As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It Just Isn't PAX without Bawls In My Mouth

software2software2 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Last year was a major disappointment because there was no Bawls booth. I think a lot of us assumed that they'd have a year to get through all the BS that prevented them from selling Bawls, but alas the sound of Bawls dropping every 5 seconds was absent this year too.

No bawls, and very little swag. And there are way more people this year... Bellevue may have been more crowded, but you didn't have to sit in line for 3 hours to get a decent seat at panels. There are a lot of things I think that make this the worst PAX ever (Before you get started on me, note that I'm talking about how awesome past years were), but the complete lack of Bawls just kicks me when I'm down.

Long story short, I miss my 2 cases of Bawls for $20.

software2 on

• HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Especially considering Brawndo is kind've bland tasting...

I NEED BAWLS NOW... LOTS OF BAWLS... JUST SWIMMING IN BAWLS.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah, i'm kinda disappointed that they didn't at least sell bawls at pax. but if you signed up for esa you get all the bawls you want for the con, and presumably next con. the only problem was that they were room temp.

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's why I ordered two cases from QFC ahead of time and brought them in a cooler. Too bad they're just under $40 per 24 bottle case at QFC with tax....

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • iheartshroomsiheartshrooms Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    thinkgeek.com =] bawls by the case.

iheartshrooms on
    edited August 2008
    Too bad the cheapest shipping from Thinkgeek brings the total of a case shipped to like $55 for me...

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know..... The Cookie Brigade did so well this year... maybe there should be a call for a Bawls Brigade next year.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2008
    Haha, I was thinking about talking to a local distributor and buying the minimum number of cases I can get and selling them at cost next year, or I could sell them for more and donate the proceeds to Child's Play.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know, especially since Brawndo is so full of fail and the rockstar they have in the vending machines tastes like ass water.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Randomfool wrote: »
    I know, especially since Brawndo is so full of fail and the rockstar they have in the vending machines tastes like ass water.

But Brawndo has what plants crave!

Yeah, I actually think that Brawndo wasn't too bad, but it certainly isn't on the same level of Bawls.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I totally agree. I was sad I didn't get my hands on any bawls this year :(

industrialgirl on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Haha, I was thinking about talking to a local distributor and buying the minimum number of cases I can get and selling them at cost next year, or I could sell them for more and donate the proceeds to Child's Play.
    you wouldn't be able to sell them at PAX though
    so would you be selling them outside?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    you wouldn't be able to sell them at PAX though
    so would you be selling them outside?

That was the plan.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    edited August 2008
    huh, it would probably have to be completely off the WSC&TC property (which may include the section of Freeway Park right behind the convention center) or they would make you move

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Comrade OneComrade One Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know..... The Cookie Brigade did so well this year... maybe there should be a call for a Bawls Brigade next year.

Comrade One on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah, I actually think that Brawndo wasn't too bad, but it certainly isn't on the same level of Bawls.

I actually like Brawndo itself but the Brawndo booth was pretty much a complete waste of time. Since they A. didn't actually sell Brawndo. B. Ran out of Brawndo C. Apparently didn't have cups most of friday.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I actually like Brawndo itself but the Brawndo booth was pretty much a complete waste of time. Since they A. didn't actually sell Brawndo. B. Ran out of Brawndo C. Apparently didn't have cups most of friday.

Although I did happen to win the shitty origami cup contest... >_> and Brawndo STAINS SKIN HARDCORE

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've heard that the guy that runs Bawls is a little...eccentric. That may or may not have anything to do with why they weren't here this year....

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Mr. Bawls JanglesMr. Bawls Jangles Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was pretty happy I came prepared this year. I camped my grocery store for about a month and bought bawls whenever they spawned. I went to PAX with 47 bawls and gave out a good dozen or so to people I ran into. But I must say, it would have been MUCH more convenient if bawls was sold there.

Mr. Bawls Jangles on
  • Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dont know... Bawls tastes like its name says.

Whats the deal with the vending machines though? 2 bucks for water? Seriously?

Altima NEO on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As sucky as the lack of Bawls is, there is a reason for it. For those that don't know, the City of Seattle has a multi-year contract with the company that does catering for the convention center. Part of the contract states that *ONLY* that company is allowed to sell food of any kind in the convention center. Apparently it was damn hard to even get them to allow the free bottles of Bawls that were handed out last year to people waiting in line.

Dreamwriter on
  • Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah! x.x i need my surge and yes they line Where soooo long this year! it was crazy x.x I only play one game but i mostly never play any games there.

Soda241 on
  • GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Boy, it's blue, and it's bad!
    Scared of nothing, yeah.
    It's so bad. They call it BAWLS.
    It's the BAWLS. BAWLS Nigger!

Random poetry.

I want me BAWLS next time. Gotta bounce on some energy especially when I got little sleep.

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
  • zyphlarzyphlar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm... I wonder how one could sell Bawls (and alot of it, since it would be in high demand) while avoiding issues with the city and the convention center. I'd definitely help if there was a way to do it.

PS: Convention center needs to (a) stock its ATMs and vending machines better (b) have more vending machines and ATMs and (c) quit fagging up the food/beverage issue. They use their exclusive contract to do what, sell nachos?? That's not funny.

zyphlar on
    edited September 2008
    or you know, since you're smack dab in the middle of a big city you could walk a block or two and get some good food

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MustinMustin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The OneUps missed the Bawls :(

Mustin on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

My god that's an incredible idea!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Eticket109Eticket109 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I actually saw a kid yesterday going down one of the escalators with a bottle.

I was tempted to accost him but I really wanted to see how the Omegathon turned out.

Eticket109 on
  • SardocasmSardocasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I remedied the situation by getting some Bawls at the QFC on Pike & Broadway.

Sardocasm on
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God, everything would have been so much more fun with blue Bawls. Sure I had some pacman chocolate for a sugar rush, but it's not the same. :'(

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Altima NEO wrote: »

Bawls tastes really good with vanilla vodka in it. And I agree about the vending machines. I didn't really care about the price. But it totally sucked that they were out of order 1/2 way into the convention.

industrialgirl on
  • leeesherleeesher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    shugarae wrote: »
    I've heard that the guy that runs Bawls is a little...eccentric. That may or may not have anything to do with why they weren't here this year....

Pretty sure it's actually related to convention center policy. :(

leeesher on
  • terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was having a case shipped to the hotel, but Thinkgeek dropped the ball and hadn't shipped as of Wed, so I cancelled.

Thankfully I found the ECA booth had Bawls for its members in the lobby. So I got some Bawls. :winky:

terrix on
  • Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Altima NEO wrote: »

Bawls tastes really good with vanilla vodka in it. And I agree about the vending machines. I didn't really care about the price. But it totally sucked that they were out of order 1/2 way into the convention.

Well now youre talking! Everything tastes a little better spiked with a little (or a lot) of liquor. Though by itself, Bawls tastes pretty nasty.

We were trying to buy something to drink while waiting for MC Frontalot to finish up, but all the machines were sold out. My friend managed to buy the last VitaminWater though. 2 bucks is too much for a 20 oz. Wheres my 1 dollar 3 liter Shastas?

Altima NEO on
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bawls is actually one of the only energy drinks I drink, with Rehab being the ONLY other one. Perhaps I just like energy drinks with names that could mean something else? Anyway, those are the only two that I think actually taste good.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
This discussion has been closed.