As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canadian Supertrip 2008

12346»

• Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    greyhound crew is always looking for more members :D

Yes, yes we are. More is good. Hmmm, I guess I should've mentioned by now that I'm joining tr0tsky and the other greyhounders in the Thursday morning group.

If I see any of you waiting at the border when our bus skips the line I'll be sure to wave.

Missing out on the Gamestop waypoint is going to suck though.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yah, that was fun last year. Would be more fun this year now that I can actually play Guitar Hero at a (pseudo) acceptable level :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ill have my head decided tonight about the trip most likely. its only 26 bucks for a one way trip which is pretty awesome. but with the prepax meet up tonight and next week, who knows!?

delphinus on
  • Options
    AngrytofuAngrytofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For sure! I'd want to meet the people from Red Deer who are there sure we will have to know some people who know each other.

I'll be taking 830am amtrak bus on Friday morning ~ about 8 of us I know taking that one.

Angrytofu on
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    At Random - Apparently the Burlington Gamestop is more or less surrounded by t-mobile authorized dealers.... xD Wonder if I can get a prepaid SIM there...

Theros on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yah, that was fun last year. Would be more fun this year now that I can actually play Guitar Hero at a (pseudo) acceptable level :P

I feel like such an idiot. The thing I remember most about you (tr0tsky) from last year was when we were sitting at breakfast.. you looked at me and asked something about Game Stop. Then I proceeded to ignore you, thinking you were talking to someone else. Then once you got my attention, I said I never went to Game Stop... Finally a few hours later it clicked that these crazy americans have silly names for their EB games and that the whole time, I was really thinking that in saying Game stop, you were referring to Game Works.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    hahaha...I seem to recall you being somewhat confused :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whoo greyhound crew

parabola on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im hoping to get in on this super trip next year when I can drive. This year Im lame and taking the clipper on Thursday,

magiic on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well....
    looks like im taking the bus!

delphinus on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    More bus people is a good thing.

parabola on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dan and Dallas peaced out at the last minute. You can remove them from the Roster (they are listed with Yuritau. Thanks. :)

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Theros wrote: »
    At Random - Apparently the Burlington Gamestop is more or less surrounded by t-mobile authorized dealers.... xD Wonder if I can get a prepaid SIM there...

I believe it costs $10 and lasts for 90 days.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sumi: done and done.

I've made the administrative decision to remove the Delta, BC waypoint. There was nobody coming from Vancouver Island to meet there, nor anyone from Surrey/Delta, so I scrapped the stop.

I'll be PM'ing my cell # to all confirmed group leaders, so that I can be notified of any schedule delays. If possible, I'd like to have a number for all group leaders as well, so I can notify them of any last minute schedule changes enroute. Chances are there won't be any of those, but shit happens. We'll be trying to stick to this itinerary and route as much as possible, but there's sometimes unforeseen things that happen. If anything, we'd really just be trying to shave time off where possible. We're looking at pulling into the WSCTC at 3:30pm on Thursday, but it's entirely possible that we'll be early.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The 2008 Canadian Supertrip Master Guidebook of Legendary Scroll Wisdom is available. It contains the Schedule and Waypoint info for both branches, as well as the directions provided by GoogleMaps. I would recommend printing a copy.

Download the 2008 Canadian Supertrip Master Guide here

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    file not found?

edit: works now.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fellow Canadians!

Have a good drive to Seattle! May the Force be with you!

May your gas tanks flow with beer and your tires be as soft as donuts.

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    file not found?

edit: works now.

I was tired, mis-linked the file. I'm still tired.

b0wser on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oops, I guess I should have said this earlier. Since noone else contacted me looking for a ride, I'm not going to be coming down with the supertrip this year.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    SleeperSleeper Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Hiya, due to a misfortunate turn of events, DeadlySherpa and I will be running around 3-4 hours late. We will try our best to catch up. Just a heads up for Healthpack and the other person riding with us. Sorry guys.

Sleeper on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    FUCK YEAH SUPERTRIP!

I'm already thinking about the planning for next year, everyone. I think the trip went pretty well this year, aside from where we broke up a bit on the highway. When I handed the waiver slips over to Hicks, we had 21 signed, one from every person at the GameStop-- we conquered that place pretty well, I'd say! I'm hoping that we will continue to grow in 2009, with more groups at every waypoint.

I'll have more to put in this post once I get some more sleep.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The bus worked out pretty well, imo. We had 10 people on that (would've been 11, but 1 only had his DL, not his birth certificate :P), played some Tetris and watched some PAX '07 DVD. Customs went pretty fast, even though some random guy on our bus didn't get back on when we left US Customs...he's probably in Guantanamo or something by now.

Although, I was pretty surprised at how "tame" the border looked both on the way down and the way back up. I guess Labour Day weekend isn't really *that* big a deal, and the next few years PAX won't overlap with Labour Day anyway. How was it driving through?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When we got to Sumas, we had maybe a ten minute wait, if that. It took about 15 minutes to get from Castle Fun Park to the Sumas regrouping point, I was so stoked. Aside from Dan not really driving in a "leading a convoy" manner on the highway, the drive went decently for us. I think that I'll be looking into getting a set of radios to use, although I'm not sure how many or how much it would cost for enough units.

I'm going to also point out for everyone to stick to the printed directions next year, disabling navigation units once we approach Seattle. They tend to shit bricks once you're getting into Seattle proper, and as a result we got broken up for the main arrival. I don't think that Hicks got the sort of arrival footage he was looking for, but I think there'll be at least a little bit of something that could be used for the DVD. I'm hoping that the 2008 DVD will create more interest in the Supertrip for 2009, and I'd like to get more footage of the whole trip.

The Bus Group is an important facet to the Supertrip, as this year has proven. Chartering a bus and filling it would be the ultimate bus trip, and it would be really bitchin' if that could happen in the future. I also think that the Pre-PAX Vancouver events, and potentially a nice big Supertrip meal/get together during the weekend sometime could take a stronger role within the whole plan for next year.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    hm...chartering a bus would be pimp. Wonder how much that costs.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    b0wser wrote: »
    I also think that the Pre-PAX Vancouver events, and potentially a nice big Supertrip meal/get together during the weekend sometime could take a stronger role within the whole plan for next year.

I agree with you there. Scheduling something during PAX may end up being a bit hectic but as far as the Pre-PAX Vancouver stuff goes you can count on at the very least a second annual PAX FTW (For the Wings) Night and another Jimz Gaming Lounge Night.

Other than that there are a ton of things that we can add to the Pre-PAX Van Party. Among them I discovered its surprisingly cheap to rent out a movie theatre in this city, which could allow us to do a full blown Pre-PAX movie earlier in the week, where we pick the movie and no one gets kicked out of the theatre.
    hm...chartering a bus would be pimp. Wonder how much that costs.

It would cost around this much 8-)

AbsintheMinded on
This discussion has been closed.