As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

• AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mystral721 wrote: »
    That reminds me, I have to figure out how to get there since it's a bit far for walking distance. Maybe I can share a cab with some fellow PAXers?

There's public transit available to get you to the Naval Reserve Building, but if you'd like to arrange a cab with someone who's going to going as well, feel free! I will be arranging cabs to pick people up once the dinner is over, but getting there is going to have the be on the participants because I'll be knee deep in setting up the venue! Any individual help you may need with planning a public transit route (if you're interested in that) can be done with help from ElectricTurtle.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey. What ever happened to that brief the volunteers were supposed to get?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

I said if I wasn't a lazy ass. I'm a lazy ass. It's at the top of my to do list... tonight hopefully.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

I said if I wasn't a lazy ass. I'm a lazy ass. It's at the top of my to do list... tonight hopefully.

Giterdun!!!! Hahahaha! I'm good enough to be a net admin :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I just went ahead and signed up. I am driving down to Seattle Thursday afternoon to get settled at the Green Tortoise before dinner. See you all there.

That_Guy on
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    woot that_guy!

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I had a random question. If this has been asked and answered, and I missed it, you have full permission to laugh derogatorily at me, since this is one of the few threads I try to keep up with 100% :P

When we get there and such, do we have assigned seats? Or is it just one of those sit wherever, barge into other peoples tables, free for all?

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I Finally signed up.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    So I had a random question. If this has been asked and answered, and I missed it, you have full permission to laugh derogatorily at me, since this is one of the few threads I try to keep up with 100% :P

When we get there and such, do we have assigned seats? Or is it just one of those sit wherever, barge into other peoples tables, free for all?

Man, I don't know who I want to sit with. We should all sit as close to each other as possible. Like "clowns in a VW" close.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Man, I don't know who I want to sit with. We should all sit as close to each other as possible. Like "clowns in a VW" close.

Sounds like someone's getting a little Lap Action. ;)

Sumi on
    edited August 2008
    No assigned seating. It would violate the spirit of the event.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to sit by everyone. we should all like... switch seats every 10 minutes XD

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited August 2008

Sit wherever! Assigned steating just smacks of... work. :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I still don't know if I can come, it really doesn't look like it this year.
    I'm really broke, and I don't know if I can scrounge up enough money this year to be able to go.
    D':

I really wish I could.
    Sorry.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm sorry Spawn =( Ack... for a minute there in IRC it seemed like it was going to work. =( =(

We'll definitely see you at PAX though, no worries!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heh, don't worry Astayonix, I'm not asking for there to BE assigned seating, it was just s stray thought :D

BA: Lmao, Pre-PAX Dinner Musical Chairs! There should be someone with a whistle, who blows it every 10 or so minutes. When the whistle blows, you have to grab your plate, and move chairs. You must move tables at least every 3 whistle blows! XD

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited August 2008
    That'd be AWESOME! I'm up for it! =)

VThornheart on
  • TrezlTrezl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OK quick question (sorry if my reading comprehension sucks)...

I'm thinking of bringing the wife and 2 toddlers (1 1/2 & 4). Will I be able to get them seats w/out shelling out $30 for each of the kids? :)

Thanks.

Trezl on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BA: Lmao, Pre-PAX Dinner Musical Chairs! There should be someone with a whistle, who blows it every 10 or so minutes. When the whistle blows, you have to grab your plate, and move chairs. You must move tables at least every 3 whistle blows! XD

Pax is not a speed dating service. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited August 2008
    Trezl wrote: »

I'm thinking of bringing the wife and 2 toddlers (1 1/2 & 4). Will I be able to get them seats w/out shelling out $30 for each of the kids? :)

Thanks.

Astayonix and I have a 14 month old ourselves (who will be with grandparents), so we understand. Don't worry about it, you don't need to register the kids, you'll more than make up for it by having to watch them. :P

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • TrezlTrezl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trezl wrote: »

Thanks.

Astayonix and I have a 14 month old ourselves (who will be with grandparents), so we understand. Don't worry about it, you don't need to register the kids, you'll more than make up for it by having to watch them. :P

Awesome, thanks! The wife and kids will be with our friends during PAX, but they'd love to come hang out during dinner. Reserving tickets... NOW! :)

Trezl on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to sit by everyone. we should all like... switch seats every 10 minutes XD

I like the speed dinner-ing.

chaosisorder on
  • SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Oooo, like speed dating. Speed dinner-ing.

then it'll just turn into a game itself... you gotta finish each plate in the time before the whistle blows lol

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hate to ask but what do we do if it rains? Also bus info I would like to know this.:)

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
    edited August 2008
    Anngaricus wrote: »
    I hate to ask but what do we do if it rains? Also bus info I would like to know this.:)

Well, it's not like it's outside. As for busing, there's always the trip planner at http://transit.metrokc.gov. We're also going to encourage people to ride share both personal cars and taxis.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I rock at musical chairs.

parabola on
  • AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, it's not like it's outside.
    I uh forgot that part :oops:
    Between school and packing my brain is fried!

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    I rock at musical chairs.

lol!

... If that wasn't a joke then I'm going to feel horrible.

Sumi on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have missed this event every year and this year stings the worst. A friend is having a birthday party down here in Portland during this event. Have fun all... maybe next year!

DJBreslin on
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I actually suck at musical chairs. Both times I played I was disqualified for punching someone out of a chair we were both racing for. :-(

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know it's been on again off again, but I still have 24 hours to make 40 dollars.
    Or I can just beg my mom to let me go by myself so I only have to pay for one ticket.

No promises, but I pray to cthulhu that this works...

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey, is anyone going to be departing from the Grand Hyatt area to the dinner around 7:15? I am in need of a way there, since I am taking the Greyhound into town. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Officer on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heh, don't worry Astayonix, I'm not asking for there to BE assigned seating, it was just s stray thought :D

Alice in Wonderland style. I think we just discovered next year's theme.

redhalo on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone going to be departing from the Grand Hyatt area to the dinner around 7:15? I am in need of a way there, since I am taking the Greyhound into town. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

I was just planning on walking. Not sure that's the kind of help you are looking for. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited August 2008
    Clean cup, clean cup, move down, move down,
    clean cup, clean cup, move down! =)

Anyways =)
    Officer wrote: »

Hmm... shoot, 7:00pm is a couple hours too late for you to swing on the Magical Mystery Tour to get there (we'll be arriving over there early, like 4:30pm ish to help set up stuff). =( =( BUT if you were willing to take the bus, there's one that'll get you right over there I think. Just a second...

Thanks to the Trip Planner! =)

WALK (.2 miles West) from 721 Pine St. to Westlake Ave & Olive Way
    TAKE Route MT 98 (Streetcar (Yay! =) ) to Lake Union)
    ARRIVE SLU Streetcar Rail & Terry Ave N
    WALK (.1 mile Northwest) to 860 Terry Ave N

So in the worst case scenario, you can pay a $1.75 to ride the streetcar (isn't that awesome? A streetcar! =) ). Hopefully this helps! If I had a car myself out there, I'd swing by and pick you up. =(
    Infidel wrote: »
    I was just planning on walking. Not sure that's the kind of help you are looking for. :lol:

If you were planning on giving him a piggyback ride, I think that'd constitute picking him up! =)

VThornheart on
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Awesome link Vthornheart

Walk 0.3 mile NW from 1531 7TH AVE to
    Depart Westlake Ave & Olive Way (on a streetcar)
    Arrive SLU Streetcar Rail & Terry Ave N
    Walk 0.1 mile NW to 860 TERRY AVE N

Hopefully there will be others coming from the Roosevelt so I can follow them and not accidentally ride the trolley all night. :)

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No piggybacks!

But maybe we could meetup and hit the trolley at 7ish?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Better late than never, but I'm in.
    I probably won't be able to join the party until 8:00, so save a couple bites of food for me.

Thanx

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No worries, I just figured if I could get a ride, I could hanf out longer. I've already gotmy walking route from my hotel mapped and memorized to the dinner.

Officer on
This discussion has been closed.