As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Obama Thread: Palindrome

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I actually like Condi, I don't think she's quite as obviously a shill and/or generally horrible person as most Republicans

Except for assuring the US and the world that Iraq had nuclear missiles targeted and ready to fire at Disney World and the Mall of America, and our only choice was to bomb them further back into the stone age.

That was the black guy who was given that responsibility actually.

No, they all basically said Iraq was a clear, imminent, and immediate threat. Granted Saddam was an asshole and Iraq is a hell hole of anti-americanism, but to say it was a threat is just absurd.

I'll see if I can find the Daily Show clip where Condie said "Nobody ever said 'imminent threat' about Iraq" and they link dozens of clips with synonyms of imminent and threat spoken by all the major players. Then they find two or three with imminent. The look on John Stewart's face is hilarious.

Hunter on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    2ecgp7c.jpg

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Deacon needs a new hobby besides being a secret nagger

But I'm pretty open about my race (can someone ban weaver please)

Strawman

Oh wait you said nagger.

Disregard (it was late)

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Deacon's down with the OPP.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • canemaquiluscanemaquilus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Deacon needs a new hobby besides being a secret nagger

But I'm pretty open about my race (can someone ban weaver please)

Strawman

Oh wait you said nagger.

Disregard (it was late)

Aha!
    Just like that south park episode.

canemaquilus on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    McCain is expected to announce his VP pick tonight. I hope it's not Romney.

God damn mormons.

It's a perfect fit. Romney's 7 wives can go chill in McCain's 7 houses.

Marathon on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »
    2ecgp7c.jpg

Dammit. I have to go back to pokemopolis and apologize AGAIN for spreading that

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL768040420080828
    Putin accuses U.S. of provoking Georgia crisis

DUSHANBE/PARIS (Reuters) - Russia faced increased diplomatic isolation over its military action against Georgia on Thursday, with its Asian allies failing to offer support and France saying EU leaders were considering sanctions.

Moscow accused the West of heightening tension by a naval build-up in the Black Sea, and said talk of punishing Russia for recognizing the independence of two breakaway Georgian regions was the product of a "sick" and "confused" imagination.

Russia's powerful Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said in a CNN interview he suspected someone in the United States had provoked the Georgia conflict to make the situation more tense and create "a competitive advantage for one of the candidates fighting for the post of U.S. president." He did not elaborate.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Putin's allegations were "patently false" and the U.S. State Department said it was "ludicrous" for the Russians to say they were not responsible for what had happened in Georgia.

Moscow has defied pressure from the United States and European powers to pull out of Georgia and looked east to its Asian allies, including China, for support at a regional summit.

The grouping, meeting in the Tajik capital Dushanbe, repeated a regular call for the "respect of territorial integrity" and did not follow Russia's lead on recognizing the two breakaway regions of Georgia.

Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko, Russia's closest ex-Soviet ally, said the Kremlin "had no other moral choice but to" recognize the Georgian regions. Russian agencies quoted his ambassador to Moscow as saying Minsk could soon follow suit, but the embassy later said his comments had been misinterpreted.

The crisis flared early this month when Georgian forces tried to retake the separatist province of South Ossetia and Russia launched an overwhelming counter-attack.

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »
    2ecgp7c.jpg

dude

awesome

:awesome:, even

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BT29594-2T.jpg

obamafags lol

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Obama God! Democrats build a temple for Barack

By Peter Mckay In Denver

Last updated at 7:08 PM on 28th August 2008

Barack Obama was mocked in the American press today for making the most important speech of his life on a set decked out like a Greek temple.

Finally nominated as the first black candidate for the US presidency, he moved the Democratic Party Convention from the conference hall to an 80,000-seater football stadium for his landmark address.

His challenge was to turn his trademark soaring rhetoric into simple ideas to improve the lives of hard-pressed American families - but the Greek pillars of his backdrop prompted ridicule before he stood up to speak.

Republican spokesman Danny Daz called the set -– designed by Britney Spears’ concert team -– ‘the Temple of Obama’ and observed sarcastically: ‘It’s only appropriate that Barack Obama would descend from the Heavens and spend a little time with us mere mortals.
    article1050017027298b70cu6.jpg

mcp on
    edited August 2008
    It's not like he was going for the neo-classical look of FUCKING DOWN TOWN WASHINGTON D.C. YOU STUPID FUCKS.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • canemaquiluscanemaquilus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Besides arn't us democrats godless communists anyways?

Get your party slurs in a line guys.

canemaquilus on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Callius wrote: »
    It's not like he was going for the neo-classical look of FUCKING DOWN TOWN WASHINGTON D.C. YOU STUPID FUCKS.

if there's one thing your average American loves, it's Washington D.C.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Well, LD, this is an election to send a person to Washington, D.C. where their home and job locations will both be done in that style.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah I mean can you believe they thought that would be a tourist spot? Between the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, and the Smithsonian so much money has been wasted. :(

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited August 2008
    Zoel wrote: »
    Yeah I mean can you believe they thought that would be a tourist spot? Between the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, and the Smithsonian so much money has been wasted. :(
    Are you high?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zoel wrote: »
    Are you high?

Echoing.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
    edited August 2008
    Well, LD, this is an election to send a person to Washington, D.C. where their home and job locations will both be done in that style.

If you want to appeal to the common "boo I hate them fat-cats in Washington" voter, especially as the candidate billed as the antithesis of "politics as usual", it might not be the best aesthetic to emphasize.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008

If you want to appeal to the common "boo I hate them fat-cats in Washington" voter, especially as the candidate billed as the antithesis of "politics as usual", it might not be the best aesthetic to emphasize.

Unless you're also trying to battle the "are they ready to lead" bullshit. It seems to me to be an obvious bid to show him in a regal (in the american sense of the word) setting which will demonstrate that he is ready to assume that role.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

But remember, he already has that vote. He doesn't need to worry about it. The vote he's still worried about capturing is from the people who don't think he's ready or able to handle the job.

scarlet ave. on
    edited August 2008

But remember, he already has that vote. He doesn't need to worry about it. The vote he's still worried about capturing is from the people who don't think he's ready or able to handle the job.

I disagree that he has those votes captured, and don't think switching to the complete opposite aesthetic is going to do him any favors with either camp.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008
    I disagree that he has those votes captured, and don't think switching to the complete opposite aesthetic is going to do him any favors with either camp.
    Would it be better to have his speech on a soiled couch with a bunch of PBR cans littered around it?

You know, identify with the common man and all that.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited August 2008
    what is the fallacy where you portray it as being an 'either/or' situation

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
    edited August 2008
    Are you saying that we're allowed to have soiled couches in our greco-roman temples!?

FUCK YES! I'MMA GET ME A VESTAL VIRGIN!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited August 2008
    what is the fallacy where you portray it as being an 'either/or' situation

false dichotomy?

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited August 2008
    Would it be better to have his speech on a soiled couch with a bunch of PBR cans littered around it?

You know, identify with the common man and all that.

Seems like a nice stage with an assload of American flags on it would have worked fine.
    I'm just saying I can see how the set design could be interpreted* negatively.

* replace with misinterpreted/spun as your political affiliation may require

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008
    Seems like a nice stage with an assload of American flags on it would have worked fine.
    I'm just saying I can see how the set design could be interpreted* negatively.

* replace with misinterpreted/spun as your political affiliation may require
    anime-celebrity.jpg

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what that means and I refuse to answer the question.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008

Something like 45% of his contributions came from individuals contributing less than $200. The number is about 25% for McCain. Moreover, the total amount of contributions to Obama's campaign was over twice as large as McCain's last I checked. That indicates that -- given that the election system is (essentially) two-party -- Obama has the middle class, "boo I hate them fat-cats in Washington" vote captured.

scarlet ave. on
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what that means and I refuse to answer the question.
    tom-cruise-anime.jpg

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited August 2008
    scarlet ave. on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    UMA, NO

Meissnerd on
    edited August 2008

Something like 45% of his contributions came from individuals contributing less than $200. The number is about 25% for McCain. Moreover, the total amount of contributions to Obama's campaign was over twice as large as McCain's last I checked. That indicates that -- given that the election system is (essentially) two-party -- Obama has the middle class, "boo I hate them fat-cats in Washington" vote captured.

that is a big jump of logic

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
    edited August 2008

He doesn't have shit captured until November 4th.

lol more like december bush 2000 lol dur

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008
    I want a fucking prize

Threadbare Sock where is my prize

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited August 2008
    is.. is Callius broken?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited August 2008
    I think I am.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited August 2008
    what

what did i do

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
    edited August 2008
    Lord dave you should quit posting in 19 posts

what

what did i do

I answered your question about fallacies in record time without looking it up

because I am a straight g

Tossrock on
    sig.png
This discussion has been closed.