As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

• apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Well done everyone.

Well done.

(My head hurts)

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thanks to everyone coming along to the pub crawl, I had a fantastic time, and it seemed like everyone had a good time.

Big ups to atlus for the idea and execution of the triwizard tourney, i'm going to go play games now

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good times! Met really cool people. Drank WAY too much. Where is my prize??? I wonder if I am the only girl to complete all the challenges?

Who ever thought up the Firewater shot is evil. I dedicate this hangover to you...

I'll post when I get my pics up.

industrialgirl on
  • ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    BUY A PS3

This is Atlus via Threepio's account. I'm glad everyone had fun. I have no idea how I got home. industrialgirl we found one more emblem. Get with me sometime during PAX and it's yours.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Humm...how do I find you?

industrialgirl on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apparently when I got home after the crawl I managed to go on xbox live and buy galaga legions (I had been under the assumption I did NOT actually do this, but the fact that I now own it and have a very terrible high score says otherwise.)

faits on
    faits.png
  • angryroosterangryrooster Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    industrialgirl, I know there was at least one other girl in our group to complete all the challenges, not sure about the other groups.
    2811121499_1b3c6e7c84.jpg
    Here's a pic after the hands free shot event. Unfortunately the iPhone is ill equipped for taking photos in such dim lighting, but it sort of shows the chaos. I also took some video of people taking the shots, but those came out even worse. I think industrialgirl has some decent pics of the action.

The day after was not a pleasant experience. I didn't compete in the challenges, but I think the $5 pitchers of PBR are what did me in. My stomach no longer trusts my judgement, but we're on speaking terms again today.

angryrooster on
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just wanted to say hope the crawl was good, and put in apologies for not showing. In the end we couldn't make it after the dinner as we'd had a hectic couple of days and were just too beat to go out again.

Evermourn on
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is Atlus.

The crawl was good. The secret challenge of "get piss drunk" was accomplished by all.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    I'm just waiting for the pictures (come on I know people were taking pictures)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited August 2008
    This is Atlus.

Pics will be forthcoming once I've landed back home. Also, if you were at the second QA panel the First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament was brought up by a fellow wizard. I didn't get a chance to run over and tell Gabe & Tycho what it was exactly because they seemed intrigued by the idea. I'll be firing them off an email when I get home detailing everything as well a gallery of the photos taken that night. If you have any to contribute post them here, PM me, or whatever.

Next year will be bigger, better, and maybe have some celebrity witches and wizards?

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    I took this on the way to Barca

Windows-1252BSU1HMDExMTcuanBn.jpg

The only other picture I took and uploaded that night was of my face in the mirror when I got home, and I have no idea why I did that (possibly to prove I still knew how to use my phone and send pictures to photobucket?)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited September 2008
    Things I just remembered about the pub crawl: trying to convince the hobos at Dicks to Rick Roll group A. This included trying to teach them the song, and also dancing. They were singing hobos in the first place, and I guess I just wanted to put it to good use.

faits on
    faits.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, I can see myself! I'm in PAX shirt way in the back, although some of you from group B might only remember me as Magellan.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited September 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Hey, I can see myself! I'm in PAX shirt way in the back, although some of you from group B might only remember me as Magellan.
    I'm trying to decide whether I should feel sorry about that one or not. And I wish I was with you guys when you were hobotraining, that sounded awesome

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Atlus, The Triwizard Drinking Tournament was fucking EPIC! I hope we have this again next year because it was a GREAT way to cap off a night after the Pre-PAX Dinner. Maybe we can combine the two? I for one, loved getting the chance to dress up and enjoy a night on the town (especially when that is combined with getting completely toasted :P). If you're thinking of doing this again next year, same theme or different? If it's the same, ElectricTurtle has agreed to dress up as Professor Snape, and I would again reprise my roll as a Slytherin student. BTW, does anyone have any pics of me from the tourney? I showed up at Barca and, er, ended at Chapel Bar with Group A. Plz post if available. Kthx, internets.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Atlus, The Triwizard Drinking Tournament was fucking EPIC! I hope we have this again next year because it was a GREAT way to cap off a night after the Pre-PAX Dinner. Maybe we can combine the two? I for one, loved getting the chance to dress up and enjoy a night on the town (especially when that is combined with getting completely toasted :P). If you're thinking of doing this again next year, same theme or different? If it's the same, ElectricTurtle has agreed to dress up as Professor Snape, and I would again reprise my roll as a Slytherin student. BTW, does anyone have any pics of me from the tourney? I showed up at Barca and, er, ended at Chapel Bar with Group A. Plz post if available. Kthx, internets.

Next year's plan is to combine it with the dinner but the problem is the time we had was barely enough to hit every bar and get everyone drunk. We'll have to start at the same time or earlier because even though they knew we were coming the bars could not handle us. Also we will be doing 4 groups next year, each one a different house and if ET's coming as Snape he should totally head boy the Slytherin house.

Unfortunately I have no photos past Barca. Downing that pitcher at Cafe Met was enough for me and yet I still went on.

I'm really, really glad that everyone had a good time and thank you all for the positive feedback. I've learned a lot this year and everything will be bigger and better next year.

Atlus Parker on
    edited September 2008
    No fucking trivia at the end next time atlus

also I didn't know there was a fucking question sheet, I was just making shit up at the end

People got stars for guessing the strength of harry's corrective lenses

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    No fucking trivia at the end next time atlus

also I didn't know there was a fucking question sheet, I was just making shit up at the end

People got stars for guessing the strength of harry's corrective lenses

Haha you guys were great. I still owe you and faits a drink. I heard your trivia was epic. "Is Dumbledore gay?". We didn't fare better either.

Atlus Parker on
  • curteckcurteck Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Hey industrialgirl, were you the one that was determining whether my friends were wearing something else under their kilts? I'm surprised they actually followed through....

curteck on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunately I have no photos past Barca. Downing that pitcher at Cafe Met was enough for me and yet I still went on.

Pitcher pi'tures!
    Beer makes you evil:
    beer1.jpg
    Before:
    beer2.jpg
    After:
    beer3.jpg

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited September 2008
    Hey, this is Will.
    I'm the head boy who lead some of group A through the park!

I have tons of photos. I will put them up soon. Atlus, make a photo thread??

To everyone who started chanting my name at Dicks. I love you.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    <-- Guy in the homemade red wizard hat and bathrobe with tacked on cape. Also the guy who brought up the Triwizard tourney at the 2nd Q & A.

Was a blast. Pleasure meeting you all (though it's mostly a blur after the Met). Here's to an even better one next year.

Loser4Now on
    edited September 2008
    Loser4Now wrote: »
    <-- Guy in the homemade red wizard hat and bathrobe with tacked on cape. Also the guy who brought up the Triwizard tourney at the 2nd Q & A.

Was a blast. Pleasure meeting you all (though it's mostly a blur after the Met). Here's to an even better one next year.

Hahaha, I remember you. Excellent costume.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »

So do I
    img0363nb7.jpg

Atlus Parker on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    doczero wrote: »
    Awesome. I just got home. It's 4:00am. I think I met all the regular challenges and I have to go to work in a few hours. Thanks for the good times and car bombs. I'm a sucker for irish car bombs.
    DocZero

Damn... missed you this year Doc. Next year I'm going to make absolutely sure I show up on Thursday for all the pre-events.

DJBreslin on
  • Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »

So do I
    img0363nb7.jpg

God that's atrocious by the light of sobriety. >.< Still and all, thanks to everyone for a wonderful time, to the headboys for helping herd cats, and most of all to Atlus for what I hope will be a long tradition of friendly wizardly inebriation.

Loser4Now on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm trying to decide whether I should feel sorry about that one or not.

Wait, are you possibly sorry about that responsibility being thrust upon me? I had the map and was actually from Seattle (although I haven't actually hung out in Capitol Hill before), so no biggie.

whypick1 on
    edited September 2008

Wait, are you possibly sorry about that responsibility being thrust upon me? I had the map and was actually from Seattle (although I haven't actually hung out in Capitol Hill before), so no biggie.

It could be worse. Your name could be Twizzler.

Atlus Parker on
    edited September 2008

It could be worse. Your name could be Twizzler.

haha, storytime.

But nah, I was doin the thrusting because I didn't know where to go but wanted to look important.

... that probably summarized most of my past relationships.

It was more about the nickname anyway, was there even a reason it was him other than he being an explorer?

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "So I'm Magellan now?" after I got the map, and it stuck. So if anything, I should be kicking my own ass if I hate the name so much, which I don't.

whypick1 on
  • ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Haha the part that made it awesome was that I remember taking the picture of the girl kissing your friend. At the gay bar.

ArcticXC on
    edited September 2008
    Also might as well toss up some pics.
    IMG_5886.JPG
    IMG_5894.JPG
    IMG_5905.JPG
    IMG_5915.JPG
    IMG_5921.JPG
    IMG_5924.JPG

ArcticXC on
    edited September 2008
    I don't remember that white bar.

But then I don't remember ... much at all.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woo, a pic of the back of my head! :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    apotheos wrote: »

That would be Chapel Bar. Home of Seattle's BEST martinis ever! Hybiscus and the Chloie are my favorite. BTW, nice to meet you Apotheos! My BYOC buddy :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
    edited September 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »
    apotheos wrote: »

That would be Chapel Bar. Home of Seattle's BEST martinis ever! Hybiscus and the Chloie are my favorite. BTW, nice to meet you Apotheos! My BYOC buddy :)

We had each others back! It was great to meet you and ET, I was sad we all couldn't see more of each other but things snowballed for me come Sunday and I was just fortunate to catch my plane home. You guys were a trip highlight, actually.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Talk about getting the convention started on the right foot.

Had a blast once I managed to find the Triwiz tournament itself, which is an adventure I'll have to tell about later. There were trolls and ogres and shit. Darkness and danger, until I found the safety of the drunken wizard mob.

All I had with me was my crappy camera phone, but I managed to get a shot of the Triwizards, pardon the grainy:
    triwizards.jpg

And the Luchador dude who's name I didn't catch. But why would I need to? He's a freakin' Luchador.
    triwiz_luchador.jpg

The Chapel that you speak of was quite a place, from what I remember.
    Here's a hint: don't show up late for the tournament if you don't want Headmaster Atlus to make you do extra credit work. The "two shots at once" challenge was akin to trying to chug gasoline. The Headmaster must have noticed my face turning a sickening shade of viridian, because he bought me a chaser that kept my throat from spontaneously combusting. Hail the mercy of Gryffindor.

This was perfect preparation for the four-legged race I got to participate in with Electric Turtle and Asta. It seemed like we must have walked for miles, and ET just about had me convinced that ADOM was superior to Nethack by the end of it. Heresy! But sweet, sweet gaming nerd-speak. How rarely I get to indulge in such during my normal life.

In spite of the critical hangover the next morning, I'd say that Day Zero was a terrifying success. My thanks go out to everyone who had a hand in putting this event together.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Oh awesome you got a pic of the buddy holly glasses. I lost them at chapel when I couldn't tell if there was a mirror or if it was another part of the bar. They ended up getting stuck behind the bench and I couldn't quite fit back there to retrieve them. I still think I could have managed if the bouncer didn't start yelling at me.

ArcticXC on
  • SunshineGrrrlSunshineGrrrl Seattle - EastsideRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Luchador's name was franky. =) We hung out with him and Science Queen Stephanie most of the night. Quite the blast. I think I'm still drunk from that.

SunshineGrrrl on
This discussion has been closed.