As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2008 Hookah

124»

• Options
    NepoNepo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe is it still illegal to stab dumb people? nothing negative... just a question.

Oh snap! http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=3

Nepo on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    stabbing is negative

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    damn, i would have though stabbing to be like saying hello

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ...at lease a public service. You know... pro bono work.

Nepo on
  • Options
    SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Romulas wrote: »
    damn, i would have though stabbing to be like saying hello

well it really all depends on location... in a place like seattle not so much... a place more like detroit would be a greeting

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Speaking of stabbing & freeway park... it's best not to be out there late at night... i think they actually close the park don't they? It's not designed for safety at night... lots of little nooks & crannies for the crazies/muggers to hide in and the homeless to hang out in.

Most our homeless aren't Stabbin Hobos from what I've seen they're mostly Singin Hobos... singin their hobo song:
    "Nothin beats, the hobo life,
    stabbin people with my hobo knife!"

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    haha. Not like this?
    1514.jpg

Maybe i should bring a cattle prod.. just mix it up a notch.

So the park might be closed? There isnt a little bench place next to the convention center 25 feet or more away from an entrance?

Nepo on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes there is, don't freak out. I'm guessing you haven't been to pax before, or you don't smoke, otherwise you'd know where 'smokers area' is just right outside the doors, not way out in the middle of the park. There's security guards at the doors the ENTIRE time at night, since the doors are locked from the inside. And since pax stays open until 3am, they need to be there to let people with badges back in.

And maybe it's just me, but there's really not many people out there to be afraid of, although the 'new' venue area isn't quite as upper-class as the maydenbauer.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    yeah im not worried at ALL, if you haven't been before trust us its plenty safe

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    feel free to PM me for my msn address btw!

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mr%20Bump.jpg

Nepo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    heh... amusing.

Romulas on
  • Options
    R4z0rR4z0r Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So what time will the hookah be happening? I have a small hookah and a bunch of Shish i could bring. I would love to participate as I've only owned my hookah for one year and love doing these kind of hookah related things.

Also just to clear some things up, enforcing marjiauna laws in washington was voted to be made the police's lowest priority. I'm not encouraging anyone to partake but we are the home of Hempfest. I don't suggest buying or selling it or waving it around in public but, ya know......

I will have some "GREEN" apple.....

R4z0r on
  • Options
    R4z0rR4z0r Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, the rain this weekend might but a hamper on this :(

I live here and I'm no stranger to the rain but it makes smoking hookah in a park unenjoyable.

R4z0r on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Umbrella + waterproof snowboard jacket = Whatever.

Could care less about the rain. Drop down a hoody to sit on, hold an umbrella in one hand, hose in the other.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Once again. Please refrain from any talk (in these rooms) about the use of illicit drugs.

I will be out there if its raining. But im sure theres cover :D

Nepo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well, i have a kinda funny story, so please dont rip on me too hard... so i live near seattle at this time, and im moving to bellingham. weeeelll i brought my hookah to my m8s house in bellingham and long story short... its still there. SO. i may not be able to bring it.... GAH! but if that the case ill bring stuff for hookah and for water-proofing. im hoping that leaf will be driving through that way from canada.

edit: never mind, my m8 drove 2 1/2
    hours to bring it back... kick ass

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was bringing mine so it would have been cool :)

Nepo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    yeah but im glad ill have mine woulda been weird if the dude who started the thread didnt bring one LOL...

ANYWAY heres what im bringing.

- Small One Hose Hookah + Carb

- Pack Of Coals

- Lemon Flavored, Rose Flavored & Mint Flavored Shisha Tobacco

- Foil (wish i had a screen)

- Umbrella

also... if i had an extension cord or something i could bring a heat gun...

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    shameless bump

Romulas on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    :nudge:

Nepo on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hey leaf, or anyone else running a hookah, where in byoc are you seated? i'm in row e, seat 10, on the side facing the exhibition hall.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    im not part of byoc but want to smoke hookah! feel free to text or call me when your heading out to smoke.

Nepo on
  • Options
    kenpachisankenpachisan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hookahs... for crist sake...

kenpachisan on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hookahs... for crist sake...

dude, don't shit on this thread, too.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude, that was so lame. no one contacted me for hookah so i never smoke. lame.

Nepo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    leaf nd i were out there on saturday, sorry for anyone who couldnt get a hold of me, my lappy charger isnt working so i wasnt able to be contacted on the tubes... also... nobody but eaf and i brought the hookahs! and to those of you who did have a go, hope you enjoyed it.

Romulas on
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys! Remembered this thread when I went through the BYOC and snapped photos. Saw this hookah, and thought I'd share the resulting picture!
    2820221827_7c6c141c2c_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkphibre/2820221827/

Still need to go through the other 6k photos. Blargh.

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nice thanks, that thing would be mine!

Sorry for no msg nepo, I was so busy I barely even got to play any games at byoc, and my phone was fucked because of american carrier charges regardless. Most of the txts I did send never even were recieved, even though I was still fucking charged for them.

Glad a lot of people were around, even met those guys from california again!

If you didn't see us around, sorry! We were out on saturday at 7pm, and again at midnight since those were the times we tried to give. Hopefully more people are able to stop by. All I can say is look outside at the smoking area later on at night. If people are interested next year maybe we can try setting up a twitter for us or something.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah a twitter would be a good idea

Romulas on
This discussion has been closed.