As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2005 Update

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Or heft it up onto a pallet and cart it around with a pallet jack.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    I want to volunteer to be an enforcer this year.

Grath on
  • Barenaked_EnidBarenaked_Enid Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Grath wrote:

You can clear me out anytime, :wink:

Barenaked_Enid on
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2004
    Seriously, Robert. If you can find a IIDX machine, or a GF/DM machine combo, or ANYTHING like that, I'll pay to rent the forklift.

Red Machine D on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Seriously, Robert. If you can find a IIDX machine, or a GF/DM machine combo, or ANYTHING like that, I'll pay to rent the forklift.
    Yeah.

Considering the attention that the DDR machine got last year, any sort of Rhythm Action game would be great. (Except ParaParaParadise, of course.)

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    Grath wrote:

You can clear me out anytime, :wink:

:wink: you can <insert witty sexual comment> with me anytime

Grath on
  • Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Khoo and I met today to talk about tourney registration, so things should be up and running in the next week or two.

We didn't talk about any DDR/Bemani related games, probably 'cause A) I don't give a shit about them and B) they're lame and you should all just go to a fucking gym.

Seriously, if we all got in shape in time for PAX 2K5, I'm sure there'd be a lot more girls in attendance.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
    edited November 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    We didn't talk about any DDR/Bemani related games, probably 'cause A) I don't give a shit about them and B) they're lame and you should all just go to a fucking gym.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is pretty fucking uncool, especially since the freeplay DDR was EXTREMELY popular at PAX04 and a lot of people would probably wonder why it wasn't there at PAX05, and I'd gladly point the finger at you and your "not giving a shit". These games are quite popular with a LOT of people and would be an excellent addition, but obviously you can't see that. Not very good leadership and/or solution.

edit: A couple more things. One, this convention isn't about you, it's about video games. If this was Zigcon 2005, then sure, your opinion on these games could factor in HEAVILY. However, this isn't all about you, Zig, it's about Penny Arcade and its fans, and the fans like these games. And that remark about girls showing up? What the fuck is that supposed to be? LAst I checked PAX was about PA and video games, not about meeting chicks.

I'm not sure I like the idea of you influencing the expo with your own opinion, Zig. Maybe you should let someone who will listen to the fans take your place.

Red Machine D on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    Khoo and I met today to talk about tourney registration, so things should be up and running in the next week or two.

Seriously, if we all got in shape in time for PAX 2K5, I'm sure there'd be a lot more girls in attendance.

WOOO GO ZIG!!!!

Maybe a new adition to the con should be a big ass mirrored doors with the words "look what you're fucking doing to yourself" in big red letter then the doors open up to reveal showers a tanning bed and dieticians

futility on
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    No, no, no....

The only thing worse than a completely untanned geek is a geek with an extremely fake tan.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    NOnononono!!!! The only thing worse than a fakely tanned geek is a fakely tanned geek that hasn't bathed in a week.

Me and my friends that are coming this year will probably triple the girl count at PAX :P

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited November 2004
    No no, you'd be surprised. I'd say that there was a girl for every eight or so guys last year.

Pretty good ratio, all things considered. And man of them were the ones dragging their boyfriends there...

PS: Stop stalking me to every single forum, Trill!

Andwarf on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is pretty fucking uncool, especially since the freeplay DDR was EXTREMELY popular at PAX04 and a lot of people would probably wonder why it wasn't there at PAX05, and I'd gladly point the finger at you and your "not giving a shit". These games are quite popular with a LOT of people and would be an excellent addition, but obviously you can't see that. Not very good leadership and/or solution.

edit: A couple more things. One, this convention isn't about you, it's about video games. If this was Zigcon 2005, then sure, your opinion on these games could factor in HEAVILY. However, this isn't all about you, Zig, it's about Penny Arcade and its fans, and the fans like these games. And that remark about girls showing up? What the fuck is that supposed to be? LAst I checked PAX was about PA and video games, not about meeting chicks.

I'm not sure I like the idea of you influencing the expo with your own opinion, Zig. Maybe you should let someone who will listen to the fans take your place.

<sigh>

Don't mind Zig. Zig is being Zig. If you didn't notice from last year, he likes to ruffle feathers.

There will be plenty of Bemani for all at PAX2k5. :)

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited November 2004
    can the event be catered entirely by pocky?

futility on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2004
    I'll talk to the sweet kitty folks.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Andwarf wrote:
    PS: Stop stalking me to every single forum, Trill!

Ass. Check the join date. I'm HARDLY stalking you, so don't flatter yourself

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited November 2004
    blahblahblah

You do realize I have absolutely nothing to do with DDR or any decisions related to both it and other Bemani games, right?

'course I AM in a position to get rid of fucking Soul Calibur 2, but Khoo has convinced me otherwise....for now. :evil:

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2004
    tanning is increadibly unhealthy in the kill-yourself-with-cancer way
    and i hope girls stay away. geez

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited December 2004
    and i hope girls stay away. geez
    Oh, what fun I could have with that statement... ;) Good to hear that there will be Bemani there and that Zig is just a troll. Keep up the good work, Robert. :^:

Red Machine D on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    I demand a Half-Life 2 DM Tournament next year!

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited December 2004
    Good to hear that there will be Bemani there and that Zig is just a troll.

I'm also the God of anyone who wanders into the console room. Don't be hatin.

Nas nas.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
    edited December 2004
    Oh no! He's on a power tri-

OH! Hi Zig! So nice to see you today! Great weather eh? Gotta go? Alright then!

See that? He's out to get us, ALL of us. I'm scared. Hold me.

Andwarf on
    edited December 2004
    I don't mind ddr as long as D is chained to it. that's the only way I probably won't mind d too

futility on
    edited December 2004
    I'm just lonely.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    I'm just lonely.

I'm here for ya, buddy.

Here for your HEAD!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited December 2004
    Zig21 wrote:
    Good to hear that there will be Bemani there and that Zig is just a troll.

I'm also the God of anyone who wanders into the console room. Don't be hatin.

Nas nas.
    I walked into the console room once during PAX04, and that was to retrieve a member of the CS tourney team I was on.

Red Machine D on
    edited December 2004
    But surely you felt the power of my mighty hand of uptight justice!!

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
    edited December 2004
    I felt the power of the most malevolent odor in history, and then I promptly ran outside to the balcony for fresh air and a smoke. I think the only place with any hideous man-funk was the console room.

Red Machine D on
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    fresh air and a smoke
    Wouldn't the latter cancel out the former?

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
    edited December 2004
    fresh air and a smoke
    Not in Seattle. Seattle air is like Febreze. Even the strongest odors cannot withstand the purifying power of Seattle air.

Red Machine D on
    edited December 2004
    Geuugh. Man that Febreze stuff smells awful.

Andwarf on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    fresh air and a smoke
    Not in Seattle. Seattle air is like Febreze. Even the strongest odors cannot withstand the purifying power of Seattle air.
    But that wasn't Seattle air, that was Bellevue air.

World of difference.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • GT RacerGT Racer Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    I felt the power of the most malevolent odor in history, and then I promptly ran outside to the balcony for fresh air and a smoke. I think the only place with any hideous man-funk was the console room.
    Thats funny, cause i was in the console room and felt the power of D falling off the ddr machines he cherishes so dearly. irony indeed?

Oh, and us chico guys actually are gonna try to be in the road trip again.

GT Racer on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    I walked into the console room once during PAX04, and that was to retrieve a member of the CS tourney team I was on.

It woulda been sooooo nice to know the differences of 1.6 over 1.5 BEFORE going into that tourny... *1.5 veteran, and have not played 1.6 prior to or since pax04*

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Use the SHIELD Luke!

Jasconius on
    edited December 2004
    JoahW wrote:
    fresh air and a smoke
    But that wasn't Seattle air, that was Bellevue air.

World of difference.
    It has the same purifying power no matter where you go around the area.
    GT Racer wrote:
    Thats funny, cause i was in the console room and felt the power of D falling off the ddr machines he cherishes so dearly. irony indeed?
    I watched the "extended edit" of the video again lastnight, and it still hasn't ceased to be funny. Also, when are you braindead NorCals going to realise that "OMG UR FAT AND U FELL OFF DDR" isn't a diss?

Red Machine D on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    GT Racer wrote:
    I watched the "extended edit" of the video again lastnight, and it still hasn't ceased to be funny. Also, when are you braindead NorCals going to realise that "OMG UR FAT AND U FELL OFF DDR" isn't a diss?

When you realize that the guys from 'NorCal' are retards and don't represent the people who are actually from 'NorCal'. :P

Or when you lose weight? ololanus ;)

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited December 2004
    he he he norcal
    he he he I say that gentelman is rather obese and has fallen from his dancimatrix
    he he he back to topic

so anything new and exciting?

futility on
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    GT Racer wrote:

When you realize that the guys from 'NorCal' are retards and don't represent the people who are actually from 'NorCal'. :P
    Norcal != Bay Area. Norcal = Redding, Chico, etc. Generally retards.

Then again, you live in Kirkland now. Home of the largest concentration of white trash in the entire Pacific Northwest.

Red Machine D on
    edited December 2004
    No I think that would be the 909

futility on