As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Too Human - New thread is up

• Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I'm a Human Commando. I went speed slug route and never looked back. Every time I try to change something pulls me back in.

Human skill: +30% all ballistic rate of fire
    Commando Middle tree: +30% slug rate of fire
    Epic Rifle: +10% slug rate of fire

I don't know why I didn't take a video of this when I made that lag video. But my slug rifle is almost a solid line.

Omg your slug shooting is insane, its so funny to watch, its almost like youre using a laser gun, that was so badass. Is that as fast as you can get it now? Cause I know you upgraded it a bit while we played but...

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Reading up on Baldur this game does parallel norse mythology to an extent, which is cool.

If you want to see your damage numbers I believe its the right on the directional pad.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Reading up on Baldur this game does parallel norse mythology to an extent, which is cool.

If you want to see your damage numbers I believe its the right on the directional pad.
    And Hod killing Baldur thinking he was Loki. I lol'd at that part because they were faithful to it.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, maybe I should head back to the aesir more often then. I only ever go back between Worlds, (since it doesn't actually tell you when its safe to go back...)

Also, does GARM not drop any loot? I killed him and didn't get any.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe I should head back to the aesir more often then. I only ever go back between Worlds, (since it doesn't actually tell you when its safe to go back...)

I think the loot tower that you gain access to following GARM's death counts as his "drop".

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    CarbonFire wrote: »

I think the loot tower that you gain access to following GARM's death counts as his "drop".

Yeah I believe thats why they showed that specifically. Though the end boss didn't drop anything that I could see, haven't done a run through since then to see if they drop something when not in story.

Also with regards to the the lore of the game end gamish spoilers.

Well Hod was still confused by lokis earlier rouse hence why he thinks your loki, I wonder was hod completely confused when he was killing people? Because from the scene where you get shot everything looked fine but when Hod killed loki everything was destroyed.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would give Baldurs Left Testicle for a level 3 charm at this point. I've got almost a full inventory of completed level 2 charms but even going through all of Helheim [repeat trip] I'm yet to see one. I assumed the epic armor would be ultra rare but damn. I figured I'd see at least one charm by now :(

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I would give Baldurs Left Testicle for a level 3 charm at this point. I've got almost a full inventory of completed level 2 charms but even going through all of Helheim [repeat trip] I'm yet to see one. I assumed the epic armor would be ultra rare but damn. I figured I'd see at least one charm by now :(

Have you run through all of the world trees instances? That's where I got mine.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah I believe thats why they showed that specifically. Though the end boss didn't drop anything that I could see, haven't done a run through since then to see if they drop something when not in story.

Well Hod was still confused by lokis earlier rouse hence why he thinks your loki, I wonder was hod completely confused when he was killing people? Because from the scene where you get shot everything looked fine but when Hod killed loki everything was destroyed.
    From what the World Tree Women said:
    Hod was living in a false reality, being fed images and sounds through his cybernetics that Loki wanted him to see. What remains to be seen is exactly WHY Heimdall wanted Baldur to destroy the cybernetics. There is the obvious answer of course, because he was trying to protect Baldur. But I think there might be more there than Heimdall is letting on.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited August 2008

From what the World Tree Women said:
    Hod was living in a false reality, being fed images and sounds through his cybernetics that Loki wanted him to see. What remains to be seen is exactly WHY Heimdall wanted Baldur to destroy the cybernetics. There is the obvious answer of course, because he was trying to protect Baldur. But I think there might be more there than Heimdall is letting on.

Man I completely forgot that he ordered you to do that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I did but wasn't level 50 yet at the time. Guess I'll beat the story again and do another tear through the world tree and hope I get lucky.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I did but wasn't level 50 yet at the time. Guess I'll beat the story again and do another tear through the world tree and hope I get lucky.

I was 44 when I went through and got mine. In a way I'm glad they are rare.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh, I'm gonna pick this up after work, even though I have a full plate already.

So, good roguelike hack'nslash?

KiTA on
  • Options
    DeathpookyDeathpooky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I was 44 when I went through and got mine. In a way I'm glad they are rare.

I got my first around 46 in the world tree and was ecstatic. Then, like orange items, I got three more soon thereafter and now have no room or need for them. Some of the activation requirements are brutal - like 4000 kills with +50 combo. Still holding out for a vampirism charm though.

Deathpooky on
    Deathpooky.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If a Life Tap charm exists it might just make my defender truely immortal. The only time I ever die is if I get laser designated and I can't roll out of it in time. Went from 95% health to 0 in one volley in Helheim O.o

Then I respawned and laid down a beating of truely epic proprotions. If I wasn't at work I'd post the image of Scud the Disposable Assasian "I'm Jesus with a laser gun and your all going to hell" to give you a feel for what occured once the valkery finished her long animation.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just got this today and started playing and am enjoying it, but of course I already enjoyed the demo. I haven't even cleared the ground you cover in the demo yet, though.

One weird thing is that I got the "Serve 'Em Up" achievement, which sounds like an achievement that requires a second player: "The player must juggle an enemy which is then killed in air combat by their teammate."

I'm definitely going to have to read up on the specifics of gameplay/controls/stats/skills/etc.

SteevL on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, I have noticed that in co-op, I tend to gain levels a LOT faster, but in single player, I tend to get more, better-quality loot to use. Anyone else notice this?

Also, co-op is DAMN fun, but we need something to try to prefer near your level. Matching me with someone 10 levels above me = autodie.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Just finished the game, got to level 30 by the end. The last level is definently the best, and I like it a lot more than I did before. I'd probably give it a 7.5 all in all.

Urian on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mastrius wrote: »
    I'm a Human Commando. I went speed slug route and never looked back. Every time I try to change something pulls me back in.

I don't know why I didn't take a video of this when I made that lag video. But my slug rifle is almost a solid line.

Omg your slug shooting is insane, its so funny to watch, its almost like youre using a laser gun, that was so badass. Is that as fast as you can get it now? Cause I know you upgraded it a bit while we played but...
    I have a Human Skill speed+, and a commando skill slug speed+

so teir three charms can raise it, and if I complete the epic set I have with that gun, it's a +1 all commando skills, so another. which means another +10 increase total.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    I just got this today and started playing and am enjoying it, but of course I already enjoyed the demo. I haven't even cleared the ground you cover in the demo yet, though.

One weird thing is that I got the "Serve 'Em Up" achievement, which sounds like an achievement that requires a second player: "The player must juggle an enemy which is then killed in air combat by their teammate."

I'm definitely going to have to read up on the specifics of gameplay/controls/stats/skills/etc.

Its probably cause your "squad" shot the gobby as it flew upward. Happened with me in the first fight before the flashback. The only real online achiement I know of is Teamwork Take down cause it doesn't seem to count in the computers break the chest piece on trolls and you mount.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mastrius wrote: »

I have a Human Skill speed+, and a commando skill slug speed+

so teir three charms can raise it, and if I complete the epic set I have with that gun, it's a +1 all commando skills, so another. which means another +10 increase total.

*drools* your gun would just fuckin...my god that would be insane, youd tap the R trigger and youd have to reload.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just imagine how fast Act 3's boss would go down with that. Even if it has a stupid amount of armor. Like a long range chain saw that gun is.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Man.

I just do not get the hate. Granted, I'm level 28, and just beat the second level, but as far as "figuring the game out", I just sliced through every baddy without a fucking problem. Just a constant symphony of asswhuppin. Like, you'd think the big time bad guys would see this shit and just give the fuck up.

Absolutely loving this game. Huge case of, "I gotta see what I get next/happens next/I kill next."

Sheep on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I get the hate...because people are fucking stupid. I've seen some dumbass complaints, like ones even saying that people should get Ninja Gaiden II or DMC4 instead. Maybe Denis' rant about people not getting it is closer to reality than we were willing to give him credit for.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I think we got a Kane and Lynch situation here were in 2 months we'll see a Gamespot reviewer fired.

I love the game. Feels like a mix between Gauntlet and Diablo 2. Tons of mobs, lots of action, and mountains of loot. /glee Now the hardest part...waiting for the sequel "Still Too Human"

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    I get the hate...because people are fucking stupid. I've seen some dumbass complaints, like ones even saying that people should get Ninja Gaiden II or DMC4 instead. Maybe Denis' rant about people not getting it is closer to reality than we were willing to give him credit for.

Maybe.

I see some issues that reviews bring up, and then there's an answer for them. The game is a bit broad and takes some understanding, and it just doesn't seem like people had the patience or the ability to dig deeper, and just prefer to stay ignorant about it.

Story is solid so far. Art direction/presentation is solid so far. Battle system is incredibly fun. I like how it has a "hand's off" approach but doesn't sacrifice any hardcore gameplay. I was able to carry on a conversation with a friend tonight and play well at the same time. Can't do that in most action games.

Sheep on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Well, I'll admit it's not the same kind of game but still. Too Human's fighting system is crap compared to DMC4. Now if Too Human had combat on par with DMC4 the game would be glorious. I'd sell my soul for it.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »

Well, I'll admit it's not the same kind of game but still. Too Human's fighting system is crap compared to DMC4. Now if Too Human had combat on par with DMC4 the game would be glorious. I'd sell my soul for it.

The combat system in each game is pretty much tailored to a different style of gameplay.

I can make another comparison to Mass Effect. That game was a shooter, but not quite. Too Human is an action game... but not quite.

Sheep on
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just played the demo and really, really liked it. Have to see when I get the chance to fit this into my schedule but definitely will get it eventually.

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's meant to be in the same area as Diablo I always thought.

God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword and Devil May Cry are in the same catagory.

Diablo, Titan Quest, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are in the same catagory.

Too Human is somewhere in between.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    RethiusRethius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I enjoyed the hell out of this game. I've got a level 28 Berserker, and he tears shit up. My only frustration is that I've only played the game in co-op mode, so stuff never gets explained.

Like that purple shit in the world tree? What the hell is that? I've never found a way around it to the loot.

Rethius on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    It's meant to be in the same area as Diablo I always thought.

God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword and Devil May Cry are in the same catagory.

Diablo, Titan Quest, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are in the same catagory.

Too Human is somewhere in between.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. But maybe it's the 3rd person action game perspective that made me expect more out of the fighting. Anyways I'm not saying the game itself is crap because I haven't played the full game, and I'm pretty sure it's not crap like so many reviewers like to say.

But judging on what people said here, I'd wager that the main attraction for this game is the sense of satisfaction granted by frequent level ups and regular stream of shiny new loot. I played the demo twice and that was the part that I liked. Gaining a level and thus, having more skill points to assign is fun!

To me it seems like the easiest part to get right. A lot of people get easily addicted to skillpoints and loot. Heck, what was that crummy grind game that someone posted here a few months ago? Giant Sword? The gameplay itself was crap but that didn't stop me from putting a few hours into it, just because I wanted my character to become stronger and have a bigger sword.

So as I said I played the demo twice. I took the time to learn the fighting system, so yes I "get it", but it still wasn't that fun. On one hand, I think of the skill trees and all that shiny loot I could be getting and it kinda makes me want to play the game. On the other hand, if I think back about my time with the demo, looking beyond the "phat lewt", I wasn't having much fun with the combat itself.

If I listened to the part of me that wants the loot I might've bought the game, but I'll need a bargain price or a better core gameplay for them to get my money. Hopefully TH2 will improve on it's weaker aspects.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    adnprydeadnpryde Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rethius wrote: »
    I enjoyed the hell out of this game. I've got a level 28 Berserker, and he tears shit up. My only frustration is that I've only played the game in co-op mode, so stuff never gets explained.

Like that purple shit in the world tree? What the hell is that? I've never found a way around it to the loot.
    That would be Nidhogg, who in norse mythology is the dragon who eats the roots of the World Tree.

I know it wasn't until near the end of helheim before I was able to get the cyberspace ability to get rid of it. It could possibly be part of going through the single player story, but I'm not sure.

adnpryde on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You guys are seriously making me regret not getting this on the way home.

But anyway, given the writers' Derek Smart-level breakdown on NeoGAF, and given the fact that they're, well, NeoGAF, well, this game would have had to come with free pizza, beer, and hookers for LIFE in order to get over that mess.

So in other words, this is a must buy for a 360 owner, eh?

KiTA on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    You guys are seriously making me regret not getting this on the way home.

But anyway, given the writers' Derek Smart-level breakdown on NeoGAF, and given the fact that they're, well, NeoGAF, well, this game would have had to come with free pizza, beer, and hookers for LIFE in order to get over that mess.

So in other words, this is a must buy for a 360 owner, eh?

must buy no, but it is indeed a quality title

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    not in the least. but it's a fun game. worth the purchase.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Uber AbgestopptUber Abgestoppt BEERGICIAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I loved the demo. This will definitely be purchased in the near future.

Uber Abgestoppt on
    demoman.png
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Now the hardest part...waiting for the sequel "Still Too Human"

I'm holding out for "Too Human Too"

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    Now the hardest part...waiting for the sequel "Still Too Human"

I'm holding out for "Too Human Too"

I like the sound of "Too Humaner"

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wanted to like this, I tried but I just couldn't get passed the UI, menu and combat. I can see why some folk like it and it is not as bad as the reviews but for me it just didn't have "it".

Guess I will wait for Sacred2 on the 360 for a loot crawl.

Venkman90 on
This discussion has been closed.