As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Registering iphone visa/mastercard entry (skippable?)

GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
I'm in the process of setting up the first of what are many iphones for people at work.

One of the steps on registration is to enter credit card details. Is there any way to skip this bit?

Help me PA, you're my only hope.

PSN | Steam
---
I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
GrimReaper on

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you're setting them up for an enterprise/business I think you're supposed to go through your carrier for that. You've got to set up a business account from what I've heard.

My "source" (haha) on that is from this Macworld article. This specific snippet:
    Macworld wrote:
    Activation and iTunes

One of the first steps in deploying the iPhone in any environment is the activation process. This involves both the purchase and business account setup, which is done in concert with AT&T in the U.S. or with other carriers in other countries where the iPhone is sold. Working with a carrier directly makes sense for developing necessary business plans, and it’s required for any business iPhone activation, whether you’re from a mom-and-pop operation or a big company.

As with any GSM smart phone, activation requires associating a SIM card with a business account and a specific phone number. This is handled by the carrier, which may provide already-active SIM cards (much like the in-store activation for consumers), or you may need to activate the iPhone after inserting the SIM card and before deployment.

The specific route you take will depend on both the carrier and whether you’re re-using existing SIM cards. In general, assume that you will need iTunes to activate the iPhone, particularly if you’re buying more than a handful.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, we do have a business account. The SIM's themselves don't need activating through itunes at all. Pop in the sim, charge up the iphone.. hey presto it works.

The problem is every time an iphone gets connected itunes prompts the user about registration, the last step being entering credit card details for itunes. I'll give our account handler a call tomorrow then.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.