As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Yugioh Thread

2»

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Battling through the horrific lag...

joining...

I'm in!
    And it says you disconnected again?

Rage!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    are you getting the messages im sending

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I saw 'hi there' 'how bad is the lag' and then 'zanmatto disconnected'

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    GOD DAMMIT

Screw that god forsaken website, i'd rather not play than deal with that abysmal interface and lag.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Stupid freaking game king.

I believe I've only managed to play one duel without lagging out and dying.

Anyway, password is wang, my game is up.

Yeah, that might actually make more sense since all this is creating is miserable anger.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    oh whoops i was so angry i rage exited, ill be a moment

whats the pass again

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I changed it to wang for consistency.

It's hanging now that you joined.

I am still in the room but apparently it hates us.

I wonder if you can rejoin a game that you disconnected from.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    please say we are still connected

sigh

that is the sound of my neverending pure, unadulterated fury.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    And you disconnected again. I'm going to give up unless you want to try one last time.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Screw it. It's not even worth it. We would be better off printing out our cards, taking pics and playing over aim.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    so i'm trying to make my deck on this site, holy god the list is so long, why can't they divided it by type D:

M.D. on
  • Options
    CitriCitri Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That whole interchange on Page 2 is golden.

Truly fucking golden.

Citri on
    Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, when I think about it, that was pretty hilarious. Its just...that website...

ITS SO BAD!

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It is actually pretty good aside from the horrendous lag. And by pretty good I mean it's pretty much like playing the game irl, complete with all the irritating bookkeeping and arguing about what effects apply where.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    But seriously, the lag....

The lag...

It's like child birth only FOREVER.

And then you DC

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Pretty much, yes.

Although it's not lagging so much right now. I'm actually in a game. Some guy running elemental heroes.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Maybe its jsut that god hates us

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    He hates everyone.

Ra is an asshole.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    He is indeed.

On a completely seperate *while still a little bit related* does anyone here remember that game Zeus: Master of Olympus? I'm pretty sure its on gametap.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Gameking really has sucked. Like probably everyone else here I've played one game without the guy disconnecting. And every time I try and go into the People section on the main page, it freezes. Have any of you tried running it in fire fox? That's what the website recommends.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I AM on firefox. Have been this whole time.

I'd hate to see it on IE.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    KazerimaKazerima Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sadly, I haven't found anything better out there than Gameking... (Used to be less laggy a couple months ago) There is still YVD out there, but if you have a wireless internet, DSL, or have a Firewall, then you also have to install Hamachi...

Kazerima on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OK, I know the last post here was in Feb. but I wanted to talk about YuGiOh. What do you guys think of the mid-format change?

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When I was a bit younger I was really into this game, but maintaining a solid deck was WAY too much of a money sink. The last expansion I remember buying stuff from was the one that introduced level-up monsers. Soul of the Duelist maybe?

The last deck I made was really fun. It was a gigantic 60 card stall deck. The idea was to lock down the field and then just wait for the other guy with his super-efficient card-burning 40 card deck to lose through deck-out.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    At long last, Game King Online is being migrated to its new server. This will take a few days, so please be patient - this page will update once the new server is live.

I'm so bored with YuGiOh, I changed my deck to a Dark Magician deck to try and make things fun again.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question and the answer is supposed to be obvious...

I bought Nightmare Troubadour for DS from a friend who had bought it used (yeah, I should probably get it checked for STDs), and at some point during its village bicycle adventure, it lost its instruction manual. Thanks to the in-game tutorial and just through trial-and-failure, I've figured the game out pretty well. However, the game (as well as about half an hour of looking online) seems to give no indication how to utilize the side board. At least, I assume that's a side board (it's the bottom tab indicated by an "S" in the deck creation interface). I tried putting a couple more specialized cards in there that might be useful against a couple of opponents who have reamed me something fierce, but would be less useful in other fights, assuming that I could optionally swap cards in my deck for them at some point before a battle starts. I thought this was how a side board worked in these CCGs. However, I've never been given any opportunity or seen any way to utilize these "side board" cards.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong here? Is that not actually a side board? Do I have to enter the Konami Code to get it to activate?

For five bucks, this game isn't too bad, but holy fuck is it frustrating at times. I really like the puzzles in the card shop, but it's a pity I have to grind so many battles just to unlock more.

P.S. Sorry if I shouldn't have posted in this old thread. I couldn't find any other Yugioh threads and didn't want to start a new topic somewhere just because I suck at a game.

forty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is this the wrong place for this question? Where should I post it?

forty on