As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ITT: We post pet pictures! [NSF56k]

• PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Ha, that's really cute.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ferrets are the best at getting into ridiculous places, and then not being able to get out.

One time I was coming back from school for christmas break and I only had one ferret at the time. I figured it would be ok if I let him out in the car with me while I was driving (it was a camaro, but it wasn't stick so I figured it would be fine). Everything is fine for the first 30 mins or so, then I stop hearing him move around. I pulled over to the side of the road, and I hear him scratching around behind the plastic paneling in the back. It turns out that he found a tiny opening where my new speakers were installed, and got in but couldn't get out. I had to unscrew the speaker, and then take the speaker out in order to reach him.

Wise_a on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    zomggun001dl0.jpg

bigcat is big

his name is benzene

he has no concept of his own size and constantly jumps onto things that are far too small for him, at which point he will fall off and just go collapse somewhere

and be big

Oboro on
    words
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been keeping Piranhas for a couple years now. Got them when they were just little guys:

f54c2ae4.jpg

But they grew like wicked fast:

2 months old:

f4e8bfb2.jpg

5 months old:

f392c137.jpg

Then their growth slowed. Here's them a few weeks ago:

eb722ea5.jpg

eb7225d2.jpg

I've been considering switching my aquarium over to a community tank as it's only 55 gallons, so it's a bit small for piranhas, but I have no idea what to do with them. I can't add them to an existing shoal as they'll be killed. :/ I'm hoping a pet store will tank them and sell them either individually or as the pair.

Oh, and originally there were three of them but the two dominant ones went all Jeffrey Dahmer on the weaker one.

Nova_C on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wise_a wrote:
    2586337330066491853ySUWKs_th.jpg

Long ferret is long!! I couldn't believe it. Classic shit. She found an unused wrapping paper roll and got in, but couldn't get out. She was spinning around in circles and banging into things. I ended up having to cut the tube to get her out.

Ahahaha, jeez. Poor ferret. Still, that's worth a few laughs.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2007
    Wise_a wrote:
    2586337330066491853ySUWKs_th.jpg

Long ferret is long!! I couldn't believe it. Classic shit. She found an unused wrapping paper roll and got in, but couldn't get out. She was spinning around in circles and banging into things. I ended up having to cut the tube to get her out.

Ahahaha, jeez. Poor ferret. Still, that's worth a few laughs.

If I was any good at image manipulation, this would be a great picture to mess around with.

Wise_a on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    God, I love ferrets. Such little weasel bad asss.

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    God, I love ferrets. Such little weasel bad asss.

I have three of them right now - I'm ferret-sitting for a friend who is still in college who's on winter break. His parents wouldn't let him bring it home. Its the slowest, laziest animal I've ever met. It can't even be bothered to go all the way to the bottom of the cage to poop like the other ferrets; it just flops out of its hammock, goes whereever it lands, then goes back to sleep.

Also, the thing is like double the size of mine. I have two females, and the one that came in is a younger male. My two ferrets are used to running around and basically doing whatever they want in my room, and they both beat the other ferret up for about a week before they accepted him. They dragged him around by his neck, it was pretty classic.

Wise_a on
    edited January 2007
    This is them doing other crazy things:

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Wise_a on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm still not seeing HOW one of them could have fit inside the tube like that. Respect euclidian geometry ferrets!

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2007
    It was the little one on the top that got stuck.

She can flatten her body and fit just about anywhere. The problem occurs when she gets stuck and she gets all worked up - she puffs herself up, which just makes the situation worse.

They're awesome pets - I get a wakeup call from the middle ferret every day at 6:55, which is incidentally 5 minutes before I get up for work. So I sit up in a mostly-asleep haze and scratch his back and ears for 5 minutes. Its a pretty sweet way to wake up.

Wise_a on
  • Insufficient PostageInsufficient Postage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    359663955_58077109f3.jpg

Needs no further explanation

Insufficient Postage on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh man, Ferrets fucking rule!

I so want one, but my current apartment isn't ready for ferrets at ALL. Plus I have two cats, so I don't really want to get something that means I pay even less attention to the kitties.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • ScrivenerScrivener Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [pic]Neverendingdog[/pic]

Is your dog named Falkor?

Scrivener on
    bmg_sig-1.png
    edited January 2007
    Callius wrote:

I so want one, but my current apartment isn't ready for ferrets at ALL. Plus I have two cats, so I don't really want to get something that means I pay even less attention to the kitties.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I mean you gotta make sure there are no small places for them to get into, but other than that its not a big deal. Also, make sure there is nothing for them to eat that they shouldn't on the ground (chocolate, medicine, etc.) My ferrets don't bite wires, except for once when one was young. You can get this bitter apple stuff that you spray on where you don't want them to bite and they wont go near it.

Plus, I bet ferrets and cats could get along really well. I've been wanting to get a cat for a while now.

Wise_a on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wise_a wrote:
    Callius wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I mean you gotta make sure there are no small places for them to get into, but other than that its not a big deal. Also, make sure there is nothing for them to eat that they shouldn't on the ground (chocolate, medicine, etc.) My ferrets don't bite wires, except for once when one was young. You can get this bitter apple stuff that you spray on where you don't want them to bite and they wont go near it.

Plus, I bet ferrets and cats could get along really well. I've been wanting to get a cat for a while now.

There are holes in my apartment where the pipes enter from the basement. Big enough for a ferret to get through. I have a shitty apartment.

My elder kitty would hate a ferret. She's still testy over the kitten we got in august.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited January 2007
    Callius wrote:
    Wise_a wrote:
    Callius wrote:

There are holes in my apartment where the pipes enter from the basement. Big enough for a ferret to get through. I have a shitty apartment.

My elder kitty would hate a ferret. She's still testy over the kitten we got in august.

Yeah, you're right. They would probably get in those pipes.

The place I'm in now is kinda small, but I'm looking to buy a house pretty soon. Once I do that, I'm gonna get a puppy and then condition it to get along with the ferrets for its whole life. I think they'll do fine together once the puppy realizes that the two ferrets are the rulers.

Introducing the ferrets to an older cat might not be so hot.

Wise_a on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    359663955_58077109f3.jpg

I just showed this to a friend of mine and he said 'wtf is wrong with you, why would you show me that? It looks like that dog is being hurt!'

I may need to hide another body.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hey, bej, quit hanging out with faggots and retards.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited January 2007
    hey, bej, quit hanging out with faggots and retards.
    God, no kidding.

I told him that the dog is quite clearly just shaking his head and that he is a retard and a faggot.

He told me to can the 'hollier than thou' attitude

Do I correct his spelling? Yes/No

babyeatingjesus on
    edited January 2007
    not unless you were talking about a common evergreen tree

holly2.gif

Wise_a on
    edited January 2007
    should I use that picture when I correct him?

babyeatingjesus on
    edited January 2007
    should I use that picture when I correct him?

Only if it helps.

Wise_a on
    edited January 2007
    yeah, i've come to the conclusion that more than a few of my friends are retarded.

Dead Legend on
    edited January 2007
    Snip

I just showed this to a friend of mine and he said 'wtf is wrong with you, why would you show me that? It looks like that dog is being hurt!'

I may need to hide another body.

Actually, the dog is laying on it's side, and the picture has been rotated. That's why he looks so weird. Notice the Leather Couch arm underneath his head?

Insufficient Postage on
    edited January 2007
    that dog is so cute

Dead Legend on
    edited January 2007
    that dog is so cute

Thank you muchly.

Insufficient Postage on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    366431434_08fce43855.jpg

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    czar.jpg

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    did you put on make up to take that picture?

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
    edited January 2007
    I'll have you know I sometimes like to put on a little blush

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I did.

Abracadaniel on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yep, I spent three hours on it. God I hope I look all right for the internet's imminent judgment.

p.s. My turtle is also wearing mascara.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    czar.jpg

I had a turtle like that once.

It got sick and died.

:cry:

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Redeemer wrote:
    366431434_08fce43855.jpg
    <3<3<3

Maybe with a nice orange sauce would bring out the full flavor.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited January 2007
    I'M SMILING BECAUSE I'M GOING TO EAT HIM FOR DINNER

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Also I think a lemon sauce would go better with dog meat

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • WidepathWidepath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    A friend of my brother had a ferret that was also good at getting into strange places.
    One day it got up into his reclining char.
    Well, the guy sits down and, well...lets just say the mechanism on the inside of one of those chars is much less comfortable than the outside.

Widepath on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Widepath wrote:
    A friend of my brother had a ferret that was also good at getting into strange places.
    One day it got up into his reclining char.
    Well, the guy sits down and, well...lets just say the mechanism on the inside of one of those chars is much less comfortable than the outside.

D:

Scrumtrulescent on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    IMG_0816.jpg

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam