As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Revenant Zombie Film Festival - Seattle October 11th 2008!

Revenant MagazineRevenant Magazine Registered User new member
edited August 2008 in Social Entropy++
revfestbanner.jpg

We were at PAX this year meeting all sorts of cool people from all over the place. That's what I love about PAX!

We were also there to spread the word about our 2008 indie zombie film festival that will be taking place here in Seattle on October 11th, 2008 from 4pm-Midnight at the Museum of History And Industry (MOHAI) - 2700 24th Ave East Seattle, WA 98112 (McCurdy Park) Tickets are on sale now for $15 advance at www.revenantfilmfest.com they will also be available at the door for $20.

We've got some great films this year from all over the world. Here's a look at our full lineup:

Marc Price’s ‘Colin’ – A visceral film as seen through the eyes of a young man named Colin who has become one of the undead. A truly gritty and unnerving film filled with mixed emotions and an amazing ending.

Andy Davis’ ‘2’ - ‘2’ is the story of David and Sarah, two survivors of an epidemic that turns people into flesh-crazed ghouls. Before I go any further, I have to say that ‘2’ is most definitely one of the best indie zombie films I have seen in a long time.

Mike Masters and David J Francis 'Reel Zombies' – From the camp that brought us all Zombie Night 1 & 2 comes Reel Zombies! ‘Reel Zombies’ follows the film makers in a documentary style as they set out to complete their third installment, only this time the film features real zombies! This hilarious film just might be the death of them!

Rhys Davies ‘Zombie Undead’ – We will be screening the short film version of this amazingly ambitious feature film. ‘Zombie Undead’ features intense visuals with stylish cinematography and high caliber special effects.

Shawn Darling’s ‘Grave Mistake’ – Make no Mistake, Grave Mistake is an instant classic of indie zombie film making! Featuring some of the best zombies I’ve seen on screen fused with elements of comedy and intense gore!

Travis Von Rotz and Brandon Swanson’s ‘Bernie Franklin’ – A wildly funny short film about a man who’s in the business of hunting zombies…amongst other ill-fated endeavors.

We will also be giving away a bunch of awesome swag like horror dvd's from Danger After Dark, limited edition t-shirts from Bite Mark Clothing and more! To view trailers of the featured films, check out www.revenantfilmfest.com

We hope to see you at the show!

~Revenant Magazine~

Revenant Magazine on

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    cool

zombies are pretty awesome

Clint Eastwood on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Shill

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Revenant MagazineRevenant Magazine Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Shill

I've actually been going to PAX since the beginning. I can recall the days of Gabe sitting on the couch of Comic Stop in Lynnwood just sitting there chilling drawing Fruit Fucker sketches. So, shill I am not...my praise for PA and PAX is whole-heartedly genuine.

Am I trying to deceive anyone here? Of course not. Am I offereing something that the people of PA might appreciate and enjoy? Taking into the positive experiences of meeting people this weekend and the general interest when I tell them we're doing another zombie film festival here...yeah, people seem interested.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Revenant Magazine on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I still see that you are shilling something. Regardless of reasoning.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    Also, there is a PAX sub-forum for this kind of thing.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Revenant MagazineRevenant Magazine Registered User new member
    edited August 2008

It's cool, you're not interested...move along. We could go back and forth all day but I guess I apologize for trying to support indie film. I don't make a profit at all from doing this festival, I try and cover the cost of the event and give local and International creativity a stage to show their works.

By the definition of shill, I have nothing to gain but a night of watching zombie films with other zombie fans.

Revenant Magazine on
    edited August 2008

It's cool, you're not interested...move along. We could go back and forth all day but I guess I apologize for trying to support indie film. I don't make a profit at all from doing this festival, I try and cover the cost of the event and give local and International creativity a stage to show their works.

By the definition of shill, I have nothing to gain but a night of watching zombie films with other zombie fans.
    Also, there is a PAX sub-forum for this kind of thing.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Whatever your previous experience with PA and PAX may be, it still looks pretty cheesy to come into this community and register just to hawk your little film fest. It's like barging into a group of people that know each other and pretending that you're totally part of the community while shilling for your event. Some people may appreciate it, but it shouldn't be at all surprising that many of us find it in poor taste. Then to make matters worse, you have the audacity to tell those of us that have been a part of this community for years that we should just "move along" if we don't care for what you're selling. Acknowledge that you could have handled this better and step off our junk, take your lumps like a man, and you'll represent your little thing much better than if you cop an attitude.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Basically, go away asshole.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Take this to G&T or something, those mouthbreathers eat this shit up.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Making post in a Zombie thread.

Zombot on
    edited August 2008
    Also keep in mind the vast majority of the people that post here don't actually live in Seattle, so they'll care even less than they normally would.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do you have AIDS?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    Making post in a Zombie thread.
    ZOMBIEROBOTSRUN-1.jpg

REAAAARRRRRGGGH-BLEEP BLOOP

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2008
    so tempted to derail this by posting fish pics
    but only a few people would get it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    all the people that care probably already know.
    or aren't here to even see this.

ascot on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    CaveDweller.png

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited August 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    so tempted to derail this by posting fish pics
    but only a few people would get it

IMG_0100.jpg

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    ice cold shibby, ice cold

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2008
    I have about 70-80 pictures of that otter on my computer.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    IMG_0242.jpg

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    local zoo/aquarium?
    edit: heehee d'awwww

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    IMG_0242.jpg

:o

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2008
    San Diego Zoo. I went down there bored one day and was snapping pictures like mad. I came up to his exhibit and he was doing awesome shit. Totally hamming it up for pictures.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    NO WAI!!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Last one I'm going to post.
    IMG_0206.jpg

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    Oh, you know, just chillin'.

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2008
    Shit, I'm looking at all my photos from that session. I forgot about that motherfucking Koala

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    IMG_0018.jpg

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    heh, awesome pics shib

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited August 2008
    san diego zoo is da best zoo

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    st louis zoo is pretty rad too

the zoo here in springfield had an albino croc a little while back, that was awesome

Clint Eastwood on
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Toronto Zoo is quite large. Unfortunately, it has extremely poor exhibit to exhibit flow with large gaps/walks between exhibits and lots of backtracking.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
    edited August 2008
    san diego zoo is da best zoo
    But why go to SD zoo when you can go to The Wild Animal Park which is tons better?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit! I remember going to San Diego zoo with my parents! There was this two-headed corn snake there. I'd always ask my parents if they fought over food or argued with each other. Man, I loved that corn snake.

Wallhitter on
    edited August 2008
    it's probably dead now

ascot on
    edited August 2008
    just sayin'

ascot on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    my thread!