As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2nd annual Thursday pre-PAX drunkard extravaganza @ Shorty's!!

13»

• Options
    rustbucketrustbucket Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not to distract from the task at hand (drinking) but what games are people packing for this fine evening? I don't want to be the dork in the corner waiting for someone to play the new space invaders on psp. Which I will totally play. Just saying.

Also I'll be there at 7 if anyone wants to start early. Look for the guy that resembles my avatar, 'cause ummm, well that's me.

rustbucket on
  • Options
    MordoredMordored Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Count me in for this. I've been many of times to this fine establishment and would consider it an honor to hang wif PAX peeps.

Mordored on
    I lick toads. Nuff said!
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be there 10-ish, maybe later. Bringing my DS with TWEWY, Brain Age (love sudoku), and puzzlequest. I answer to Steve if you look for me.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    rustbucket wrote: »
    Not to distract from the task at hand (drinking) but what games are people packing for this fine evening? I don't want to be the dork in the corner waiting for someone to play the new space invaders on psp. Which I will totally play. Just saying.

Also I'll be there at 7 if anyone wants to start early. Look for the guy that resembles my avatar, 'cause ummm, well that's me.

Oh bummer...i bought Space Invaders for the bf a couple weeks ago on DS so rest assured he'll bring it. You might have to pry him from the old school arcade game tho =P Thanks for the reminder to pick upa roll of quarters - you can find me by the pinball machine, esp my favorite - The Addams Family.

Myself I'll be bringing all like 10 games I have, from Brain Age, Super Mario, and Animal Crossing to Final Fantasy and Ouendan (which I havent even played yet! I know - sadsauce...)

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll be packing the following, and I suck at pretty much all of them:

Mr Driller
    Meteos
    Advance Wars Dual Strike (that's gotta be a tough one to play drunk in a crowded bar)
    Mario Kart
    Puzzle Quest
    Geometry Wars
    Mario Party
    World Ends with you

I don't really have much on my PSP that's multiplayer friendly so I guess I'll just leave it in the hotel for this excursion. That and I'm already running out of pockets what with the DS, phone and Camera.

rustbucket on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    excellent. i'll be there around 7:30ish. I sport big sideburns and will be wearing my "I <GODZILLA> TOKYO" shirt. be sure and say hi and get your collectible drunkard button.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, I think I will try to make it to this. Was bummed that I couldn't get a hotel (have to pay for things much quicker then planned for), but I can drive up to Downtown to hang and and have a couple drinks. I'll bring a decent selection of wares, but I'm not far in anything :(

And Advance Wars would be interesting...

The_Saves on
    Ummm...
  • Options
    RogueTakahashiRogueTakahashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    um... may i attend, if that is ok? :O i dun know anybody but sure would love to met you all :D

RogueTakahashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    um... may i attend, if that is ok? :O i dun know anybody but sure would love to met you all :D

by all means, come hang with us. this shindig is open to all.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    RogueTakahashiRogueTakahashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    looks like i might not be able to, paycheck won't reg in my bank till tomorrow :P

RogueTakahashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    w00t! We are all checked in and stuff. Expect us, oh, within the hour?

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    what a turnout! great meeting you guys, i think we did manage to take a few pictures and we'll post them somewhere when we get the chance.

be sure and say hi if you bump into us over the weekend. I'll be wearing my drunkard button.

now if you excuse me, i need some pain killers asap!

Misterioso on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It was supremely excellent as always. Big shout-outs to our new friends from Chicago: Shannon, Chris, Liz, and Freedom!

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey, we were there at about midnight, but didn't really see organized geekery. :(

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    did you at least meet some other paxers there?

by midnight all organization was out of the window. most people had a good buzz going and started doing their own thing, pinball, more bars, dicks drive in, etc.

oh yeah, big thanks to the peeps from Kongregate for showing up and representing themselves. what were those shots called again? :)

Misterioso on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm, we were mostly in the back room around that time (midnight), but left for Dick's within 20min. The Chicago crew decided to leave, and I think Steve was around a bit after that.

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Had a great time as well, discussing the finer points of STALKER over beer was a blast and I can ever get past that whole "you look like Denis Dyak" thing (just don't ban me from everything). Already looking forward to the 3rd annual extravaganza next year!

rustbucket on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    rustbucket wrote: »
    Had a great time as well, discussing the finer points of STALKER over beer was a blast and I can ever get past that whole "you look like Denis Dyak" thing (just don't ban me from everything). Already looking forward to the 3rd annual extravaganza next year!

shit. so that's why they wouldn't let us into the keynote...i won't stand so close to you next time.

hey, i think there is a line forming somewhere out there that is waiting for you. hurry! go! go!

Misterioso on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some friends and I decided to go, but we ended up driving (and then walking) around for about 20 minutes and couldn't find the damn place! Eventually we just gave up, because we suck. But I think we're going to try again this weekend (or next, I'm still a bit sick).

Is there anyone left in Seattle who would like to meet up with us?

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.