pay? Right now, I have to select the pile of caps that I have, move it to the barter window, then manually click the "+" button many...many times. It's.....annoying to say the least.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heir wrote: »
    Possibly dumb question. In Fallout 1, is there a way to manually pick how many caps I want to pay? Right now, I have to select the pile of caps that I have, move it to the barter window, then manually click the "+" button many...many times. It's.....annoying to say the least.

Use your number keys when you see that number +/- bar.

freakish light on
    edited August 2008

but.. that is manually picking how many caps you want to pay..

Deaderinred on
    edited August 2008

but.. that is manually picking how many caps you want to pay..
    I think he means a less annoying way.

I think you can type it in. Not sure. Still at the "kill rats and OH SHIT RADSCORPION FUCK!" stage.

Gorilla Salad on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, just type the number you want (eg 300). The only bad thing about FO1 is that the bar only goes to three places, so the most you can put in at once is 999. Well, unless you fill a container (like a bag) with as many caps as you want and then just trade that.

freakish light on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, just type the number you want (eg 300). The only bad thing about FO1 is that the bar only goes to three places, so the most you can put in at once is 999. Well, unless you fill a container (like a bag) with as many caps as you want and then just trade that.

It's quite surprising how many people don't realise you can just type the number in until the end-ish part of the game.

Daxon on
  • MazrimMazrim Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What's with the oldenday style theme with Fallout when it's set in the future?

Mazrim on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mazrim wrote: »

It's set in the future but it assumes there's been a nuclear war in the past, and society didn't have much time to evolve beyond for survival purposes.

Djiem on
    edited August 2008

You know what the cold war is and when it first started right? Pretend it went hot during that time of Americana and we evolved from that point forward in a nuclear wasteland.

SkutSkut on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I had a dream last night that Fallout 3 was isometric.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I had a dream last night that Fallout 3 was isometric.

I had a dream that Fallout 3 was out.

Djiem on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I only have the first.

yeah i think he meant to link to this, [URL="ttp://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1075"]the 1.3 patch[/URL]

also Child patch for uk versions Engine tweaks such as mouse wheel scroll speed ect ect and the resolution patch

these are the mods im using aswell as the npc upgrade mod, haven't had a crash yet, in fact im quite surprised on how easy fo1 was to install and run on xp considering its age, haven't had a problem yet, but ive heard others have which is very weird.

Just out of curiousity Deader, what order did you apply those? I'm going to have to reinstall becasue when I got to Shady Sands Ian wouldn't talk to me.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »

You know what the cold war is and when it first started right? Pretend it went hot during that time of Americana and we evolved from that point forward in a nuclear wasteland.

Djiem wrote: »

It's set in the future but it assumes there's been a nuclear war in the past, and society didn't have much time to evolve beyond for survival purposes.

no no no, why does everyone think that? the nuclear war started in 2077, its just they never got out of the 50's style of thinking, there was no cold war super shit or nuclear war in the 1950's

Deaderinred on
    edited August 2008

no no no, why does everyone think that? the nuclear war started in 2077, its just they never got out of the 50's style of thinking, there was no cold war super shit or nuclear war in the 1950's

Oh, well I dunno, I like the "50s cold war went hot" one better. :P

SkutSkut on
  • Desert_Eagle25Desert_Eagle25 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Seriously. If you dont get, then you dont get. It's the appeal of the Fallout universe. Theres a term for it, but I'll explain it. Combining two worls to create an awesome outcome. Think Firefly -> futuristic sci-fi + a cowboy western theme = pure sex.

Desert_Eagle25 on
    edited August 2008
    Just out of curiousity Deader, what order did you apply those? I'm going to have to reinstall becasue when I got to Shady Sands Ian wouldn't talk to me.

if i recall.. it was the 1.3 patch (after the 1.2 official patch) and then the child patch and then npc mod and then engine tweaks and lastly the res mod, i keep uninstalling and reinstall the res mod while fiddling around with the config files in the engine tweaks since it has its own scaler and can render the game in dx9 with all kinds of 2xsall mame type options, but runs kinda crappy, the res mod so far as been the best.

Deaderinred on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Thats not really true actually. The war went Nuclear in 2077. It does change some things that happened in the past though. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Neaden on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    While it's somewhat on topic:

I bought the Fallout / Fallout2 / Tactics collector's box a year or so ago and I'm finally getting around to playing FO2. I'm in the Den and have crash-on-zone. I don't really want NMA's expansion - at least not until I've finished the vanilla game. Is there a good place to find a patch for this?

fadingathedges on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    As far as I know any patches you use on FO will automatically result in previous saves being inaccessible to play so you'll have to start a new game.

Playing it "vanilla" just cause is kinda stupid really. The patches mostly fix bugs and bad coding so crashing is removed or at least becomes less frequent.

Daxon on
  • Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    After seeing discussion of Fallout 3, or what passes as discussion, on several other sites (including "social media" or whatever you call them sites), I've got to say this: Thank you, Penny Arcade. Thank you.

Shoegaze99 on
    edited August 2008
    Dongzzzz

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So did you dudes see this yet? http://www.cng4u.com/2008/08/16/fallout-3-scans/

I dunno, you may have, I'm not really keeping up with Fallout 3 news but I saw this on reddit and decided to be a good citizen.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, hey, dialogue screenshots. This is new.

Galielmus on
    edited August 2008
    Hey

Are you supposed to get your pre-order goodie when you pre-order?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited August 2008
    Hey

If you are a good pure American you can get a wrongly coloured nuka cola bottle opener/magnet, however if like me, you are pure scum who lives else where, then you get fuck all.

Deaderinred on
    edited August 2008
    I went with Gamespot. For the poster and CD.

Gorilla Salad on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you are a good pure American you can get a wrongly coloured nuka cola bottle opener/magnet, however if like me, you are pure scum who lives else where, then you get fuck all.

Just tell them you are America at the counter.

fadingathedges on
    edited August 2008
    Hey

If you get it at gamestop you're supposed to get a "copy case" sound track sample and poster.

SkutSkut on
    edited August 2008
    Hey

If you get it at gamestop you're supposed to get a "copy case" sound track sample and poster.
    I know that. Just, when you pre-order or when you pick up the game?

I'm being dense again, aren't I?

Gorilla Salad on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey

I know that. Just, when you pre-order or when you pick up the game?

I'm being dense again, aren't I?

My GS gave it to me when I preordered.

Renzo on
    edited August 2008
    Ah, cool.

Have to go back there again.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited August 2008

Just tell them you are America at the counter.

i cant, i tried to tell amazon.com i was an american living in the uk so they would sell me that awesome survival edition because goddamn i want that clock, but the fuckers saw through my ruse, so im left with no choice other then the normal collectors edition, but hey least theres the bobblehead.

Deaderinred on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    God dammit - this would be coming out during a time when I have no 360... fuckers. I've only been waiting for this for 10 years.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fallingman wrote: »
    God dammit - this would be coming out during a time when I have no 360... fuckers. I've only been waiting for this for 10 years.
    It's also coming out on PC - does that help?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mouse and keyboard!

Mouse and keyboard!

Mouse and keyboard!

Mouse and keyboard!

Mouse and keyboard!

Mouse and keyboard!

...plus mods.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Had some issues with FO1 last night - after I got Tandi back the game would crash if I stayed in Shady Sands for more than about a minute. As soon as I tried to leave town the game would dump to desktop. I ended up having to rush into town, get my reward from Aradesh and run the hell back out as quickly as possible. I'm back in Vault 13 now just hoping that the bug was exclusive to Shady Sands, otherwise I'm going to have reinstall, I guess. I'll only be out a couple hours, but damn.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    See, people keep saying that mods are coming, but do we have any evidence that a game editor is going to be released with FO3?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png