As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New to PAX? Read this first and ask questions here

1262728293032»

• Options
    ToemanToeman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    will call is only if you bought tickets but didnt recieve them in the mal, or if you bought them after the august first deadline.

Im sure you are talking about just buying a ticket day of. No they wont sell out.

Yeah, i meant to say day of :)

Toeman on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You can bet we're not going to max out the WSCTC... this year...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    yomondo77yomondo77 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thank you ElactricTurtle :) cant wait see u guys there ( I will be mostly at Gears 2 and microsoft stuff) Hehe :p

yomondo77 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Does Bank of America exist in Seattle?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Will the custom PAX08 consoles be available for purchase, or are they just for Omegathon?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Does Bank of America exist in Seattle?

You tell me

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blargh. I feel like I shall miss a fair amount of the private parties, as I'm not twenty one. I really don't care about drinking, all my friends are of age, but I probably won't even be able to go to any of those things. *head desk* I'll be twenty on 08/30.. but that helps me not at all. *siiigh* :x

MeeOk on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, there's food courts in the convention center, right?

Yes, but the lines are HUGE. You're better off walking somewhere.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    LemanRuss666LemanRuss666 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hi I was just wondering where the Queue Room, Main Theatre, Raven Theatre, Walrus Theatre, Wolfman

Theatre, Serpent Theatre, Handheld Lounge B, and the Handheld Lounge A/C are also were would the

Console Freeplay, Tabletop Freeplay, PC Freeplay be held

thx for your help

LemanRuss666 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hi I was just wondering where the Queue Room, Main Theatre, Raven Theatre, Walrus Theatre, Wolfman

Theatre, Serpent Theatre, Handheld Lounge B, and the Handheld Lounge A/C are also were would the

thx for your help

Pages 10-11

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LemanRuss666LemanRuss666 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thx again

LemanRuss666 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheElk801TheElk801 Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I had to register to ask this, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I pre-pre-registered my ticket and got it in the mail when everyone else did. Problem is, I'm in Seattle now and I accidentally left my pass at home in Connecticut. I was wondering if there was some way for me to get another one before the convention starts so I don't have to shell out 50 dollars for a new one. I have multiple proofs of purchase, but I'm not sure who to contact about this.

Please help!

TheElk801 on
  • Options
    lincicomelincicome Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I missed my chance to pre purchase my tickets. Am I still safe to get my tickets? i will be there plenty early to pick up my tickets if so. when is the earliest i can purchase my pass at the show?

lincicome on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lincicome wrote: »
    I missed my chance to pre purchase my tickets. Am I still safe to get my tickets? i will be there plenty early to pick up my tickets if so. when is the earliest i can purchase my pass at the show?

Theres already numerous answers to this in the forums ;)

Yes you can buy tickets Day off. Registration will be open friday morning.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

thx for your help

1) It is not strictly necessary to double-space and wrap your post.
    2) You'll get a map and schedule when you enter PAX

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    geoffhomgeoffhom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know there are bracelets for the concerts, but what about other big events, like the Ken Levine keynote? What is the policy (either formal or informal) on friends holding spots in line? In particular, I wanted to check out the Exhibit Hall until maybe 4 pm, while my friends are in line for the keynote.

I apologize if this was already asked. I didn't see it in the FAQ, and I didn't know how to efficiently search through 50 pages of replies.

geoffhom on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    geoffhom wrote: »
    I know there are bracelets for the concerts, but what about other big events, like the Ken Levine keynote? What is the policy (either formal or informal) on friends holding spots in line? In particular, I wanted to check out the Exhibit Hall until maybe 4 pm, while my friends are in line for the keynote.

I apologize if this was already asked. I didn't see it in the FAQ, and I didn't know how to efficiently search through 50 pages of replies.

The #1 rule of PAX, as stated so eloquently by our keynote speaker last year, is "Don't be a Dick". Let this maxim guide you.

Houn on
  • Options
    WifflebatWifflebat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    TheElk801 wrote: »

I pre-pre-registered my ticket and got it in the mail when everyone else did. Problem is, I'm in Seattle now and I accidentally left my pass at home in Connecticut. I was wondering if there was some way for me to get another one before the convention starts so I don't have to shell out 50 dollars for a new one. I have multiple proofs of purchase, but I'm not sure who to contact about this.

Please help!

Hello fellow forgetful soul. I did this in 2006 and was able to get a replacement from the will-call line day-of. Good luck to you.

Wifflebat on
  • Options
    geoffhomgeoffhom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    The #1 rule of PAX, as stated so eloquently by our keynote speaker last year, is "Don't be a Dick". Let this maxim guide you.
    Good advice. I had read that in the guide, and I must have just thought to myself, "Well, I'm such a nice guy, I've naturally got that covered." I'll try to apply Rule #1 more intently. Thank you.

geoffhom on
  • Options
    kawgarikawgari Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ok, So tomorrow I will arrive. Now, do I need to go anywhere special to get in? or do I just 'go in' any of the entrances? I know they used to have lanyards? (the thingies that go around your neck), do we get those at the door? Do we even need them?

kawgari on
    Rule 34....no exceptions.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Walk in the main entrance out front - that area is open to the public, so you can head in there at any time. If you are arriving before the show, then you'll want to head upstairs (escalator) to (I believe) the third floor. From there head through the large doorway to your left and the room where everyone lines up in will be on your left (if it's like last year, the will-call booth will be on your right, but you can ignore that).

Everyone in line will be given stuff, and that'll include a lanyard.

If you are not arriving before the show, you can just walk in, make sure your pass is visible, there will be security outside every PAX area checking passes. Not sure how you'd get a lanyard then, but there always seems to be at least one booth at these events giving out lanyards.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    kawgarikawgari Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I dont have my pass quite yet, but tonight I'm meeting with someone from Craigslist. Now I am very paranoid about stuff like this. I mean, whats stopping that person from just giving me something he photocopied from kinkos! How can I tell that I'm getting an official pass?

kawgari on
    Rule 34....no exceptions.
  • Options
    GameOver!GameOver! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just to make sure: When I show up tomorrow do I need anything besides by badge, or will that be enough to get me in? I get sort of scared that for some reason Ill be denied enterance when I do stuff like this..

GameOver! on
  • Options
    TheElk801TheElk801 Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Wifflebat wrote: »
    TheElk801 wrote: »

Please help!

Hello fellow forgetful soul. I did this in 2006 and was able to get a replacement from the will-call line day-of. Good luck to you.

Really? Awesome! I hope the will call line isn't as long...

TheElk801 on
  • Options
    EtheallmightyEtheallmighty Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Ok so say I want to walk in there the day that I go (Sunday), find the "place" :) where you get tickets, buy them, and enjoy!

what would be my route to take after I come in the front/main entrance? (ex: take left, go up elevator,etc.)

also, seeing videos like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRK9mRDIle0&feature=related

is there always a giant line outside like this/ what is it for? I just want to know so that when I want to buy my tickets the day of, if I
    A: walk in (past) a big line like this and into some other ticket booth room, or
    B:if this is that line, or
    C: this is THEE main line that everyone must pass in order to enter the greatness that is PAX :) no matter which day you go/time

thanks, and sry if I sound clueless

Etheallmighty on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually, none of that was outdoors. The front of the line at that point was in the hallway on the third floor (it's just lit real well there with plenty of windows and plants), and then it stretched into the line room. And I think that's only on the first day (Friday) that it's that bad.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    PureSinnPureSinn Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Can you go Friday morning and pick up passes for Saturday?

PureSinn on
  • Options
    kniggeknigge Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm thinking of showing up at 1 today. Do you guys think I'll be able to get a bracelet for the concert? Or is that shit insanely packed by then?

*edit*
    Nevermind. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

knigge on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm in line with my laptop and can't browse the forums easily - I'm looking for somewhere where I can trade in a game to buy the Rock Band drums. From what I understand, this is either EB/GameStop, Game Crazy, or an independent. Can anyone recommend a place/provide directions?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    westlake center is pine and 4th i think.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    kenpachisankenpachisan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know if anyone can fix this but I bought 2 t-shirts at the stand and I asked for 3x for both, the black guy on the cash side gave me a 2x pax08 shirt... I want my 3x shirt who can fix this for me considering this was not my fault since he knew it was 3x because my other shirt was 3x. He was just being lazy... I'm beyond pissed. The ONE thing that I got from pax that I was happy about and it too was worthless to me... Can someone from PAX make this right please? I live in Seattle and work downtown if i could come swap it somewhere... or get it mailed to me.

kenpachisan on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know if anyone can fix this but I bought 2 t-shirts at the stand and I asked for 3x for both, the black guy on the cash side gave me a 2x pax08 shirt... I want my 3x shirt who can fix this for me considering this was not my fault since he knew it was 3x because my other shirt was 3x. He was just being lazy... I'm beyond pissed. The ONE thing that I got from pax that I was happy about and it too was worthless to me... Can someone from PAX make this right please? I live in Seattle and work downtown if i could come swap it somewhere... or get it mailed to me.

Whoa, chill dude. Never assume malice where mistake will suffice. Most likely, there was just a 2x in the 3x stack, because really, the lazy move is to grab two shirts off the 3x stack. So lay off with the accusations, I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

That said, bitching on the forums won't help this one. You should probably send a polite e-mail to Khoo or the like. I'm not really sure who's the optimal contact on this one. Anyone have a thought?

Houn on
This discussion has been closed.