As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Liquor Den

13»

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We have a few kinds of carlsberg, not sure if we have the dark, but I think so. I'll check on that and the flying dog today.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know there's been a lot of discussions/questions in the past about liquor stores downtown.

Well there is one on the corner of 2nd & Seneca... about a 10-12 min. walk (each way) from the convention center. They're open Mon-Sat 10a-6p

Figured this would be the thread for that kind of info... I can confirm they're in business... I just went there today during my lunch break to stock up for tomorrow

nearlysober on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    I'll check on that and the flying dog today.

Thanks man. And if you find some 'Mackeson Triple Stout', that'd be awesome too.

Highfire on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know there's been a lot of discussions/questions in the past about liquor stores downtown.

Well there is one on the corner of 2nd & Seneca... about a 10-12 min. walk (each way) from the convention center. They're open Mon-Sat 10a-6p

Figured this would be the thread for that kind of info... I can confirm they're in business... I just went there today during my lunch break to stock up for tomorrow

Would this place happen to have that brand of Mead ElectricTurtle has talked about?

Edit- Sky River Mead cause a name would probably help.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, according to their Price List (hit Display List), $12/fifth.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »

WOW, the liquor prices in WA suck ass. A .8L bottle of Johhny Walker was listed as $87 (I will assume Black Label). I just bought a handle, 1.5L, at Costco here in TX for $45.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I prefer the Sweet to the Semi-Sweet or Dry versions, but I've only seen the sweet at Central Market in Shoreline lately.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »

WOW, the liquor prices in WA suck ass. A .8L bottle of Johhny Walker was listed as $87 (I will assume Black Label). I just bought a handle, 1.5L, at Costco here in TX for $45.
    State run monopolies for the lose :(

nearlysober on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    But yeah, again, if anyone is looking for particular alcohol(particularly beer), let me know. My store has over 500 different kinds of beer, and I get a 20% discount on it.

Hoegaarden? It'd be nice to drink something familiar after the round-the-houses I'm expecting.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Hoegaarden is one of my favorite beers. So tasty and refreshing.

And I just realized that I didn't post my signature drink

Bebop Cola
    2 parts beer (your choice what kind, try to avoid thick beers or anything with too strong of a strong flavor)
    1 part root beer schnapps (100 proof if you can find it)
    1 part Everclear

pour the beer into a cup followed by the schnapps and everclear (i like to pour them both at the same time), give it a minute to set, stir if necessary.

be very aware that this drink is very tasty for the amount of alcohol involved. don't let the flavor fool you, it will get you quite drunk, here's photographic evidence of such

2d6bc30a.jpg

edit: bah, I managed to confuse the liquor den for the drink recipe thread (which i did post this recipe in), we have too many alcohol threads around here :P

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    we have too many alcohol threads around here :P
    Time for a patented Moe Fwacky supermerge? Just leave the recipe thread alone, it's stayed nicely focused so far.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My work has a few different types of Flying dog. Specifics would help ;)

No carlsberg dark. Just the regular and the elephant. Sorry about that.

And yeah, we have hoegaarden. I keep meaning to buy myself a 6-pack of it, actually, its not that expensive(8.69 or so, minus 20% with my discount).

Haven't checked on the mackeson yet, forgot about it. I'll do that next time I'm there.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My work has a few different types of Flying dog. Specifics would help ;)

Well I'd like to try the Stout, but if anything I'm cool with the Golden Ale.

Highfire on
  • Options
    blakbuzzrdblakbuzzrd Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    Living in Chicago as I do, I managed to get down to Three Floyds' annual Dark Lord Day.

I still have four 22oz bottles of Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout lying around (same as the ones going for $50+/bottle on eBay). Could bring 'em if interest and room allow.

There would obviously have to be something really special happening to open them, but the possibility exists.

Just sayin'.

blakbuzzrd on
    "What Oft Was Squawked But Ne'er So Well Expressed"
    blakbuzzrd.gif
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Curses. If only Four Peaks bottled their Peach Ale... Still, Kiltlifter's not so bad. If anyone wants a taste of the desert (hint: sandy) PM me.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    StephenB.2006StephenB.2006 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Where are we all going to meet up and swap and get hammered?

StephenB.2006 on
    An object at rest cannot be stopped!
This discussion has been closed.