As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New HBO Series : True Blood (NSFW56k)

SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Searched the forums and didn't see anything about this, I am new to making an OP so be gentle.

30rxi6p.png
True Blood is an American television series based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris and adapted for television by Alan Ball. The series is produced by HBO in association with Ball's own production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment.

The show details the fictional co-existence of vampires and humans in a small Louisiana town after Japanese-made synthetic blood – "TruBlood" – becomes available for purchase. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a diner who falls in love with one of the vampires, Bill Compton (portrayed by Stephen Moyer).

The show will premiere on September 7, 2008 and will air on the same day in Canada on The Movie Network.

The novels the series are based off come off as generic romance novels, so I am remaining a bit cautious, however I sat in on the panel at SDCC this year while waiting for the Dexter panel (same room) and it seemed interesting, plus I haven't seen Anna Paquin in something in a while and she is playing the main character. They are also offering a FREE rental of the first episode on DVD at Blockbusters (I however do not have an account/card) right now.

28je138.png
Saiga on

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hrm, I'm always up for watching a new series.

I'l' see how the first episode is before I pass judgement.

I loved Six Feet Under.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was mainly going to give this a chance due to Six Feet Under, which I really need to watch all of.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, for sure. Six Feet Under was an amazing show.

The final episode was very, very good.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I will give it a shot. HBO is usually pretty good about their own series.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    True Blood is an American television series based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris and adapted for television by Alan Ball. The series is produced by HBO in association with Ball's own production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment.

The show details the fictional co-existence of vampires and humans in a small Louisiana town after Japanese-made synthetic blood – "TruBlood" – becomes available for purchase. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a diner who falls in love with one of the vampires, Bill Compton (portrayed by Stephen Moyer).

The show will premiere on September 7, 2008 and will air on the same day in Canada on The Movie Network.
    I'm a HUUUUGE (read: fat) fan of vampires, but honestly that plot sounds terrible. Are they marketing this to teenage girls?

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been wanting a halfway decent vampire show/movie for years, so I hope this turns out well. The synopsis sounds HORRIBLE, but you never know.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Everything about this sounds great except for it's premise. I just really can't imagine the plot being anything worthwhile. And the extended previews and clips that have been available are really not helping its image.

I don't know, I'm still optimistic because Alan Ball is behind it, but I really think the cliche vampire aspect is going to hold it back. And even if he manages to write his way around it and present an awesome story despite itself, I don't think the public is going to be interested enough for it to stick around for very long.

Monoxide on