As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

• EplManiaEplMania Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Sign me up!

EplMania on
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    me + 3. I live up on Capitol Hill so I may come and go a bit. I plan on staying at Barca longer, because that bar has an amazing beer selecton.

atray on
  • redfish27redfish27 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm in +3. Our flight arrives at 9, so we'll be showing up at the halfway point.

redfish27 on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I didn't know it was a sign me up type deal. I'm going, but printing my own card.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • snopromisesnopromise Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm in + 5.

snopromise on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would totally be in on this but my band is playing at the Rendezvous in Belltown from 10:30 until ???? A bunch of Pax people are going to be there as well if anyone doesn't feel like hoofing it and wants to see some good music.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm in! But be warned, I'm from Arizona State. That's like the Hogwarts of drinking.

AltDelete on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    AltDelete wrote: »
    I'm in! But be warned, I'm from Arizona State. That's like the Hogwarts of drinking.

lol epic. I used to live about 5 minutes walk from Mill Ave.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    AltDelete wrote: »

lol epic. I used to live about 5 minutes walk from Mill Ave.

You ever get out to 4 Peaks? It's 2 minutes off Mill and their microbrews are tasty and cheap.

Do any of the pubs we're going to serve their own beer?

AltDelete on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sadly, it's looking like I'm going to have to pull out of this wonderful little event.

Doing the math, my food/drink budget can't sustain a multi-stop drinking bonanza.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ay1eneay1ene Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want in on this pub crawl, but have no chance in hell of winning. Last weekend at a party I drank a bottle of wine and fell asleep by 12:30. Total lightweight.

ay1ene on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    bigwah wrote: »
    Do I need to print out my own score card at this point or what?

At this point I'll probably have just enough scorecards to hand out at the beginning of the tournament. After that it's anyone's guess so latecomers may want to print out a card just in case. Worst case scenario you can hand your printout off to someone who didn't get one.

I just got off the phone with 4 of the 6 bars. They are anticipating the arrival of witches and wizards rolling deep. I let them know the theme so they may or may not do something to accommodate us.

@faits and DeadlySherpa: Since you guys are the only volunteers I'm going to have you guys lead Group B(eedle) since I'll be convincing one of my IRC mates to #2 for me in Group A(lbus). I'll be sending a short PM off to give you guys a bit more information and my contact #.

@Everyone else: Three days left!

Well I want to be in Sherpas group, because he is a swell guy. Sherpa, make this happen.
    The only way you're getting in my group is if you've got a lightning bolt on your forehead.

I can(will) make this happen.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ay1ene wrote: »
    I want in on this pub crawl, but have no chance in hell of winning. Last weekend at a party I drank a bottle of wine and fell asleep by 12:30. Total lightweight.

You don't win the Triwizard Drinking Tournament so much has wake up in New Jersey wearing a stewardess outfit.

Atlus Parker on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just made what will probably the final edit to the participant list. As we approach the zero hour, keep the following things in mind:

The Crawl Starts at 8:40pm at Clever Dunne's: This is where we'll split off into groups, hand out scorecards, and hand out stickers to people who came in costume. Try to get here 10-20 minutes early to get these things done so we have more time for the drinking.

There are shit ton of people signed up: Self explanatory. There are a lot of people who want to participate. As it stands now we may have to further divide the groups and work something out. It is imperative that despite the heavy drinking we remain on our best behavior. These bars know that this is The Triwizard Drinking Tournament and we want to have one again next year.

Cash is King: With the number of people participating we want to make things as easy on the bars as possible. Try to have cash to cover your drinks and tip accordingly.

Do Not Throw Up On Atlus: Seriously. Don't do it.

If You're Not On the List, Don't Come: Nah just kidding. If you're not on the list don't worry about it. Please just be respectful and join the crawl at either the beginning or the midpoint to make things easy on the headboys/girls. This event is open to all non-dicks.

And with that, I'm going to pretend to sleep before driving to the airport. See you all tomorrow!

Atlus Parker on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Clever Dunne's has food and I'm planning on getting there early (7:30ish) to eat some of it, so I will have something to puke up later. Anyone who doesn't have anything better to do is welcome to come.

freckle on
  • SableSable Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We're still in!

Sable on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Do Not Throw Up On Atlus: Seriously. Don't do it.

Some may think this is a directive.

I know that it is actually a bonus challenge.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bonus points if you toss up a flaming shot on him while it is still on fire.

ArcticXC on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    freckle wrote: »
    Clever Dunne's has food and I'm planning on getting there early (7:30ish) to eat some of it, so I will have something to puke up later. Anyone who doesn't have anything better to do is welcome to come.

We'll probably be down early (myself +2), as we're planning on getting a running start at home and then cabbing it down. And since I don't want to be LATE I will probably allow plenty of time for the cab (and end up plenty early)

faits on
    faits.png
  • angryroosterangryrooster Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay, so it's late notice and nobody probably cares at this point...

Me and one(1) friend should be joining, although we might have to meet up shortly after the actual start, depending on traffic and travel availability. It should be two(2) friends, but the other one got scared off by the Harry Potter theme, which means we wouldn't want him there anyway. Not sure if my friend who is going will partake in the theme(protip: get him trashed and draw a lightning bolt scar on his forehead) but he's at least willing to attend. Personally, I've got a killer costume idea I just came up with that I have to go shopping for tomorrow.

- Rooster

angryrooster on
  • GbuttonGbutton Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Add another two to the count

Gbutton on
  • UnomasUnomas Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Count me and a friend in

Unomas on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    ArcticXC wrote: »
    Bonus points if you toss up a flaming shot on him while it is still on fire.

Good call.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • mitEjmitEj Cincinnati OhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Want to get in on this too. even if not in an official capacity ( I understand there is a shortage of cards.)

I am in town naw and ready to drink... More.

mitEj on
  • luxeraluxera Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me + 2. I thought the Pub Crawl was still the official pub crawl. But i guess it was replaced/merged with this. Where are most people starting? Clever Dunne's or The Chapel?

luxera on
  • LhetLhet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll be there I think

Lhet on
    edited August 2008
    luxera wrote: »
    Me + 2. I thought the Pub Crawl was still the official pub crawl. But i guess it was replaced/merged with this. Where are most people starting? Clever Dunne's or The Chapel?

Come to Clever Dunne's. It's where the two (or four) groups will separate out and go out on the route.

If you're coming in later then just choose.

As far as this 'replacing/merging' the pub crawl, monoxide isn't able to make it to pax to he passed the duties of organizing the thing on to Atlus.

faits on
    faits.png
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    faits wrote: »
    freckle wrote: »

We'll probably be down early (myself +2), as we're planning on getting a running start at home and then cabbing it down. And since I don't want to be LATE I will probably allow plenty of time for the cab (and end up plenty early)

Well come hang out with me then! I will probably be with some other people, but I know them already. Boring.

I will not be dressed as a wizard, for I am not a planner, but my hair looks like noodles. You don't get it now, but then you will see me and think "Wow, I could really go for some beefaroni - xtra long".

freckle on
  • luxeraluxera Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    faits wrote: »
    luxera wrote: »

Come to Clever Dunne's. It's where the two (or four) groups will separate out and go out on the route.

If you're coming in later then just choose.

As far as this 'replacing/merging' the pub crawl, monoxide isn't able to make it to pax to he passed the duties of organizing the thing on to Atlus.

Awesome. We will be there after we eat. Probably already a few drinks in. Can't wait!

PS The Grand Hyatt owns so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPoRSKaHnA

luxera on
  • Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Let the drinking BEGIN!

Loser4Now on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, we're headed out to Barca in a few. I do not have a sign, but there will be a ton of us hanging out. Come say 'Hi'.

I'm wearing a Snog shirt, black boots and i'll be consuming alcohol. We'll be around from 9 - 12 or so.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • yanyanyanyan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I bowed out early from this, so I hope everyone had a blast! It was fucking awesome and it was great meeting some you guys. Also, super huge respect goes to Atlus and the other headboys for managing this craziness. See you tomorrow at PAX!

-The dude with the mohawk

yanyan on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bah. Just arrived in Seattle a few hours ago. I wanted to come but the guy I'm rooming with got delayed a few hours and I didn't feel like walking a half-hour away at night in a city I've never been too before. Now I'm just chilling in the lobby leeching wi-fi.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This was the most awesome pre-pax event ever!

The Deliverator on
  • doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Awesome. I just got home. It's 4:00am. I think I met all the regular challenges and I have to go to work in a few hours. Thanks for the good times and car bombs. I'm a sucker for irish car bombs.
    DocZero

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    atlus, gert, Marshall and I made it back alive somehow and almost got kicked of of our hotel room already. Pfft noise violations. 4 hours of sleep and we're reay for the breakfast.

ArcticXC on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Saw quite a few people, met a few also. Barca was hoppin'.

Well done, Atlus, as I mentioned last night. I will say, I was dissapointed in the lack of wizardry, but...at least drinking happened.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So irish car bombs are the goddamn devil. So easy to drink a whole bunch of them yet unwise to do so...

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • preacher32preacher32 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The chapel was the spot! I had a blast meeting all of you guys and cant wait to share more of the same good times at pax.

preacher32 on
    edited August 2008
    Well the problem with the first annual triwizard drinking tournament is that it's noon the next day and I'm still blowing a .03 on my breathalyzer (how is that even possible) so I only remember very few peoples names from last night.

Hope everyone had a good time and got home safe. Thanks again to Atlus for organizing everything and to Sherpa for figuring out the trivia situation at clever dunne's. I administered at least two trivia questions, but they were both "is albus dumbledore gay" because apparently that is the only bit of harry potter trivia I can think of when I have topped off a night of too much whiskey with some more whiskey and absinthe.

faits on
    faits.png
This discussion has been closed.