As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

• geoffhomgeoffhom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In hindsight, maybe this could have been co-coordinated/promoted with the cross-country super trip? Aren't all of them arriving Thur afternoon? Too bad they probably don't have Internet access right now. Well, just an idea for next year.

Thank you two for all your hard work. I have some idea of how hard it is to organize an event this large; definitely a lot of time and energy.

----

I am also interested in carpooling Thur; I live in Lake City. FYI, I also want to pick my badge up at Will Call on Thursday evening. You can reach me at geoffhom@gmail.

geoffhom on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky and some other CCST'ers are coming. I'm sure most of them knew about it, but a lot of them are too tired to leave their hotels after the trip.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone on the supertrip likely is going or at least knows about the dinner, there are plenty of people going afaik.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited August 2008
    We're at 193 and only an hour and 15 minutes to go...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Final Pre-PAX 2008 Dinner Count: 194 fellow PAXers!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! What an amazing zero-hour effort! :) We didn't quite hit 200, but we're close enough. Registration is now closed, but we'll be working hard in the background to make sure tomorrow night will be an awesome way to kick off the PAX weekend!

Remember to bring your photo IDs with you as we'll check your names against a list. I'll send out a reminder email tonight. Anyone with changes to tickets should notify me ASAP.

Thank you and goodnight! 8-)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sweet, I'm so excited to see everyone there.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I plan on being (probably) the only person there in a suit and tie. I figure, I JUST got it dry cleaned, I really shouldn't let it go to waste collecting dust while I ignore it for another 6-8 months. I can't wait to see you all there. It will be a great time to be had by all.

That_Guy on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I plan on being (probably) the only person there in a suit and tie. I figure, I JUST got it dry cleaned, I really shouldn't let it go to waste collecting dust while I ignore it for another 6-8 months. I can't wait to see you all there. It will be a great time to be had by all.

I was going to bring the suit but not the tie.

194 is pretty good work... Not quite 200 but still close enough.

parabola on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I finally managed to convince my friend who is staying with me to come, so we're a couple of the last minute registrants. I can't wait now!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited as all hell! I'm coming down with 3 other people, and I can't fricken wait!

BTW, sorry if this has been answered already, but will there be people checking bags or anything like that? cuz I'll have a backpack with a laptop, camera, DS, camcorder, tripod, etc... Gotta get that Chris Taylor keynote on film!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey.
    The dinner is today, and I finished my Saren mask to accompany Vthornhearts Wrex mask.

It's not that good, but it works.
    2008082802122lp0.jpg

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Fran GoatFran Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Great to hear Bioware will be attending. This years PAX will be amazing.

Fran Goat on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bioware AND Valve.

parabola on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I cannot wait for the dinner, it's going to be epic. See you all there!

My mum is unable to volunteer for the set up now, she has to return our rental car, but I'll be there still.

LewieP on
  • TekuTeku Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    This is going to be a awesome weekend and dinner.

Teku on
    A&G Ohio 2009

Next Convention:
    PAX
    A&G Ohio 2009
  • AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I board my flight in 5 hours. Can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!!

Aliasunknown on
    edited August 2008
    I'm excited! I'll see you guys at the Dinner.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
    edited August 2008
    I'm trying not to collapse into a twitching, writhing mass of mixed excitement and apprehension. Note to self: choosing a venue that you can see from your office and going to work the same day as the event is not a good thing for your mental condition.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just got to my hotel, I can't wait for dinner. The 3 hour time difference from the east coast is messing with me though...feels like 5 but it's only 2. I think I'll need a snack to tide me over.

See everyone at dinner!

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StomStom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wanted to ask someone who has been to this before - how crucial is it to get there on time? I have another commitment that just shifted to coincide with the start of the dinner. I don't want to miss much, but if I can buy even 15 minutes to help smooth things over, I need to. If I need to be there for every second, I can make that arrangement too. Advice?

Stom on
    Doug "Stom" Hill
    Game Designer - Black Lantern Studios
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd just like to give a big thanks to ET, Astayonix, all the volunteers, Bioware, Chris Taylor, Kim Swift, VTThornheart, and everyone else involved with this wonderful event.

It certainly didn't dissapoint and was a nice way for me to unwind after having what was up till then a very shitty day (one of my connecting flights was delayed and my luggage is lost somewhere between here and Denver. Looks like I'm buying a new outfit and some toiletries early in the morning tomorrow, oh yea! D: )

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want to know if it has waggle!

o_O

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I want to know if it has waggle!

o_O

Is waggle good?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Stom wrote: »
    I wanted to ask someone who has been to this before - how crucial is it to get there on time? I have another commitment that just shifted to coincide with the start of the dinner. I don't want to miss much, but if I can buy even 15 minutes to help smooth things over, I need to. If I need to be there for every second, I can make that arrangement too. Advice?
    Hope you worked it out. I myself was an hour late, but was fine.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • MacCartneyMacCartney Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hey.. i found the thread!! lol

MacCartney on
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, that was awesome. Thanks Astayonix and ElectricTurtle for a great kickoff to PAX weekend!
    And thanks again everybody I got a button from!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pre-PAX Dinner: Huge Success! <3

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Amazing and a half. Thank you so much and it was so awesome to meet everyone. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Very awesome dinner! Thanks to all who stuck around and helped clean up afterwards; it would have been a tall order for just the original volunteers :-P

In other news, who all is cruising the forums from the Sheraton lobby? :-D Hint: this guy is!

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I feel bad. I kinda ditched out on cleaning up, though I did help set up. I needed to give BA a ride though, and she and her boyfriend are like super-VIP Omegathon awesome winnars.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just got back, it was an amazing event! I'll post pics later when my laptop stops failing :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i loved the dinner, all together, i got 65 buttons.. i cant wait for the rest of the weekend!

Rayman on
  • MacCartneyMacCartney Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oops, that was me on my dads account. my bad :P

MacCartney on
    edited August 2008
    I got 31 buttons (not including my own) This is also how you will find me through-out the rest of PAX.
    IMG_1322.jpg

Uploading the rest of them to my Photobucket account right now, first 50 are up, rest on the way. They're not the greatest quality, but I had a camcorder on my tripod the entire time (yes that was my tripod sitting in the middle of my table) and recording pretty much the entire thing.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited August 2008
    The Dinner was great, keynote was amazing. Big thanks to Electric Turtle and Astrayonyx, as well as to everyone who showed up.

Managed to snag a fair amount of pins at the dinner, though I missed a few there like Sumi since I was going table to table just before the keynote started. Hopefully you guys save me a few.

Fran Goat on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    great show, just got back from the pub crawl, and it was all around a great night.

btw, special thanks to electricturtle for the great cardboard tube, much nicer than the one I brought!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky and some other CCST'ers are coming. I'm sure most of them knew about it, but a lot of them are too tired to leave their hotels after the trip.

he wasn't there!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited August 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

he wasn't there!

Crap I was looking all over for him. Should have known. Were any CCST'ers actually there?

Fran Goat on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FANTASTIC dinner, it was really good meeting you all! Man, what a BLAST! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2008
    ahh yes it was indeed epic, really nice meeting everybody, especially Chris Taylor! And Moe was at the dinner, I got his button there! Anyway, gotta get up in about 3-4 hours, might as well try and get some sleep.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.