As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[for Khoo] PAX 06 DVD release?

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited February 2007 in PAX Archive
Any word on the release date for the 2006 DVD? 2005's was released around this time last year, and we've all been waiting for it (well, at least I have been). Also, if anybody else with inside info knows, I suppose that's okay too.

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    :cry:

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I need to see my stupid antics durning the NESkimos glorfied on DVD, and Saturday's show since my stupid antics threw out my back and I pussied out of seeing it.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2007
    I'll cut to the chase on this one.

The bad news is that the PAX 2006 DVD won't be released. There was a "footage snafu" between some of our vendors/partners, and sadly, about 90% of the jib video was lost. I wish I could tell you better news, but sadly, that's what we've got. I'm pretty upset about it as well. We've explored all of our options, but what we've got just isn't complete, and we don't want to push out a half-assed product.

Sorry guys- I wish i could tell you better news.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Darn. :(

What about releasing what you do have on Google Video? It would be a great promo for the '07 concerts.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    BigRed wrote:
    :cry:

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2007
    We've actually been considering it.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That's too bad. I thought you guys did progressively better work between 04 and 05 and it looked like 06 was set to be killer.

Frankly, I'm surprised... there was just so much coverage (or so it seemed?) that I can't imagine how you couldn't be buried under material, even if half of it was lost.

Better luck next time. Or... don't leave it to luck. ;)

DJBreslin on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I'll cut to the chase on this one.

The bad news is that the PAX 2006 DVD won't be released. There was a "footage snafu" between some of our vendors/partners, and sadly, about 90% of the jib video was lost. I wish I could tell you better news, but sadly, that's what we've got. I'm pretty upset about it as well. We've explored all of our options, but what we've got just isn't complete, and we don't want to push out a half-assed product.

Sorry guys- I wish i could tell you better news.

This news makes me sad. I guess 2007 will have to be twice as awesome just to make up for it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• djdoomikedjdoomike Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well at least I have my sweet sweet memories of PAX06. Oh crap I forgot about my CRIPPLING AMNESIA!

Well at least I have my sweet sweet memories of PAX05. Oh cra...

djdoomike on
  • StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Khoo, was it just the jib footage that was lost? Because there's still the footage of the tournaments and Omegathon and whatnot that would be good to see.

This was my first PAX, and plenty of other people's too, and I personally would love to have a DVD of the weekend.

If you have enough footage to put together something decent, then why not release a cheaper DVD? Or release the video online as promotional, either way, the footage shouldn't go to waste.

Or last resort: constant threats of bodily harm to anyone handing PAX 2007 footage.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    it's time to rally every nerd who brought a camra to pax . . . there must be enough amature footage to put together something . . . interesting

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    it's time to rally every nerd who brought a camra to pax . . . there must be enough amature footage to put together something . . . interesting
    most of the cameras there sucked, though. see youtube for reference. i'm saving up for a really nice one for this year, though. planning on spending atleast $600

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    dyaballikl wrote:
    most of the cameras there sucked, though. see youtube for reference. i'm saving up for a really nice one for this year, though. planning on spending atleast $600

I want to do the same, but I have to think about getting a new computer first. And then a vehicle.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Legacy wrote:
    dyaballikl wrote:

I want to do the same, but I have to think about getting a new computer first. And then a vehicle.
    that's why i like to think of pc gaming as dead, so i don't spend an assload of money buying nice innards for my current one. although i do really enjoy working on it. grrrrrr, now you got it into my head!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    We've actually been considering it.
    I'd support this. Doesn't Google Video do revenue sharing now? If not, find a video site that does and post them. That way, we get the content we enjoy and you get some compensation.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=67967634&blogID=161794365&Mytoken=3E8D7A49-A6DF-4C9D-9080BCC0087773F425339194 My Video

It's about an hour or so I think, we didn't go the first day though so it's only saturday and sunday footage. And since we only had one camera, obviously not all was caught. :( My video lacks Ball.

xxhennersxx on
  • XylianaXyliana Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    sorry to hear about the lost footage, it happens I am sure Pax will be rocking one next year and then fight with weeks of transcoding :P

Xyliana on
This discussion has been closed.