As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 Hookah

• RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so PLEASE dont bring any illicit drugs kids, drugs are bad mmmkay.

Romulas on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Quoting myself for page 4 because god sake
    leaf wrote: »
    We are not going to be outside getting high. Please stop any/all talk of illicit drugs, those are not something to bring to pax, nor get us/pax involved with. Also not something we want our thread getting dragged though/derailed. Don't do it, or atleast don't advertise in our thread for god sake.

Seriously, we are just a couple guys that like smoking our tobacco (which is soaked in flavoured molasses) through water cooled pipes. We don't want any problems or incidents, we just want to go outside and relax while smoking something that tastes like candy, as opposed to a regular cigarette.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »
    Avid wrote: »
    I was hoping this thread was about another kind of smokable substance. Which I can help anyone out-of-towners with.
    You wanna do that on your own time in your apartment/house whatever with PAX'ers then more power to ya... but don't do it around the convention center, including freeway park. The people using freeway park legitely won't like the hassle & we dont need the convention center folks gettin pissed at us

?? if it's legal, then who cares?
    It's... not legal. He was talking about weed one would assume... which is what I was talking about.

I don't care if you guys smoke tobacco from a hookah... just dont bring illegal drugs to the convention center or any areas associated with PAX. That's not a comment directed at your "normal everyday smokers"... it's directed at everyone.

As info, I did not say that. May want to fix your quote tree.

redhalo on
  • NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can we PLEASE reiterate the same thing over and over again? : sarcasm:

Nepo on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Quoting myself for page 4 because god sake
    We are not going to be outside getting high. Please stop any/all talk of illicit drugs, those are not something to bring to pax, nor get us/pax involved with. Also not something we want our thread getting dragged though/derailed. Don't do it, or atleast don't advertise in our thread for god sake.

Seriously, we are just a couple guys that like smoking our tobacco (which is soaked in flavoured molasses) through water cooled pipes. We don't want any problems or incidents, we just want to go outside and relax while smoking something that tastes like candy, as opposed to a regular cigarette.
    fuck that, now i REALLY wanna get high at pax. anybody wanna go in on a 1/4? :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I'm just saying. Joking or not (it isn't clear that this is in jest), this is the kind of thing I don't want on the forums or at PAX. Seriously. I have no problem with adults smoking legal whatever through whatever they want. But this isn't helping the cause.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • RogueTakahashiRogueTakahashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heh, i would like to try mind some :) (never have before >_>)

RogueTakahashi on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Arco wrote: »

I'm just saying. Joking or not (it isn't clear that this is in jest), this is the kind of thing I don't want on the forums or at PAX. Seriously. I have no problem with adults smoking legal whatever through whatever they want. But this isn't helping the cause.
    can someone just delete these peoples' posts? they're pretty much just trolling at this point.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

can someone just delete these peoples' posts? they're pretty much just trolling at this point.

Him or you? Of course there's going to be confusion when several people run in here asking to smoke pot. The best action is to just not talk about illegal drugs and stick to the real topic at hand.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Him or you? Of course there's going to be confusion when several people run in here asking to smoke pot. The best action is to just not talk about illegal drugs and stick to the real topic at hand.
    that's what we were trying to do until people keep coming in and bringing it up.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, people need to stop shitting on this thread, seriously.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JuliaxeJuliaxe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    [edit]

Decided not to say anything, after all.

Juliaxe on
    Shalom sandwich, shalom hunger.
    edited August 2008
    Ok so i figure the way we should do this is, on friday/saturday night just check out freeway park every once in a while, if you see me and leaf smoking the hookas, just feel free to set up, or just smoke! and if we keep it clean and cool, we can make this a part of our PAX experience! w00t!

Romulas on
  • RogueTakahashiRogueTakahashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    also for people who do not know, your thinking hahesh, not seisha (spelling on both?) being the ill-legit substance

so when is this gonna happen?? would not minding trying some new tobacco :D

RogueTakahashi on
    edited August 2008
    also for people who do not know, your thinking hahesh, not seisha (spelling on both?) being the ill-legit substance

so when is this gonna happen?? would not minding trying some new tobacco :D

sounds like it's going to be pretty spontaneous. i'll be in the byoc a bit, though, maybe i'll meet you guys in there.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Nerdy GeoffNerdy Geoff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why do you guys keep calling the Tobacco Shisha?
    Shisha is the actuall name of the Hookah in Egypt and other persian gulf countries... not the Tobacco.
    Other names are of course Hookah which is from India and Nargila (silent N) from most arab countries and eastern european countries.

What I think you guys are doing is seeing the name as "Shisha Tobacco" and thinking that its called Shisha, when its just pretty much saying its Hookah Tobacco.

The acctuall names for the Tobacco is Ma'sal which is pretty much arabic for "honeyed" or Tobamel which is a generic word for the stuff you smoke from hookahs wethere containing Tobacco or not

glad to help you guys out on this and not use the wrong wordings ^_^.

Nerdy Geoff on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've always heard the tobacco referred to as Shisha. IMO it has adopted that name in America so people will differentiate hookah tobacco from, say, pipe or cigarette tobacco. Not like it's a crime against language or anything...

Slightly related tangent: Look at French Canada. In Canada, (I forget the french words) one word is the equivalent to 'condom' and another to 'lollipop'. If you go to France, they swap. Never go into a candy store asking for condoms. :P True story.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited August 2008
    Well I gave two words that are reserved for Hookah tobacco.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    Well I gave two words that are reserved for Hookah tobacco.

if you bring a hookah, please smoke it as far from me as possible, you already annoy me and ive never even met you.

Romulas on
    edited August 2008
    I annoy you because I simply showed two "correct" words to use....
    thats like calling tires that are made for only cars by using the term Automobile....
    my apologies that you are the way you are.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    I annoy you because I simply showed two "correct" words to use....
    thats like calling tires that are made for only cars by using the term Automobile....
    my apologies that you are the way you are.

Yeah, dont smoke around me either.

Go to your local smoke shop and ask for shisha or nargila and you'll get what were smoking.

If you ask for what you said they'll look at you funny.

Shisha (nargila, flavored tobacco) is shredded tobacco, dipped in flavored molasses with bits of fruit (sometimes). Its a legal substance with no chemical effects (within the context of drugs such as THC or hallucinogens)

"Hashish (from Arabic: حشيش ', lit. "grass"; also hash''') is a preparation of cannabis composed of the compressed trichomes collected from the cannabis plant. It contains the same active ingredients but in higher concentrations than other parts of the plant such as the buds or the leaves" ~ Wikipedia

Nepo on
    edited August 2008
    so ANYWAY lets let this be a fun thing mmkay

Romulas on
    edited August 2008
    What im bringing.

1 - 13" hookah. One hose with carb
    1 - Box of square (Japanese) coals. This means i have enough coals for roughly 32 bowls
    2 - Tubs of Shisha. Flavors: Vanilla and Orange
    1 - Roll of regular foil
    1 - Knife
    1 - tongs
    x - A hand full of paper towels
    1 or 2 - liters of bottled water
    1 - propane torch
    2 - lighters
    1 - good attitude :D

Moe, you gonna make it out?

Nepo on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You can probably skip the water unless the body of your hookah is funky shaped or tall. 32? Haha man, I picked up a pack of large circle coals and one pack is going to be moooorrreeee than enough. Better safe than sorry though, finding some of that stuff in seattle is kind of hard, atleast a few years ago.

And I'm still trying to find watermelon flavour.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Nepo wrote: »
    Shisha (nargila, flavored tobacco) is shredded tobacco, dipped in flavored molasses with bits of fruit (sometimes). Its a legal substance with no chemical effects (within the context of drugs such as THC or hallucinogens)

no Shisha is not the Tobacco... it may be what you americans call it. but thats not what it is..
    Its sad that not only do you yanks have to butcher the language you call your own, but then you have to take other languages and just take any word you want and put any definition you want with it.
    silly.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    How about you not be a dick and stop shitting up this thread?

also, i'll do whatever the fuck I want to the language

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i mean the least you could do is use some common courtesy and spray some febreeze or something after you're done...

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    also, i'll do whatever the fuck I want to the language

Thats exactly why the american education system is mocked by pretty much the entire world.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    Why do you guys keep calling the Tobacco Shisha?
    Shisha is the actuall name of the Hookah in Egypt and other persian gulf countries... not the Tobacco.
    Other names are of course Hookah which is from India and Nargila (silent N) from most arab countries and eastern european countries.

What I think you guys are doing is seeing the name as "Shisha Tobacco" and thinking that its called Shisha, when its just pretty much saying its Hookah Tobacco.

The acctuall names for the Tobacco is Ma'sal which is pretty much arabic for "honeyed" or Tobamel which is a generic word for the stuff you smoke from hookahs wethere containing Tobacco or not

glad to help you guys out on this and not use the wrong wordings ^_^.

sources: wikipedia.org
    edited for non-plaguarism. :D
    lol, i don't know much about this, i normally just smoke ciggies. i'm with liger, though, i think it's just been adopted as the common term here, so i'll continue calling it shisha :P
    it may be what you americans call it. but thats not what it is..
    Its sad that not only do you yanks have to butcher the language you call your own, but then you have to take other languages and just take any word you want and put any definition you want with it.
    silly.

and now you're just being a douchebag. if you have the balls to come to pax, don't put your name on your badge, for your own safety, asshole.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2008
    since this happens in just about every post....

a link to a comic of course!

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • iFoldiFold Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In Nerdy Geoff's illustrious (and potentially short) career posting on these fine boards, take a guess where all 5 of his posts have been... :|

iFold on
    edited August 2008

and now you're just being a douchebag. if you have the balls to come to pax, don't put your name on your badge, for your own safety, asshole.

Am I supposed to be scared? what are you going to do? beat up my wow character?
    Belittle me with your scary words?

el oh el.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    Skinnay wrote: »

i can never think of the right comic for the occasion, damnit!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2008

Am I supposed to be scared? what are you going to do? beat up my wow character?
    Belittle me with your scary words?

el oh el.

nah, your wow character will be fine. level 5, it shall remain.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2008
    Skinnay wrote: »

i can never think of the right comic for the occasion, damnit!

yeah sometimes it's just too easy to think of the right one... like this... but then the hard part is finding it lol

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
    edited August 2008

nah, your wow character will be fine. level 5, it shall remain.

So thats what you offer up?.....really!?

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    lets just keep this about the hookah mkay, lets not light the fire for this jack Thompson wannabe.

Romulas on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

Really Moe? Really? I'm pretty sure it was others that got shitty with him first, and let us not ignore dyaballikl's internet tough guy act.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited August 2008

Really Moe? Really? I'm pretty sure it was others that got shitty with him first, and let us not ignore dyaballikl's internet tough guy act.

Ahh a someone with a sane mind. I entered this thread with no intention to be a dousche about things, But I am one for a fair round of trolling. you may continue your forum.

Nerdy Geoff on
    edited August 2008
    The next person who says a single negative thing in this thread is eating an infraction. I don't care who started it, it's finished now. I'm sick of all the bullshit going on in here.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.