As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FINAL BYOC INFO! ALL BYOC ATTENDEES PLEASE READ!

• ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but what's the line setup going to be like?

There will be a separate BYOC like last year correct?

That is my understanding, and BigRed is on record as having said we'll get in an hour early.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but what's the line setup going to be like?

There will be a separate BYOC like last year correct?

That is my understanding, and BigRed is on record as having said we'll get in an hour early.

He said that last year too... :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • SkorMTSkorMT Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    to add back to the headphones comments.. I've been using Logitech 980445-0403 USB Supra-aural Premium Notebook Headset

they have been working pretty well for me on my Asus laptop..

though a friends got the same pair on an alianware system and he does have to fight with them on occasion ..

but it can go USB or 3.5mm x2

SkorMT on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    He said that last year too... :P~
    In his defense, he did everything he could to make it happen.

And while I might stop short of going on record saying it -will- happen, we're certainly going to give it our best shot.

David Coffman on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Last year was also a completely new venue, and I'm sure there were confusions and mixups.

Remember the line was like in some random room? No one knew where anything was going etc.

I have faith.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im setting a cutoff date for goup seating stuff.

August 22nd will be the last date you will be able to get a group seat block.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh shiz...

Left4Dead is going to be playable.

I IMPLORE YOU TO GET SOME PC VERSIONS PLAYABLE SO WE CAN TRY THEM.

Apparently at liepzig they'll have the PC version and at PAX the 360. I just hope they have the pc version at pax too...

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    Oh shiz...

Apparently at liepzig they'll have the PC version and at PAX the 360. I just hope they have the pc version at pax too...

on a demo disc we can swipe...

sigh

goggles on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    FP says nothing...

will this lan have internet?

We have a fuckton of internet.

Hell yes. I love internet.

GeeCee on
  • ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ThePimpImp wrote: »
    So we have a group of 4 and while we will get a pod of 4 together, having pre arranged seating would be better. so if anybody would like to join our group of 4 to make at least 6, let me know. We tend to play trackmania nations, golf questionmark, flatout 2, deathball (first person sports mod for ut2k4), most byoc tourney games, and a lot of other random stuff (nhl 94 emulated anybody). Send me a PM or I check this thread pretty regularly.

BUMP

ThePimpImp on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So we have a group of 4 and while we will get a pod of 4 together, having pre arranged seating would be better. so if anybody would like to join our group of 4 to make at least 6, let me know. We tend to play trackmania nations, golf questionmark, flatout 2, deathball (first person sports mod for ut2k4), most byoc tourney games, and a lot of other random stuff (nhl 94 emulated anybody). Send me a PM or I check this thread pretty regularly.

BUMP

GRIND! there, byoc thread now contains both bumping and grinding ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    Oh shiz...

If Valve fails to have a playable PC Left 4 Dead, might we try hosting a Zombie Panic server?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    TEAM SEXY SCAVENGER 64 IS RECRUITING FOR SCAVENGER HUNT

Team sexy scavenger 64 consists of me and two of you

now accepting applications: please highlight your special skills and traits and talents.

also,

dudes only

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008
    Im setting a cutoff date for goup seating stuff.

August 22nd will be the last date you will be able to get a group seat block.

Hay guyz

Tomorrow is the last day to get seating requests in. So if there is somehow a group of 6+ who hasnt seen this thread yet... last chance.

after tomorrow im printing out all the lists of people and seating charts for enforcers who will be seating groups.

BigRed on
    edited August 2008
    FYI:

If you people forget a network cable there will be a limited number of spares for you to use (and return at teardown).

If you want to purchase a cable for your own use that you can take after pax, one of my enforcers will be maning a roll of cat6 cable with crimpers/ends/tester. We are just going to charge strictly for materials to save you guys the hastle of walking to the office depot for a (rape cost) cable if you really need to buy one.
    50cents a foot will be the cost for that

Far better than the $30 office depot will rape you for a 15ft cable eh? :wink:

BigRed on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'll also be packing a couple extra kitty 5e's.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited August 2008
    Alright, im just closing reserved seating now since I have too much stuff to take care of before pax and i have a free couple hours to compile final lists and print them out.

BigRed on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Come on no one is sitting next to me? I don't smell that bad... *Sniff sniff*

Okay fine so I do... so sue me.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey, for people that don't have TF2 on Steam, everyone who *does* have it has a free 2 (I think) day pass. When BYOC time comes around, it may be useful to ask if anyone has a pass left so you can join in.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited August 2008
    Come on no one is sitting next to me? I don't smell that bad... *Sniff sniff*

Okay fine so I do... so sue me.

I can shift the IRC group down so you have forumers to talk to :P

BigRed on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    You might as well, otherwise, those other two people are going to feel really awkward.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2008
    Okay, so my desktop decided to be lame on me, and I can't bring it. My father is loaning me his laptop for the trip (my dad is awesome)

My question is how do I find out what type of graphics card this laptop has so I can know what games I can and should get on it in the next 24 hours?

also, other than steam and icq any must have things i should dl immediatly?

lastly, laptop lock, since its not my comp, should i stll invst or will i be ok?

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008
    we should have some laptop locks available at pax for attendees to use (that is a *MAYBE* btw, no garuntees, ill try and get confirmation from the guy bringing them).

The one condition is you guys dont get the keycode for them, you will have to come grab me or one of my staff to get your lappy unlocked.

I will report back when I find out moar infos on that.

BigRed on
    edited August 2008
    do you really use icq still?

GeeCee on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LFG BYOC Scavenger Hunt. Have 2MP camera phone with 250 free texts (got this after I found out I somehow spent $20+ on texts last month. No Canuckians please.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited August 2008
    sorry i meant irc

when i was typing that my dad asked, "What is that like icq?"

must have typed it without knowing

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    No Canuckians please.

die in a fire

GeeCee on
    edited August 2008
    oh heres another question, my dad needs his laptop this weekend, so now im borrowing my moms

How badly am i going to be mocked when i hook up to the network with a computer named, "Alicia"?

The_Reflection on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oh heres another question, my dad needs his laptop this weekend, so now im borrowing my moms

How badly am i going to be mocked when i hook up to the network with a computer named, "Alicia"?

How will anyone know which physical computer is alicia? Reflect... is this a serious inquiry?

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2008
    oh, figured if i plaed a game with someone or got on the network, it would show the name of my comp hooking up or something.

This is my first lan situation ever

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008

Now we know who has the computer named Alicia. I will make fun of you at PAX :P
    oh, figured if i plaed a game with someone or got on the network, it would show the name of my comp hooking up or something.

This is my first lan situation ever

I think the only recent game that uses the computer name as your default game name is C&C3, otherwise you just pick what name you use in games.

BigRed on
    edited August 2008

Now we know who has the computer named Alicia. I will make fun of you at PAX :P

crap

The_Reflection on
    edited August 2008
    Alright guys. Im all packed up and shutting down for PAX. Heading to my hotel and such tomorrow for some hawt setup action.

2 things

1:
    for the most part 3rd party sales of BYOC tickets is shut down, if you happen to do the following BEFORE THURSDAY then you can still buy one from someone selling one. This is assuming you cant get the physical ticket stub from them before PAX. If you can do that you can skip the following (although doing the following will help me greatly)

IF YOU CANT GET THE PHYSICAL BROWN PAPER TICKETS STUB BEFORE PAX:

SELLER: Give the buyer the ticket # (Should be 100360 for example) and PM me (on these forums) your name/addy/phone you used to buy the ticket with. Also mention the handle of the guy who is buying it.

BUYER: PM me your name/addy/phone #, at the event bring your picture ID and the ticket #.

2:
    You guys need to go to the 4th floor north lobby (where the lineup was last year) to the BYOC ticket station there to get your BYOC badge.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
    the Brown paper tickets ticket stub (or know the ticket number)
    A PHOTO ID

present both those to the people working the BYOC badge desk and your shiny plastic BYOC pass will be given to you.

Then proceed to enter the skybridge and line up. Ill have 2 lines there. One line is for those who organized group seating with me before PAX. The other line is for those who didnt. They will be marked. Ill start yelling when its time to start seating the groups.
    Im seating groups first in a specific order to make things go quick and to minimize traffic. (hence no line :P)

You guys can lineup in teh BYOC line as early as 8am on friday.

See you all there :D

BigRed on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So....the scavenger hunt...hate to sound pathetic by asking for a group again, but I'd like to point out I was (trying to) being sarcastic about the "no canadians" thing, honest.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited August 2008
    Posting from the hotel after some pre-setup-setup action:

Just letting everyone know we should have (95% sure) 40 laptop locks that we can loan out.

Only cavet is that we have to secure your laptop and you have to come get us when you want t undone (the person loaning them to us requested that the code for them not be shared). But theres always someone on hand to unlock it for you.

BigRed on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    So....the scavenger hunt...hate to sound pathetic by asking for a group again, but I'd like to point out I was (trying to) being sarcastic about the "no canadians" thing, honest.

I'm not in a scavenger hunt team yet. Am great at camera phone photography and have unlimited texts. I also love Canadians.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be part of your team Mr. Garrison.

goggles on
    edited August 2008
    wewt, pc is setup and mostly ready to go, way ahead of schedule this year :D

BigRed on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yay! Thanks a million BigRed! See you tomorrow bright and early!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • SweetySweety Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't read through ALL of the threads... but don't forget to install and/or update your anti-virus software. Also... I'll bring my disk for SAV8.01 if anyone forgets and needs it.

See you guys tomorrow!! :P

Sweety on
This discussion has been closed.