As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I stared into the [CHAT], and the [CHAT] stared back

• NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well, if he comes in a nurses getup feel free to have yourself a laugh. Joker or not, that's funny.

Edit: desperate: BOOOOOOOO!

Editx2: Actually I didn't really like Faust Arp much until I heard it through this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFYp_AK8G3w

NeoRedXIII on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Youtube is no match for my work internet filter!

But yes, for me it's a blight on an otherwise perfect album.

desperaterobots on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    For me, you are a blight on an otherwise perfect list of things that aren't blights (which you technically aren't on).

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited August 2008
    I didn't know this, but this is cool radiohead fan or not. I hadn't seen their House of Cards video, but the technique used was recorded in data which you can play with yourself. You can even manipulate the view of the data while it plays through the recording if you wait for it to load. http://code.google.com/creative/radiohead/

NeoRedXIII on
    edited August 2008
    For me, you are a blight on an otherwise perfect list of things that aren't blights (which you technically aren't on).

I wonder if there was an argument in the band about putting it on the album, where the sensible ones were all 'NO ITS TERRIBLE AND RUINS THE FLOW OF THE WHOLE THING' and the stupid ones were all 'BUT MARS ELLIOT SAID IT WAS GREAT!'

I bet there was.

desperaterobots on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Faust Arp is one of the highlights of the album if you ask me......I'm probably going to get kicked in the nuts for saying this, but I find house of cards to be a BIT (and I highlight BIT for a reason) of a flat spot. Still a great song, but I find it the weakest of the lot. Fucking epic album In Rainbows, I honestly think it's their best....ehh maybe equal with OK Computer but maybe the best.

Mustang on
    edited August 2008
    YOU SHUT POOP MOUTH!

Can we at least agree that Reckoner is awesome?

desperaterobots on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »
    I'm much more interested in Disney's Bolt.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Disney-s-Bolt-Trailer-9331.html

I think they made a mistake by rejecting the prior design:

aad4do0.jpg

aad6wk7.jpg

Seriously! It would've been so cool....

NightDragon on
    edited August 2008
    Can we at least agree that Reckoner is awesome?

Totally, best song...err...maybe not, I don't know, that album just kicks ass the whole way through.

Mustang on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thank god... I finally finished my trial HSC exams today. Now I just want to do nothing, simply because I can.

EDIT: Damnit, now I don't know what to do with myself. And for some reason I don't feel like drawing.

Flay on
    edited August 2008
    You never feel like drawing when you don't have any boring stuff you should be doing instead of drawing, at least I never do. Procrastination about other stuff is the ultimate art motivator.

It's like "I want to play video games instead of doing this shit, but I have to make it look I'm doing shit without actually doing it.....I know, I'll do some drawing."

Mustang on
    edited August 2008
    I find that coupling drawing with another enjoyable thing works for me Mustang. I stick on a DVD of a TV show I like and paint for a disc or two while my minds occupied. Six Feet Under is my current painting fancy.

desperaterobots on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    reackoner is the best song on the album
    faust arp i also consider to be potentially the weakest on the album, but just because i find it messes with the flow. as a stand alone song, it is just as perfect as every other awesome radiohead song, but I do agree with desperate in that it jars things up a little. that being said, calling a song weakest on that album is akin to saying it's just slightly more awesome than songs made by every other band in the universe. cause it's radiohead.

the best album in my mind is still kid a. it is flawless.

on an un-radiohead note, did i ever show you guys this?
    if i didn't, buckle up for some entertainment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

beavotron on
    edited August 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Also Canada, while your money looks like it belongs in the Monopoly board game your Graffiti is second to none.

Well played.

toronto graffiti artists are fucking intense
    though the competition from van city is up there.

other than monopoly money and bad cell phone service, how has your experience been in canada so far?

beavotron on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited August 2008

aad4do0.jpg

aad6wk7.jpg

Yeah, I like the previous design a lot more too. It still looks like it's going to be a really fun film.

Grifter on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    Also Canada, while your money looks like it belongs in the Monopoly board game your Graffiti is second to none.

Well played.

other than monopoly money and bad cell phone service, how has your experience been in canada so far?

Pretty great, although i'm still getting adjusted to a lot of things.

Queen Street, where my school is located, looks like a much tidier version of the block from that movie Be Kind, Rewind. You know, without the ghetto aspect. Pretty cool. Also I snapped some pictures of some of last year's 1st year student work. Just about blew my mind what this kind of work schedule can produce.

And your women are gorgeous. Great googly moogly.

Godfather on
    edited August 2008

Well played.

Pretty great, although i'm still getting adjusted to a lot of things.

Queen Street, where my school is located, looks like a much tidier version of the block from that movie Be Kind, Rewind. You know, without the ghetto aspect. Pretty cool. Also I snapped some pictures of some of last year's 1st year student work. Just about blew my mind what this kind of work schedule can produce.

And your women are gorgeous. Great googly moogly.

You're going to OCAD?

Grifter on
    edited August 2008
    Sigh, the guy I was interested in has found himself another man. Maybe watching Six Feet Under will cure my depression.

Oops I just slit my wrists!

desperaterobots on
    edited August 2008
    Sigh, the guy I was interested in has found himself another man. Maybe watching Six Feet Under will cure my depression.

Perhaps you should be watching Queer as Folk instead?

Grifter on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

aad4do0.jpg

aad6wk7.jpg

Yeah, I like the previous design a lot more too. It still looks like it's going to be a really fun film.

Well... I hope they use that style for another film. It looks pretty damn impressive but... not really in line with what bolt has become.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I had to move the girl I was dating to the 'friend zone'... but, hey you know...

NEXT!!!

MagicToaster on
    edited August 2008

I had to move the girl I was dating to the 'friend zone'... but, hey you know...

NEXT!!!

You clearly didn't instruct her well enough in the art of mind blowing oral sex. Once she has that down then it wouldn't even matter if she farted under the covers.

Grifter on
    edited August 2008
    I just saw Trogdor used as the letter S on Cartoon Network's Chowder show. Also, Master Shake is one of the guest voices. :D

NeoRedXIII on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually, I just realized, the premise of Bolt makes absolutely no sense. The dog would know he didn't really have super powers because all the effects for the stuff he does would be done on a computer! Why would he think he still had those powers, when it's clear that he does none of those things during filming and they add the effects later? Plus, he has to be really retarded to think the storyline is real too.

Not to mention he's a dog, and dogs don't talk or think. Epic fail D:!

Brilliant writing, per usual of all things animated.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Actually, I just realized, the premise of Bolt makes absolutely no sense. The dog would know he didn't really have super powers because all the effects for the stuff he does would be done on a computer! Why would he think he still had those powers, when it's clear that he does none of those things during filming and they add the effects later? Plus, he has to be really retarded to think the storyline is real too.

Not to mention he's a dog, and dogs don't talk or think. Epic fail D:!

Brilliant writing, per usual of all things animated.

You know what would have been awesome? If they had just gone with the premise of the show in the movie than the real idea. I was sold when when the girl said "Speak!" and his bark tears up the road- then I was let down finding out it was all a farce.

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    on an un-radiohead note, did i ever show you guys this?
    if i didn't, buckle up for some entertainment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

Holy Diver, the way that guy says CUBE gets me every time!

edited August 2008
    i know

he says it kinda like "CUOBE"

"featuring the newest technologies which make calculators look like the cotton gin."

"blue, green, orange. the fun cannot be halted."

hahah such a great video.

beavotron on
    edited August 2008
    You're going to OCAD?

What's OCAD?

Godfather on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You're going to OCAD?

What's OCAD?

I'm assuming something like Ontario School of Art and Design.

Tam on
    edited August 2008
    Oh.

Well i'm not going there.

Godfather on
    edited August 2008
    he's at maxx the mutt

beavotron on
    edited August 2008
    Oh man that cube thing was unexpectedly hilarious. It is your job to guide cube around the things which cube cannot go through!

CUBE!

desperaterobots on
    edited August 2008
    Blue, Green, Orange. The fun cannot be halted.

edited August 2008
    Political stuff:
    Ugh, this whole Palin vice president stuff is depressing, because I know that the republican states are going to swarm the booths to vote for this cougar, much like many people are going to vote for Obama just because he's black.

It really sucks because almost all of the attention is off of Obama's wonderful DNC speech because of this.

Godfather on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On the plus side, McCain killed his only argument against Obama. The speech is going down in history books either way. All Obama needs to do in this election is get Democrats out to vote since they vastly out number Republicans this year. :)

MKR on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Palin is as dumb as a butt. I've talked to her (for the newspaper), and she's got fuckall for experience and has no business being the vice-president of the U.S.

Though I have to admit that this should make things interesting.

Also, her kids are named Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. I mean, come on.

Uncle Long on
    edited August 2008
    Wow. D:

• Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seriously.

Track.

Uncle Long on
    edited August 2008
    trig?

really?

trig????

beavotron on
    edited August 2008
    Bristol? Is the kid's middle name Board? Pad?

This discussion has been closed.