As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

• Options
    JokulhaupJokulhaup SeattleRegistered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Is it to late to join in the revelry?

Jokulhaup on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Goddammit, there are TRIVIA questions involved? I thought all the challenges would revolve around drinking horrendous drinks and performing feats of stupidity. Crap! I'm never going to get me one o them emblems now =(. Guess I better start reading up on the wiki......

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be one of the group leaders if you still need one. Don't know if I'll dress up or not (don't really have any wizard attire) but I'll lend a hand in reff'ing etc if you haven't already had four volunteers by PM or something. (p.s. if we're calling the four groups by house names I call ravenclaw, if we're not I'll come up with something suitably potter-ish)

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, I never confirmed, but I will definitely be there for this fun-nanigans!

Officer on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I may or may not go to this.

parabola on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think this is teetering on the edge of "holy shit there's so many people we demolish a business while we're there."

I mean, what if 50+ people all at once want pizza, and stop at one of those by the slice places, and there's only one employee on staff. Much like that unfortunate subway guy in the trade centre.

protip: I'm hinting that if even groups of 20+ roll into a bar, I'm sure some places might not exactly like that sort of thing.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PA is taking over Seattle for a few days, if they don't like it they can GEET OUT.

parabola on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jokulhaup wrote: »
    Is it to late to join in the revelry?

It's never too late. Unless it's 2am August 29th. Then it's too late.
    waffleboi9 wrote:
    Goddammit, there are TRIVIA questions involved? I thought all the challenges would revolve around drinking horrendous drinks and performing feats of stupidity. Crap! I'm never going to get me one o them emblems now =(. Guess I better start reading up on the wiki......

It's not too late to call into work sick for the next few days and read all 7 books. :P
    faits wrote:
    I'll be one of the group leaders if you still need one.

I do. I would still like one more headboy/girl so we'll have 2 people for each group.
    leaf wrote:
    protip: I'm hinting that if even groups of 20+ roll into a bar, I'm sure some places might not exactly like that sort of thing.
    parabola wrote:
    PA is taking over Seattle for a few days, if they don't like it they can GEET OUT.

Pretty much this right here. I'll be calling all the bars this week to give them the heads up that the Hogwart's Express will be rolling through but we're still going ahead as planned. We'll just have to make sure to stay on our very best behavior.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dang it, I just confirmed that my train is going to be two hours late. Thus, I'll probably be rolling into Seattle around 11:30, meaning I have about two hours to complete the challenges =D. I don't mind.

PS: Got my wand!!!

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    Dang it, I just confirmed that my train is going to be two hours late. Thus, I'll probably be rolling into Seattle around 11:30, meaning I have about two hours to complete the challenges =D. I don't mind.

PS: Got my wand!!!

Waffleboi, we can play catch up together!

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If I need to signup to participate, this is me signing up(and a friend). If I dont, then see you all there.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Really looking forward to getting wasted with you guys. Pax is going to be a blast.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    This is what I am going to do

1) bring my magic wand
    2) drink a lot
    3) practice my magic spells such as "accio boobies" and "alohamora pants"
    4) ??
    5) will someone bail me out?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to win. I will win.

Why is it harry potter themed atlus? Why do i have to share a room with you atlus?

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    This is what I am going to do

1) bring my magic wand
    2) drink a lot
    3) practice my magic spells such as "accio boobies" and "alohamora pants"
    4) ??????????
    5) PROFIT!

FIX'D :D

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I will be in attendance, along with at least one (1) and no more than five (5) others in tow.

Participation is probably a non-issue with this crowd, we'll probably just be along for the ride. :D

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    frankie23frankie23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hi! I'm a Canadian stranger to your forum, but me and up to two associates will be joining you lot for the drinking wonderfulness. Looking forward to it. :)

frankie23 on
  • Options
    samuelhgarfieldsamuelhgarfield Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love PAX.

Count me in? Do I need to print out my own score card at this point or what?

samuelhgarfield on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Printed mine on cardstock at kinkos for like $1.25 =P. I could have used my work printer, but they might wonder what I was doing this weekend......

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Do I need to print out my own score card at this point or what?

At this point I'll probably have just enough scorecards to hand out at the beginning of the tournament. After that it's anyone's guess so latecomers may want to print out a card just in case. Worst case scenario you can hand your printout off to someone who didn't get one.

I just got off the phone with 4 of the 6 bars. They are anticipating the arrival of witches and wizards rolling deep. I let them know the theme so they may or may not do something to accommodate us.

@faits and DeadlySherpa: Since you guys are the only volunteers I'm going to have you guys lead Group B(eedle) since I'll be convincing one of my IRC mates to #2 for me in Group A(lbus). I'll be sending a short PM off to give you guys a bit more information and my contact #.

@Everyone else: Three days left!

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do I need to print out my own score card at this point or what?

At this point I'll probably have just enough scorecards to hand out at the beginning of the tournament. After that it's anyone's guess so latecomers may want to print out a card just in case. Worst case scenario you can hand your printout off to someone who didn't get one.

I just got off the phone with 4 of the 6 bars. They are anticipating the arrival of witches and wizards rolling deep. I let them know the theme so they may or may not do something to accommodate us.

@faits and DeadlySherpa: Since you guys are the only volunteers I'm going to have you guys lead Group B(eedle) since I'll be convincing one of my IRC mates to #2 for me in Group A(lbus). I'll be sending a short PM off to give you guys a bit more information and my contact #.

@Everyone else: Three days left!

Well I want to be in Sherpas group, because he is a swell guy. Sherpa, make this happen.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to be in on this. How does the whole "groups" system work? Can I be in a good group?

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i just found a gryphondor cloak at a thrift store for a dollar

i think im ready

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    I want to be in on this. How does the whole "groups" system work? Can I be in a good group?

At the start of the bar crawl we'll just divide into even groups.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How will late comers be sorted?

(heh, sorted.)

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

It'll be JUST like picking sides for dodge ball in elementary school, only I won't get picked last (because I'll be doing the picking)

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    faits wrote: »

It'll be JUST like picking sides for dodge ball in elementary school, only I won't get picked last (because I'll be doing the picking)

ProTip: Choose the group with the most lightweights for a better chance at winning an emblem
    How will late comers be sorted?

The same way. We just need to keep group size under control as much as possible. There's no rhyme or reason to the sorting other than keeping the group sizes somewhat even. Friends will still get to stay with friends and those nasty Slytherins will still be grouped accordingly.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    rustbucketrustbucket Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For some reason I read picking as "pickling", probably because that is exactly the state I hope to be in come 2am. I'm coming solo but hoping to make friends and influence people soon after. Please someone break the ice and talk to the Moby looking guy with the iphone and DS sticking out his pockets. Please?

rustbucket on
  • Options
    Rev. PhlegmRev. Phlegm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I understand it's a bit late in the game but I would like to join in. I am new to these forums but I have a couple forumite friends who are also in the crawl. I'll be in a, uh, street wizard costume.

Rev. Phlegm on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just because this thread keeps growing and I want people to know there are "options" which will meet up with the Drinking Tournament:

My female companion and I will be spending the evening, from about 9 - 12pm at Barca only. We're going to snag a table and have a little sign of some type on the table.

I'm hoping the Tournament competition swing by and say hi, hang out and let us know where you'll be during Pax. Anybody else is more than welcome to chill with us throughout the night...there will be a few Seattle-natives with us. Should be a good time.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hahahaha! I just noticed it says "squib" by my name. Should I bring a cat and glare angrily at people the whole time?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    NoChanc3NoChanc3 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me and a buddy are definitely in for this we were hoping to check out the bars around town so this is perfect.

We will be dressed as muggles.

NoChanc3 on
  • Options
    RosethornRosethorn Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I think a group of might enjoy the Pub Crawl portion of this. As much as I'd love to do the tournament ...

Rosethorn on
    Buy me a drink and guess a letter.
    _ ____ __ _____.
  • Options
    JinruJinru Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    haha! This sounds incredibly fun, I'll be able to meet up with everyone at the Metropolitan and join in the festivities, but I hope I won't be the only one without a robe and wizard hat :rotate:

Jinru on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Jinru wrote: »
    haha! This sounds incredibly fun, I'll be able to meet up with everyone at the Metropolitan and join in the festivities, but I hope I won't be the only one without a robe and wizard hat :rotate:

No hat/robe for me. I'm just gonna be "that guy with that wand," shoutin out things, saying stuff to people.

PS: My wand lights up and makes a sound. whoosh!

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If there's signup for the just-hanging-out-drinking part, then me + 1.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    angelkirieangelkirie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Add me +2 (a third is iffy). I think we'd prefer Group B but whatever!!! :)

angelkirie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Hahahaha! I just noticed it says "squib" by my name. Should I bring a cat and glare angrily at people the whole time?

If you'd like. :lol:

Just a side note to everyone: Don't worry about PMing me to signup. The participant is more of a guideline so I know what to expect. Even if you're not on the list feel free to show up but be aware that even now there aren't enough supplies to go around.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    If there's signup for the just-hanging-out-drinking part, then me + 1.

If this is directed at my thinger at Barca, no signup, just show up around 9 and look for the table with the sign.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Artic1Artic1 Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    A bit late, but my friend and I are in.

Artic1 on
This discussion has been closed.