As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Darkfall] It's alive and kicking and burning down your town

Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
I admit a part of me almost bought into the whole vaporware prediction about the game, considering it's been in production for a thousand years. But it turns out that this shit is actually in full swing.

Darkfall is a PvP game, Massive in geography and content, inherently Multiplayer, to be distributed and played Online, and - supposedly - it's also an RPG.

Many have actually called it the holy grail of PvP MMOs because of its goal of a completely open and unrestricted game world, its real-time combat mechanics, and the large-scale sieges it will offer. On the other hand, many others have also called it vaporware.

Inspired by the old-school Ultima Online feel, the developers of Darkfall announced they will be throwing conventional MMO rules out the window and shooting for a more realistic and involving online RPG. It kind of seems like they've opted to throw caution to the wind in terms of conventional subscriber bait and focus more on the actual gameplay. Call it a poor business model, but sometimes it's the gameplay that keeps people interested. There will be no classes, no grinding, no levels, and no gear runs in Darkfall, but instead a skill system and crafting and hundreds of spells to choose from. Add to this to non-instanced city building, ship battles, mounted combat, real time swing-and-block mechanics, a realistic physics system including player collision, a weather system, a massive and seamless world, and full loot, and you have yourself something no other developer has ever attempted before.

The graphics, though at times a little unpolished (can only expect so much from an indy dev), have been optimized for 200+ player battles (or so goes the claim) and we've heard the game will even be playable on low-to-mid-range systems with the proper scaling.

Because of the massive list of features, here's a link to their features page and the Wikipedia article.

A map of Agon.

An in-depth and interesting article by one of the developers.

Q&A on the official forums (thanks RabidTreeMonkey).

And some brand new and impressive gameplay videos. They are very much worth a watch:

Again, for anyone interested, here are the beta signups.

Quick, quiet, confident
Comfortable, permanent
Undisputed, every tense
Not a trace of what went left
More equal than the best
Unparalleled success
Everybody, V-impressed
Darius Black on

• CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I signed up for the beta earlier today. The more I read, the more pumped I get for it.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Will... will this be the MMO that makes me actually appreciate the genre? Classless, levelless, grindless*, lore based, realistic, physics, lions, tigers, bears, oh my!

*Statement a logical fallacy.

Galielmus on
  • RabidTreeMonkeyRabidTreeMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You jump the thread I made, get it locked, and claim It took you TWO HOURS to post what you've got below? Considering I posted over 3 hours before this one, I call shenanigans.

I admit a part of me almost bought into the whole vaporware prediction about the game, considering it's been in production for a thousand years. But it turns out that this shit is actually in full swing.

Darkfall is a game, Massive in geography and content, inherently Multiplayer, to be distributed and played Online, and - supposedly - it's also an RPG.

Many have actually called it the holy grail of PvP MMOs because of its goal of a completely open and unrestricted game world, its real-time combat mechanics, and the large-scale sieges it will offer. On the other hand, many others have also called it vaporware.

Inspired by the old-school Ultima Online feel, the developers of Darkfall announced they will be throwing conventional MMO rules out the window and shooting for a more realistic and involving online RPG. It kind of seems like they've opted to throw caution to the wind in terms of conventional subscriber bait and focus more on the actual gameplay. Call it a poor business model, but sometimes it's the gameplay that keeps people interested. There will be no classes, no grinding, no levels, and no gear runs in Darkfall, but instead a skill system and crafting and hundreds of spells to choose from. Add to this to non-instanced city building, ship battles, mounted combat, real time swing-and-block mechanics, a realistic physics system, a weather system, a massive and seamless world, and full loot, and you have yourself something no other developer has ever attempted before.

There is too much information for me to post, so here's a link to their features page.

A map of Agon.

An in-depth and interesting article by one of the developers.

Q&A on the official forums (thanks RabidTreeMonkey).

And some brand new and impressive gameplay videos. They are very much worth a watch:

I will update this OP later to include more info. For the time being, I just wanted to get the news out about the beta signups and the new footage.

RabidTreeMonkey on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I watched the 6th video, and then I watched the 1st. Neither of them made me want to play this game. Might be worth it, if it is a free to play game.

As for this bullshit about who posted a better OP, you are joking right?

Seg on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm sorry, this game looks terrible. No fluidity in any of the characters, the poses are terrible, and well-everything else is terrible too. The environments are pre-wow in texture, and even more bland than a dirt sandwich. Nothing in this game screams "want."

Crayon on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Crayon wrote: »
    I'm sorry, this game looks terrible. No fluidity in any of the characters, the poses are terrible, and well-everything else is terrible too. The environments are pre-wow in texture, and even more bland than a dirt sandwich. Nothing in this game screams "want."

It's because you're a shallow human being :)

It's obvious, even from the OP, that they're focusing more on gameplay, because they know they can't beat the likes of AoC or WHO in terms of looks.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • waywardryanwaywardryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have been hoping darkfall would come out after reading so much about it. Too bad it looks like dog crap.

waywardryan on
    Lemon - Bright Wizard
    Bijaz - Ironbreaker
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh hey Darkfall, I remember this. They're the guys who sanction forum raids of anyone who posts anything negative about them, right?

About the biggest accomplishment Darkfall has ever had has been providing a nebulous PvP game for all those "I'm just playing x while waiting for y" types to point at as the thing that will crush anyone and everyone for the past seven years.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There are a lot of things about Darkfall that bug me: the amazingly long development time, the overly zealous fan base, the massive promises the developers have been giving and that fact that the people who want this game eat it like cake and pie. I think those are something that anyone would worry about however, looking from the outside in at Darkfall.

The real concern for me is some of the things I've been hearing when it comes to gameplay. No pets, no stealth, and now from the other thread I think I saw no player names and health bars?

Excuse me? They just alienated a huge chunk of players who want pets and a REAL stealth system (not just "Oh ya gotta wear armor that doesn't make noise and sit in a rock shadow and pray to GOD they don't look in your general direction."). In addition, I find the lack of name display fucking stupid. How, pray tell, in a massive PvP situation will you tell ally from foe? How in a general situation will you tell your friend from an enemy? On the subject of health bars, you have got to be shitting me. Yes, you stated that the Darkfall guys took conventional MMO rules and threw them out a window, but you didn't say they burn them alive and pissed on the ashes. Health bars aren't just a staple in an MMO, they are a staple in any game (and I realize I can get burnt on this).

Sorry. Not for me. I like new ideas, not retarded ones.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Colt wrote: »
    There are a lot of things about Darkfall that bug me: the amazingly long development time, the overly zealous fan base, the massive promises the developers have been giving and that fact that the people who want this game eat it like cake and pie. I think those are something that anyone would worry about however, looking from the outside in at Darkfall.

The real concern for me is some of the things I've been hearing when it comes to gameplay. No pets, no stealth, and now from the other thread I think I saw no player names and health bars?

Excuse me? They just alienated a huge chunk of players who want pets and a REAL stealth system (not just "Oh ya gotta wear armor that doesn't make noise and sit in a rock shadow and pray to GOD they don't look in your general direction."). In addition, I find the lack of name display fucking stupid. How, pray tell, in a massive PvP situation will you tell ally from foe? How in a general situation will you tell your friend from an enemy? On the subject of health bars, you have got to be shitting me. Yes, you stated that the Darkfall guys took conventional MMO rules and threw them out a window, but you didn't say they burn them alive and pissed on the ashes. Health bars aren't just a staple in an MMO, they are a staple in any game (and I realize I can get burnt on this).

Sorry. Not for me. I like new ideas, not retarded ones.

I'm just hearing about this for the first time, and just from reading this I can see you're missing the entire point

They're not striving for the same feel as other MMOs. Thus the lack of health bars/nametags or ridiculous stealth system (seriously, there's nothing more game-y than MMO stealth systems).

I applaud them for trying something different, and if they can get everything they got on paper in game, it should be a fun experience

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
    edited August 2008
    Darkfall is one of those games, along with Horizons and Shadowbane and probably several others that I don't remember, that were announced around the same time as EQ1 was growing in popularity, but wanted to capitalize on those disenfranchised folks who were really into UO's open PvP systems. Never mind the fact that UO's PvP was a complete accident, and completely counter to the intent of the developers, they were going to make their perfect PvP game with no Trammies, no Statloss, and no random ganks because their PvP will be special and will have "consequences" and everyone will be on the same level playing field.

Right. Horizons' early RP+PvP-heavy roots died early on and it became "That One EQ Clone With the Weird Crafting and also Dragons". Shadowbane came out, peaked within a month, and subsequently crashed under the weight of its shitty client, shitty controls, and fundamentally broken gameplay. Fury? Died in a year. Age of Conan? Currently hemorrhaging customers just like AO was back in, what, 1999?, and could quite possibly sink Funcom as a company.

Darkfall's developers have promised the moon, delivered nothing but a shoddy engine, janky "gameplay" footage, and even more promises that everyone knows they won't keep, but hold on to the hope that they will anyway. Is the game even in beta yet? Who's funding this? Why has this taken so long to be released? How large is their team? Do they even have the capability of following through on anything they've promised?

Forgive me for being overly skeptical here, but I've seen so many pie-in-the-sky games touted as PvP meccas that have all ended the same way: They've crashed, and they've burned.

And they've all deserved it.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • VellyrVellyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is the game even in beta yet? Who's funding this? Why has this taken so long to be released? How large is their team? Do they even have the capability of following through on anything they've promised?

The game is not in beta, but is now accepting beta sign-ups. Darkfall is funded by private capital. It's taken so long to be released because their development team is about 25 people, and they're actually intent on delivering what they promised. Whether or not they can deliver it, your guess is as good as mine.

I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, since this game seems to be a true labor of love, and not a hype machine designed to sell as many copies as possible before people realize it's a piece of shit (I'm looking at you AoC). And yeah, that footage disappointed me (The particle effects look like they ripped them straight out of DOOM D:), but if they come through on the gameplay, it'll be OK.
    Excuse me? They just alienated a huge chunk of players who want pets and a REAL stealth system (not just "Oh ya gotta wear armor that doesn't make noise and sit in a rock shadow and pray to GOD they don't look in your general direction.").

What you're describing is a gimmicky MMO stealth system, not a "real" stealth system. In a competetive PvP game, where you can lose all your stuff when you die, do you really want people to be able to run around invisible?

Their rationale for not including pets is that they want to focus on conflict between players and not have an NPC do all your work for you. I think it's kind of a flimsy excuse, being a long-time player of pet classes, but whatever. It would probably be a lot harder to balance in a classless advancement system anyway.
    In addition, I find the lack of name display fucking stupid. How, pray tell, in a massive PvP situation will you tell ally from foe? How in a general situation will you tell your friend from an enemy?

If I remember correctly, you'll be able to see that information on mouseover. The idea is that you won't be able to see the guy hiding in the grass just because he has a giant red name over his head.
    On the subject of health bars, you have got to be shitting me. Yes, you stated that the Darkfall guys took conventional MMO rules and threw them out a window, but you didn't say they burn them alive and pissed on the ashes. Health bars aren't just a staple in an MMO, they are a staple in any game (and I realize I can get burnt on this).

Ever played an FPS?

Vellyr on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    every single one of those videos is terrible.

the engine is horrible, the character models are horrible, the animations are so far beyond horrible it is mind blowing and the actual fights, the whole point of the game look like the biggest mishmash of button mashing garbage ever.

jesus christ, 7 years for that?

Angry on
  • X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I too am very skeptical on them delivering on even half of what they promised. MMOs are so grand in scale that you need more than 25 guys working on a project for them to deliver enough content on launch day. In principle you could do it, but it would take so long that by the time it was released, it would be horribly outdated. I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt considering that I have never been positively surprised by any MMO other than WoW in terms of what they announced and what was delivered.

How many MMOs now have promised the whole "Oh we are not your typical MMO"? When I actually play these games they are so terrible that I wish they WERE in fact just playing it by the book.

X3x3non on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008
    Darkfall: the MMO Community's biggest joke since 2001.

Did the OP mention anywhere that they are probably not going to be releasing in the US because they can't get a publisher to touch them with a 10 foot pole?

Darkfail.

Unknown User on
  • Eff-ehEff-eh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you want to play a game with a good engine, "fluidity" and good graphics or whatever I hear Age of Conan is looking for subscribers!

I had more fun simply watching the Darkfall gameplay trailer than I ever did playing WoW. It just looks like an incredibly good time. I know I will definitely be playing this when it releases, however up to the point when there is a beta invite in my inbox or the game is in my hand I will be playing WAR.

I find it almost impossible that somebody can watch that trailer and come away with UGH BAD GRAPHICS. Like, these dudes just took over a ship. Who CARES about the graphics?

Eff-eh on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah man, who cares about things like a good engine or fluidity of animation or combat that is more then just hacking at a guy for 1.5 seconds.

Angry on
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You jump the thread I made, get it locked, and claim It took you TWO HOURS to post what you've got below? Considering I posted over 3 hours before this one, I call shenanigans.

Check your messages man, I sent you an apology for being whiny and getting your thread locked. To tell the truth, it took me over an hour because I was really hung over and I was having a hard time finding that one article by Tasos I posted. And I had to go get breakfast. So yeah, that's why I was all "waaaghh! >.<" when I found out I'd been beaten to the punch. My apologies, bro.

Anyway, this isn't a thread where we rally up the naysayers and shit all over DFO's concept or graphics or whatever. Here we discuss legitimate concerns if we have them, or maybe just chat about details. Don't bring your hate into my thread please.

As for the graphics, I think they look pretty good for such a low-budget title. I once subscribed to a pretty MMO called AoC because of its graphics. Turns out they don't make a game. What I'm looking forward to seeing in DFO is the special weather system in action, because those skies look really gorgeous.

I think Vellyr said it best here:
    I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, since this game seems to be a true labor of love, and not a hype machine designed to sell as many copies as possible before people realize it's a piece of shit...

If the gameplay delivers, to hell with jerky animations and chunky explosions. I can live with that easylike.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
    edited August 2008
    My only legitimate concern is that the game will be unplayably buggy.

Eff-eh on
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Darkfall: the MMO Community's biggest joke since 2001.

Did the OP mention anywhere that they are probably not going to be releasing in the US because they can't get a publisher to touch them with a 10 foot pole?

Darkfail.

They are going to release in the US, it'll just be later than in Europe. Either way, why should you care? You're obviously not going to be playing it.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
    edited August 2008
    who's the publisher?

and i am willing to bet that, for as terrible as aoc ended up, they made a lot more of a game then darkfall will ever be.

Angry on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Vellyr wrote: »
    The game is not in beta, but is now accepting beta sign-ups.

I see nothing's changed since 2005, then. That's when I personally submitted the PA guild application.

Echo on
    edited August 2008
    Some greek company named Audiovisual.

As far as actually delivering on the features, several people have visited the studios and confirmed that everything is working ingame.

Eff-eh on
  • X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    quote:
    I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, since this game seems to be a true labor of love, and not a hype machine designed to sell as many copies as possible before people realize it's a piece of shit...

If the gameplay delivers, to hell with jerky animations and chunky explosions. I can live with that easylike.

I am reluctant because if a game lacks polish in one area, it usually lacks the same amount of polish across the board. I just watched clip 2 of them taking the boat and those animations just looked inexcusably bad.

X3x3non on
    edited August 2008
    Angry, we get it, you don't like Darkfall. You can leave the thread now knowing you've won your battle with this evil threat.

I worry about the bugs too, but I'm hoping the reason behind the lack of polish is because tthey've been working on the gameplay as they claim. That and expanding the world can be time consuming.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • ghenghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whether the game will deliver what the devs are promising is up in the air until open beta. I'll keep my fingers crossed though since the features they've published match pretty closely with what I've been looking for in an MMO since the early days of UO.

ghen on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I remember reading the description on the homepage and thinking whoa, it's going to be awesome.
    Now I watched the videos and interest went down the drain.

Fuga on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I can hope that they make the game play solid enough that perhaps they can sell to a company with deeper pockets, who will put a fresh coat of paint on the graphical assets.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll play this! Think they'll honor the guild beta spot?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited August 2008
    Even if you are signed up for a clan beta slot please do this as well, and make sure to list your proper clan name that you are registered with in the forum database or the clan beta database! If you're not in a clan it doesn't matter.

Eff-eh on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I sure am glad I am not a graphics whore so I can enjoy games for the gameplay.

Still, I won't get excited for Darkfall until I hear actual beta impressions. Same way I was for WAR.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Eff-eh wrote: »
    Even if you are signed up for a clan beta slot please do this as well, and make sure to list your proper clan name that you are registered with in the forum database or the clan beta database! If you're not in a clan it doesn't matter.

I just typed in Penny Arcade and linked our forums. Let's see what happens.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • waywardryanwaywardryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I look for good graphics in a game and this game simply doesn't have it. I'm not talking about bumpmapped shadows radiating off the dew during a full moon, I'm talking about characters moving in a way that doesn't make them look like claymation.

waywardryan on
    Lemon - Bright Wizard
    Bijaz - Ironbreaker
  • QuantaQuanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    While I am skeptical about whether or not Aventurine can deliver on their promises, I found the gameplay video to be promising. If they really have been focusing on gameplay rather than graphics, which is a nice change of pace from the big-budget "looks pretty but has no substance" development method, then they've really set themselves up to do a lot of good. After all, I imagine it's a lot easier to pretty up a game post-release when your gameplay is already solid, as opposed to trying to fix potentially gamebreaking issues because you spent most of your pre-release development time making sure that the game will look good in screenshots and player-made videos.

Quanta on
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been an active forumfaller since late 2003.

I sincerely hope that this time they actually follow through with a beta this year. This isn't the first time they've announced beta and taken applications. I won't get any more hyped for this game until it is in my hands.

That said, I've never once assumed DFO to be vapourware. I've always had faith that the game was indeed real. No other dev team has openly stated they drew inspiration mainly from UO. Most games instead chose EQ's rulset. For that alone I gave this game a chance.

This has been the only MMORPG on my radar for a long time.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    X3x3non wrote: »
    I too am very skeptical on them delivering on even half of what they promised. MMOs are so grand in scale that you need more than 25 guys working on a project for them to deliver enough content on launch day. In principle you could do it, but it would take so long that by the time it was released, it would be horribly outdated. I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt considering that I have never been positively surprised by any MMO other than WoW in terms of what they announced and what was delivered.

How many MMOs now have promised the whole "Oh we are not your typical MMO"? When I actually play these games they are so terrible that I wish they WERE in fact just playing it by the book.

Dude... you just kinda said it.

It's a small team working on a project for 7 years. Of course it's going to look outdated.

The thing that gets me is that some of the more recent screenshots looking rather good. I wonder if they were just polished up in post, or true to the highest settings of the games graphic engine.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I remember being kinda interested in this game last century. But I lol'd off the beta signup when I saw it posted on the interwebs thinking there's no way this could be cool anymore. I still went ahead and watched the trailer, and was underwhelmed up until the city building/assault. Then I saw people piloting floating machines of fire and death. Then I signed up for beta. And hovertanks.
    I support any game that supports tanks that hover. Unless it's PlanetSide. Cause screw you SOE :D
    I came for the Hovertanks, and left disappointed.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jobastion wrote: »
    I remember being kinda interested in this game last century. But I lol'd off the beta signup when I saw it posted on the interwebs thinking there's no way this could be cool anymore. I still went ahead and watched the trailer, and was underwhelmed up until the city building/assault. Then I saw people piloting floating machines of fire and death. Then I signed up for beta. And hovertanks.
    I support any game that supports tanks that hover. Unless it's PlanetSide. Cause screw you SOE :D

Hey now.

Planetside was glorious.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    thorpe wrote: »
    Jobastion wrote: »

Hey now.

Planetside was glorious.

So, there was a bug that crashed my computer anytime I entered or left a cloaking field. Like the one on the mobile spawn points. I was not pleased. Though to be honest, I did come back for the free year thing. Good times were had. Now back to Darkfall poasting.
    And hovertanks.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited August 2008
    No other dev team has openly stated they drew inspiration mainly from UO.

That's... well... not true at all. [citation needed], I know, but I know several devs have drawn inspiration from old UO, Shadowbane the main one of the bunch.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Shadowbane was billed as a successor to UO.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
This discussion has been closed.