As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3 TBK XXI || The Non Stop Halo Party Boat, with your Staff Captain of Love

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I don't see morale improving.

Be warned that Sakeido has been pretty much waiting to blow his back-seat mod load on this thread, despite the fact he, himself, is a complete asshole who pretty much just trolls this thread. It's that time of the month, most likely.

Also PAX teams for Halo Slipshod Tournament. I don't think Zeke can play if he's an enforcer.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    when sakeido was a little boy in grade 1, he would always write how one day it wants to be a mod at an internet forum to make himself feel important :unsmith:

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Be warned that Sakeido has been pretty much waiting to blow his back-seat mod load on this thread, despite the fact he, himself, is a complete asshole who pretty much just trolls this thread. It's that time of the month, most likely.

Also PAX teams for Halo Slipshod Tournament. I don't think Zeke can play if he's an enforcer.

Actually, I wasn't sitting here waiting to hit the report button. I just happened in to see if you people were, you know, talking about Halo, in particular looking for some kind of insight about the level editor-ish thing in the awards acceptance video... but instead I got a page worth of posts about weed... preceded by pages of other random shit.
    And the only time I can recall clearly being a dick was when you were bitching about BR starts and I said deal with it. Looks like you guys are getting on fine now.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    replace "Report" button to "I'm a tool" button plz tia

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sakeido wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Actually, I wasn't sitting here waiting to hit the report button. I just happened in to see if you people were, you know, talking about Halo, in particular looking for some kind of insight about the level editor-ish thing in the awards acceptance video... but instead I got a page worth of posts about weed... preceded by pages of other random shit.
    And the only time I can recall clearly being a dick was when you were bitching about BR starts and I said deal with it. Looks like you guys are getting on fine now.

I forgot about the time I posted about getting an invincible, too. I was excited and thought it was a big deal (the biggest spree whoooo) but I recall an icy reception to that as well.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    *comes into thread that he barely reads full of people that have known and played together for 4 years*
    *doesnt like that they are talking to each other*
    *presses report button*

PS I've gotten an invincible too want to be invinicible pals :)

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mine was in a banshee because im pro :)

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Predator wrote: »
    mine was in a banshee because im pro :)

Sorry to hear that

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sakeido i dont think u relize that banshys r hard to use and im gud at them getting an invinicible w/ them is a big deal dont steal my thunder

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thrill, you aren't really helping.

And Sakeido, after the 5-8 page argument over GRR MLG a while back, we realized where you stood on the whole topic of BRs and MLG, and since we are an anti-MLG thread, when the few times you do post here, we don't trust you as much.

Hell, Regicid3 still wants to pretty much kill fyrewulff.

So when you come in and start talking about rule 2 and "pretty gay chat thread" we just assume that you're trolling us because you still hold some kind of grudge.

again, Regicid3 was an example of this.

And sometimes, like all topics, we stray off a bit from the main discussion, most likely due to a sucky night of halo, or a sick new game coming out, but we get back on topic once we start up another night of halo. you just caught us at a bad time here.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll re-iterate that I don't like MLG either. The whole gist of what I was saying back then was that it is Bungie's game and we have to deal with how they are setting it up. To be completely honest, I think shishka is an idiot and strongly dislike about 90% of what he is doing with the playlists (why, WHY, do they continue to foist Sandtrap & Valhalla Covies upon us?) and I really don't like MLG players.. their playlist & attitudes especially.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    And sometimes, like all topics, we stray off a bit from the main discussion, most likely due to the fact this game has been out almost over a year, and yet is still regularly played, but only provides new discussion worthy topics once every 2-3 months.

I'll admit, I don't post in here too much, hell, I don't typically play with the guys in here too much. I still read the thread though, because once in a blue moon, there is actually new information.

It's not like the Rock Band Thread, that gets something new to talk about each and every week.

edit: Actually, should this thread be a [Game On]?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's a clan thread. It's still around because it moves slow enough to be inconsequential.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    inconsequential is the word of the day!

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sakeido, you should try to play with us. We're good people, and good players.

coincidentally I can't be on tonight.

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    gg thrill

while we're waiting for people to get on halo, we ca play some some carcassone like the other night

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I've always been down to play, but I don't know how this friends-of-friends TBK Clan II thing works.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I've always been down to play, but I don't know how this friends-of-friends TBK Clan II thing works.

Look at the friends list of TBK Clan II, and you can invite players from there to play Halo/join their games of Halo. Or you can see that one of them is online playing Halo and can ask for an invite.

You might think of us as insular, but several people have just started playing with us only a month or two ago and we love them just as much as everyone else. Hell, I didn't join TBK until after Halo 3 was out, so when older players show up sometimes I'm like "wait how do you all know this guy".

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well, the thing was we used to Friend of a Friend feature from the dashboard update as a surrogate clan system, we'd have players friend request A TBK Clan so everyone would have an easy database of TBKers to use via the view friends list thing.

trouble with A TBK Clan though was we had about a Billion lurkers request it and never play with us and then the person that actually made the tag pretty much left.

although not as popular yet, I've created the gamertag A TBK Clan II in order to keep a better gamertag "library" just friend request A TBK Clan II or some of the staff members and we'll get you a spot on our Haloings if you want to play.

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well, the thing was we used to Friend of a Friend feature from the dashboard update as a surrogate clan system, we'd have players friend request A TBK Clan so everyone would have an easy database of TBKers to use via the view friends list thing.

trouble with A TBK Clan though was we had about a Billion lurkers request it and never play with us and then the person that actually made the tag pretty much left.

although not as popular yet, I've created the gamertag A TBK Clan II in order to keep a better gamertag "library" just friend request A TBK Clan II or some of the staff members and we'll get you a spot on our Haloings if you want to play.

I will add the TBK Clan II tag tonight.. if I can't seem Soulcalibur going Halo 3 seems like a good choice, especially since most of my old crew moved to Bad Company and I just really don't like that game

Sakeido on
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hopefully I can get in some games with the lot of you tonight.
    I'll re-iterate that I don't like MLG either. The whole gist of what I was saying back then was that it is Bungie's game and we have to deal with how they are setting it up. To be completely honest, I think shishka is an idiot and strongly dislike about 90% of what he is doing with the playlists (why, WHY, do they continue to foist Sandtrap & Valhalla Covies upon us?) and I really don't like MLG players.. their playlist & attitudes especially.
    MLG isn't a bad thing. They can get a little needy and whiny, but the MLG maps/gametypes definitely have their own distinctive brand of fun. Not better or worse than vanilla Halo in my opinion, just different. Shiska's doing some good stuff, but I agree that the covies map variants need to die. The Heavy maps are a lot of fun, especially when you get to tool around in the Guass Warthog. I had almost forgotten what that was like.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Leonius wrote: »
    Hopefully I can get in some games with the lot of you tonight.
    MLG isn't a bad thing. They can get a little needy and whiny, but the MLG maps/gametypes definitely have their own distinctive brand of fun. Not better or worse than vanilla Halo in my opinion, just different. Shiska's doing some good stuff, but I agree that the covies map variants need to die. The Heavy maps are a lot of fun, especially when you get to tool around in the Guass Warthog. I had almost forgotten what that was like.

I've heard of the Heavy playlist, but I have never actually gotten to play a round of it. :( Gauss warthogs sound like fun.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It would rock as a playlist, but its really just a few map variants that have a chance of showing up in Big Team Battle.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Heavy is pretty awesome.

just on standoff heavy they have 2 rockets, 2 snipers, 2 missle pods, 4 lasers, 2 banshees, 4 warthogs (2 gauss), 2 choppers and 2 mongeese

it's also pretty insane

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    and a laser that respawns every 20 seconds in the base

also the problem with covies is TOO MANY FUCKING GHOSTS

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    and a laser that respawns every 20 seconds in the base

also the problem with covies is TOO MANY FUCKING GHOSTS
    Yeah that's pretty much it. Throw in a fuel rod gun that respawns pretty quickly and I would be happy.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Consequently, I am not playing Halo3 whenever the aforementioned backseat modding troll is.

Strange this.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hurf durf intarwebz drama hurf durf

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    internet rage is the funniest kind of rage

watching spiderman 3 rifftrax right now then probably going to a diner. will be on after

Ranced on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    D'oh! I never noticed there was a new TBK Clan friend tag. No wonder I missed so many games in the past. Bought Carcassonne on a whim. Pretty fun. Gotta try multiplayer.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Slowly yet surely converting all my old film clips to INTERNET VIDEO with Gamevee grab thingy.

Bless those awesome people.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    wait

how does gamevee work

Ranced on
  • Options
    *~anime-catfan~**~anime-catfan~* __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    hey peeps i just picked this up again seeing as my old one has worked in 4 months. if i can join you guys, my gt is EMCFitch. I sent a request to fyrewulff rex and A TBK Clan II. ill probably be on in 20 minutes :)

*~anime-catfan~* on
    17430538hk7.jpg
    commoror runco sulum
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    D'oh! I never noticed there was a new TBK Clan friend tag. No wonder I missed so many games in the past. Bought Carcassonne on a whim. Pretty fun. Gotta try multiplayer.

Carcassone is like our new favorite game to play that isn't Halo.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Carcassone is like our new favorite game to play that isn't Halo.

It's growing on me. Gotta go to bed early cause of work so I'll be on for almost two more hours if people wanna be all up ons Carcassonne (dah I mean Halo oops).
    I really mean Cracassonne

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got Carcassonne on a whim also after seeing you guys all playing it.. do you guys have all the extra point costy bits?

I think I'm going to work on soloing some levels on Legendary unless anybody wants to co-op. If you want to play match-making or whatever just drop me a line.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I got Carcassonne on a whim also after seeing you guys all playing it.. do you guys have all the extra point costy bits?

Nope.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's always safe to assume that nobody has any $$ content for any Live game

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sweet ass

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    god damn it fuck legendary, I get to to the part where the dude with the hammer rushes me and can't kill his ass

anybody bored enough to help?

troublebrewing on
This discussion has been closed.