As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX- Penny Arcade Expo, anyone hear of it?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just a personal preference.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    As long as you don't try to force it on us or look down on us for doing it, we won't try to force it onto you or look down on you for not doing it. :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, by all means. I get to watch the shenanigans with a clear head. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damn, I would have loved to see cj wasted.

Ahh well.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    if you ever mention any kind of "i'm drunk enough sober" line or variant, so help me

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I had a hell of a time trying to find a liquor store downtown last year.

There was one, that was closed... three other people walked up to it, just to be disappointed as well, while I was there.

TyrantCow on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I could go to PAX, but I stop myself each time by recalling that I don't really like crowds, and I'd be lying if I tried to say my true purpose wasn't to find someone who'd trade me a Mew on GBA so I could finally have all however many Pokémon there were because I missed just that one promotion, and then quietly disappear; all so I can put down that game forever. >:/

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd totally go if you go IceBurner. :winky:

urahonky on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hah, that would be interesting. I feel it's a little late to start thinking about it since pre-reg is past and I've already got a lot of travel planned. Shoud also warn that I'm a teetotaller ;P.

I should have gone a few years ago since I can give away Eon tickets to Ru/Sa owners and Jirachi to anyone with a GBA Pokémon game; in fact I intended to. Now GBA is passé.

One of these years I'll arrange to have the appropriate Friday free, pre-register, and hide someplace nearby over the three days.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wanted to bring up, for some of you who may not know about it yet, that there's a large amount of Pre-PAX festivities that take place for those who want to do extra stuff, socialize with the PAX community as a whole, and sometimes just chow down with fellow gamers.

The Pre-PAX Dinner is almost as old as PAX itself, and has become a gamer tradition. Unlike prior years, however, the organizers (ElectricTurtle and his wife, Astayonix) wanted to reserve a space so that it was a little less chaotic.

The upside to this is that there's going to be plenty of food, a nice place to have dinner, and you won't get stuck with someone else's bill when they split early from the table. =)

The catch is that you have to register early... early as in VERY soon. You can't get in at the door.

Anyways, check it out. If you haven't been, it's a lot of fun... and it's set to be even more fun this year! Check out the thread for more info:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=60964

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I will be there, and B:L- if Seung Mina is playable on whatever version of Soul Calibur is on display, you're on.

Loser takes a shot per match.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone else from here (well G&T) attending the pre-PAX dinner? I'm thinking about it, but not sure yet. It's on Thursday night, which is the same time people have talked about doing something here.

To be honest, I'd rather do something that's a bit more low-key. Also, G&T is the only forum that I frequent and has folks I'd be interested in meeting (well, in particular folks from the Video Game Sales Thread but most of those guys aren't going to PAX).

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to, if the people I'm going with are down for it.

There has to be another way for the G&T folk to meet up, if not at the pre dinner.

I imagine it'll be very difficult at PAX itself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The dinner will be an ideal place for G&T meet-up I think... there's apparently plenty of room at the dinner for as many people to come as you want, so the whole G&T gang could show up! And no worries about formalities, it's a casual affair. =)

I highly recommend it... though I haven't personally gone to it (Yet... if I get to PAX, I'll be going this year =) ), the stories about it that I've heard while in the PAX subforum have all been really great!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunately I'm taking the West Coast Train Trip, which if last year is any indication arrives close to midnight on Thursday, so I won't be able to make it to the pre-PAX dinner.

On the bright side, I get an extra 48 hours of PAX partying the rest of you miss out on by not taking the WCTT. :P

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • steve-o99steve-o99 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The PAX going population has no love for the people that are already in Seattle.

steve-o99 on
    Max sig size 500x80px <3 Moe
    modernguilt-tag-330x150.jpg
    The_Scarab wrote:
    seriously im worried. these are truly the end of days. duke nukem forever is coming out, and the best nintendo ds game on the horizon is a sonic the hedgehog rpg by bioware.
    Brawl: 4983-4625-3928
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    huh?

Legacy on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, I've finally found this thread - took me ages, as its on page 3!

Well, now I've read the whole thread:
    LewieP wrote: »
    Me and my Mum, who is totally not an alt, will be there.

I guess we will find out if she is an alt in person then.

I'm not a pigging alt, I'm a mummy, Lewie's mummy, in fact. And I know how I can prove it - come to the pre-PAX dinner on the Thursday evening - get your tickets now, you can't buy them on the night; Shorty's afterwards,; the pre-PAX breakfast run on the Friday; play Assassins; do the badge swap thingy! I'll be at them all, with bells on (well, my tiara, anyway).
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to buy Curse of the Mummy's Gold and get your mum to sign it.

What????
    apotheos wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    Not sure when I am busy and when I am not, I put my mum in charge of my itinary since I am so disorganised, but in principal I am very much up for a G&T bar meet up.

I get that you are younger than most here, and that unlike anyone else your mom is a member here, but for the love of god you need to learn that letting your mother run your life is a sure road to ruin and embarrassment.

1. He's 21.
    2. He's the most disorganised person I have ever met.
    3. Embarrassing, moi? Well, that's apotheos totally off any painting list!

Anyway, I'm only embarrassing sometimes...

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to buy Curse of the Mummy's Gold and get your mum to sign it.

What????

It's a joke. :P

LewieP's Mummy... Mummy's gold...

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ... I did wonder!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Guys... I need some help. Whether from people who live in seattle, or are going for PAX. The thing is, I don't have the cash for a hotel room, not to mention almost all of the hotels are sold out anyways. So what I'm asking for, is a place to crash.

I'm really not picky. All I'm asking for is a small piece of floor to crash on, and throw my stuff during the day. I hate asking for something like this, but there's simply nothing else I can do at this point. Getting there is going to be difficult to get the cash for, there's simply no way I'll be able to save up the cash for a room.

So if you can help me out, please hit me up. I will be forever indebted to you.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HI PIKAPUFF DO YOU REMEMBER ME I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WERE LAST YEAR

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

Eyes5 on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Eyes5 wrote: »

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

I've seen you at PAX for the last couple of years, mostly at the MK: DD tourneys. I've never gotten past the quarter-finals, and now I'll never get another chance :(

weep with me...

Guek on
    edited August 2008

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

<3<3<3

sometime I will creepily link the video of my only time seeing you at pax06 D:

got any spare hats for sale or somethin somethin?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited August 2008
    Guek wrote: »

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

I've seen you at PAX for the last couple of years, mostly at the MK: DD tourneys. I've never gotten past the quarter-finals, and now I'll never get another chance :(

weep with me...

Hey now. Hey.

Eyes5 on
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

<3<3<3

Was it when I was playing the demo of EBA? I'd like to see that video.

And no, I probably won't have any hats for sale. :(

Eyes5 on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My 2 roommates and I are wanting to hop over to Seattle the same weekend. I'm scared. Unfortunately no other weekend would work.

EskimoDave on
    edited August 2008

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

<3<3<3

I forgot about that one :D, i got you in the friday line, maaaaaaaaaybe of EBA.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hell yes. Tickets are in my hand right now.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited August 2008

Yeah, I'll be at Pax.

<3<3<3

I forgot about that one :D, i got you in the friday line, maaaaaaaaaybe of EBA.
    So last year I was jobless and had a job interview that monday or something and was running out of money so I couldn't really afford it. I gave my brother my badge and he went on Sunday and picked up a thing or two for me, though.

Anyways.

Eyes5 at 3:15

Elite Beat Eyes5

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

For the sake of argument, I know for certain I don't have a perfectly clear head until 3 drinks in.

It does tend to go, ahem, *downhill* from there.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited August 2008
    Speaking of drinking, one bar that might fit the G&T community is Shorty's. They've got a ton of awesome pinball machines there.

There's also the PAX Pub Crawl which I am tempted to go on as well. Get me liquored up enough and I may tell some fun stories I have ... :)

JCRooks on

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay, traveling buddy is for sure not going; this leaves me in a bit of a bind, as the hotel I'm staying at is about a mile away from the convention center, and no buddy means no means of transportation (also nowhere to stash my bags on Sunday after I check out).

Any ideas on transportation and on what to do with my bags on sunday?

Undead Scottsman on
    edited August 2008
    Okay, traveling buddy is for sure not going; this leaves me in a bit of a bind, as the hotel I'm staying at is about a mile away from the convention center, and no buddy means no means of transportation (also nowhere to stash my bags on Sunday after I check out).

They have an area for people to check their bags for after check out until PAX is over.

Legacy on
    edited August 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

They have an area for people to check their bags for after check out until PAX is over.

Excellent. Now I just need to find a bus that runs between my hotel and the convention center.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lookin forwards to this PAX thing, wanted to go last year but had schedule problems. Would be cool to see some G&T'ers

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    It's only a week away and this post isn't on teh first page? Shameful!

Any awesome meetups planned?

Undead Scottsman on
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    orionpaxdi1.jpg

I'll be at pax, again, splitting time between too many groups!

Polago on
    edited August 2008
    3 days!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited August 2008
    Anyone else going to the pre-PAX industry night thingy? If you don't know what it is, then you probably don't have an invite and can disregard this. But anyone who is going, it'd be cool to meet up and say hi.

Otherwise, I'll be at PAX for at least Friday and Saturday. I'm supposed to be wearing a black Microsoft Casual Games shirt, handing out free Hexic cards to anyone/everyone, but we'll see how long that lasts ...

I'll also be sporting a player pin from TWEWY. :)

JCRooks on