As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Second Life, what is this bullshit?

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The "Pimp my Daughter" show is better.
    I actually heard one mom refer to her baby girl as "a sexy bitch with a smokin hot bod".

I'm like, damn, what's she gonna say next, "bitch betta have ALL my money" ?

jwalk on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Holy fuck, I was checking out their website and followed the link about purchasing virtual islands. I was expecting a one time fee of around $10-$20 (still too much IMO) and saw that they're charging over $1,500 US. Am I reading this right? I want to assume I'm misunderstanding this because I can't wrap my mind around the concept that someone would pay that much (plus the monthly "maintenance fee") for virtual land.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    A PHALANX OF FLYING PHALLUSES

the greatest use of alliteration since the invention of spoken word.

tugga on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jwalk wrote:
    I actually heard one mom refer to her baby girl as "a sexy bitch with a smokin hot bod".

me and my ex used to get in heated arguments over this shit

she'd tell me "oh come on this is just like how your parents would try to break us up by throwing you someone else, it's funny"

"no, this shit is retarded and you are retarded for being entertained by it"

mrpaku on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Druhim wrote:
    Holy fuck, I was checking out their website and followed the link about purchasing virtual islands. I was expecting a one time fee of around $10-$20 (still too much IMO) and saw that they're charging over $1,500 US. Am I reading this right? I want to assume I'm misunderstanding this because I can't wrap my mind around the concept that someone would pay that much (plus the monthly "maintenance fee") for virtual land.

It's all about what you can do in that amount of space.

Defender on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jwalk wrote:

I saw an episode of that where the nicest suburban mom you can imagine meets this complete white trash asshole. He's swearing constantly, she's constantly flustered and doesn't even know how to talk to him, and they do awkward arts and crafts shit for the entire show. And she STILL approved of him going out with her kid. Every time I turn on MTV I keep thinking, "It can't be worse than the last time I watched it," and yet it always is.

Sort of on topic, the youtube video from earlier got removed before I could watch it, which makes me sad.

Jebu on
    edited January 2007
    I'm not a retard, so I don't watch MTV. I don't even know what's on there.

Defender on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:
    whoever was writing for that kevin mcguire thing have their characters down pat

all of my brothers wigger friends talk in a such a manner

Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis.

ruining my ego search in this thread

Garlic Bread on
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    and that is the story of why i don't pay for cable television

It's the exact opposite here, we got cable recently and now in addition to Mtv Germany, wich only shows bad sups of dating shows and Pimp My Ride, we now have Mtv Dance and Pop as well as VH-1 All Time Hits and there's nothing but music on all three.

HoA-player on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:

Oh god, praise the lord you never caught this show that MTV did a few months back about finding the "Ultimate Martial Arts Master"!!! I forgot the title, but it was basically like one of those eliminate-people type shows, only they had to do challenges involving breaking boards and obstacle courses and junk. Then the end of every show had sparring between the two lowest scorers that was just the weakest stuff, any form of contact was like a penalty. And every dude and chick on that show thought he was Bruce Lee reincarnated. I can see your head exploding just watching a minute of that show.

Also, the host was Ernie Reyes, or whatever the dude's name was from TMNT 2 and Surf Ninjas.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    mrpaku wrote:
    whoever was writing for that kevin mcguire thing have their characters down pat

all of my brothers wigger friends talk in a such a manner

Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis.

ruining my ego search in this thread

Sorry Keef.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Oh god, praise the lord you never caught this show that MTV did a few months back about finding the "Ultimate Martial Arts Master"!!! I forgot the title, but it was basically like one of those eliminate-people type shows, only they had to do challenges involving breaking boards and obstacle courses and junk. Then the end of every show had sparring between the two lowest scorers that was just the weakest stuff, any form of contact was like a penalty. And every dude and chick on that show thought he was Bruce Lee reincarnated. I can see your head exploding just watching a minute of that show.

Also, the host was Ernie Reyes, or whatever the dude's name was from TMNT 2 and Surf Ninjas.

I'm actually feeling a little pressure on my skull just reading that.

What the fuck, there's already a show called Ultimate Fighter, and those dudes are fucking hardcore ass-kickers. So this show has, like, what? A bunch of fags doing flips and karate-chopping pine boards and jumping through hula hoops and shit? Goddammit my brain hurts now.

EDIT: Let me guess, all of these great masters were hot 20-somethings?

Defender on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh God, was that the show hosted by the kid from TMNT II? It had some terrible name.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited January 2007
    Final Fu, an informative description

Also, this here preview just goes to show how silly it was.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=68kDGadsbvQ

lostwords on
    edited January 2007
    What the FUCK is with this stupid fucking show?

Ernie Reyes, Jr.

Hmm

Was he with Chuck Norris in Sidekicks?

Oh my god why the fuck are they walking through wet cement kicking boards? And why are they crabwalking under poles and what the fuuuuuck???

Defender on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    OH my GOD. The boards are serrated, so all it takes is a tap to break! Fuckity fuck, that's weaker than Jessica Simpson's morals!

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They are wearing safety goggles! Oh my giddy aunt, this is lamer than that Metallica video where they all have trouble kicking the furniture over in the house at the end.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
    edited January 2007
    That's just how board-breaking is done, though. You saw these soft, pine boards down to like an eighth of an inch, then you bust em and go "HI-YAAAAAH" and that is why karate tournaments are not taken seriously like they were in the 70s and early 80s.

Hey, remember in The Karate Kid how the tournament at the end of the movie had all these people in attendance? Like it was a spectator sport? Yeah, this kind of bullshit is why that stopped.

Defender on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have ninja cats trained to break balsa wood.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • OtherOther Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This morning in Second Life I had an adventure.

I had woken up early because I had to wait for an important phone call. To pass the time I started up Second Life. After I had spent some time messing around a message from one of the groups I'm in popped up. It was from Integral Danton, otherwise known as Warren Ellis. He was inviting people to ride in his space ship as he he had done the day previous.

Naturally I, and several others, took up the chance. I was particularly interested in how the larger, non-physics ships actually looked as they moved as I had never seen one do so. Teleporting to Integral Bay I was greeted by the ship hovering over it and an IM to take a seat. After a minute of waiting the ship lurched into action.

As the ship moved it's components shook and many looked as if they had come loose but on a second inspection they had seemed to catch up. All seemed well until we crossed into another sim. Sections of the ship disappeared and the ship seemed to shorten. Parts began to overlap, the ship had greatly shrunk in length. Disaster had struck. The ship turned around and went for the sim border again.

As we crossed the border we noticed the back section of the ship had disappeared. This was a matter of some concern as this was where the pilot was located. In a few seconds it reappeared but this was the least of anyone's problem. Shortly after the previous problem had resolved, I realized my character my now hanging in the air outside the ship along with several others. After a few seconds we all dropped into the ocean.

We soon found the ship and hopped back on board for the brief ride back to the bay. As I looked outside I saw that the sky littered with pieces of the ship. The ship had lost anything that it didn't need to fly. As we were forcibly disembarked by the ship de-rezing we made our way onto the land. After a brief discussion of how laughably bad the whole experience was we all went our separate ways.

Other on
  • The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    slcock.jpg

The_Dciple on
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:

I have ninja cats, one of whom is trained to piss on the fucking couch.

Defender on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    my cat attacked my friend's dog when he came over

i've never been more proud

mrpaku on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My dog caught and ate a bat that tried to fly through the house. I was pretty horrified at the time. Looking back on it now, that was a pretty awesome dog.

Synthetic Orange on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

I have a pirate dog. She sits around all day and goes "ARRR!"

Pkmoutl on
    edited January 2007
    Boooo, get off the stage!

Synthetic Orange on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

you know they treat that with anti-depressants nowadays

Prozac. For cats.

apparently your animals are so depressed by their surroundings they just piss all over the place

ZeroFill on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    some french fagmo already hit 70 in wow
    fuckin a i wanna play wow argharghargh

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Starfuck wrote:
    some french fagmo already hit 70 in wow
    fuckin a i wanna play wow argharghargh

i actually got the game mailed to me 6 days before it was suppose to get to me, but i dont have money to play

fate is a cruel temptress

I kind of wish i could also fit depressed animal piss into my post

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
    edited January 2007
    ZeroFill wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

you know they treat that with anti-depressants nowadays

Prozac. For cats.

apparently your animals are so depressed by their surroundings they just piss all over the place

We recently moved, but that was like a full month before he started doing that. We thought he had a UTI, but he doesn't. He was acting a little weird, we think it's because we started closing the bedroom doors since one of them coughed up a fucking hairball all over Kate's bed. Fortunately, we had just bought a new set of blankets and shit that day, so we just threw the old one out with vomit on it instead of throwing it out clean. We can't figure out what the fuck his problem is...so for now, we're spray some kind of "don't piss here" pheromones on the couch. The next solution is to kill him. We do not need this bullshit.

Defender on
  • TalonTalon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    go for the final solution, Defender

fucking cats

Talon on
    cheesewhizsig.gif
    edited January 2007
    Don't they have cat diapers for sale somewhere on the Internet, for those pet owners who are morally against litter boxes or something? Or is the cat not worth buying diapers for?

lostwords on
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    Don't they have cat diapers for sale somewhere on the Internet, for those pet owners who are morally against litter boxes or something? Or is the cat not worth buying diapers for?

It might encourage BAAAAAAWWWWing behaviour.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2007
    Anything I put diapers on had better be something I made with my very own penis. I am not putting diapers on a fucking cat. He has a litter box, and he knows where it is, and we clean it more than once a day. I got over being allergic to cats to take these two animals in, so I feel I've done more than my share for him.

Defender on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Anything I put diapers on had better be something I made with my very own penis. I am not putting diapers on a fucking cat. He has a litter box, and he knows where it is, and we clean it more than once a day. I got over being allergic to cats to take these two animals in, so I feel I've done more than my share for him.

Way to fucking ditch your grandmother in her old age.

You're such an ungrateful whelp.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited January 2007
    Callius wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Actually I've been helping my recently-retired mother with taking care of her lately because her spine has been collapsing because her husband is an asshole and never cared about anyone but himself.

My other one's long-dead, so I can't really "ditch" her any more than she already is...you know...buried.

Defender on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    Callius wrote:
    Defender wrote:

Actually I've been helping my recently-retired mother with taking care of her lately because her spine has been collapsing because her husband is an asshole and never cared about anyone but himself.

My other one's long-dead, so I can't really "ditch" her any more than she already is...you know...buried.

... man, I was making a joke about old people diapers and you had to go and ruin it with facts and emotions and painful triggers and god damn it.

Let's cuddle.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited January 2007
    Also she is blind and we only recently got her to wear a hearing aid by refusing to shout when we talked to her. Instead, every time she'd say "what?" we'd say "SAY WHAT AGAIN, MOTHERFUCKER!"

Wait, no. We would just calmly say "you need a hearing aid." It took a month of doing that, but now she can hear again. At first it kind of freaked her out because she could hear stuff like the refrigerator running or fans working or whatever that I guess she hasn't quite been able to pick up for years. All those little buzzes and hums.

It's a shame because his being a dick basically cost her the chance to have a happy life. Well, that, and the complete lack of a socially-acceptable divorce option back in the 50s. She would've been such a fun lady. She was, and still is, I suppose, but a lot of the fun that could've been had just never happened. And man, stack on top of that two of her four children dying...one at like 22, right after surviving Vietnam, and one in 2006 a week before turning 59, having been retired for only a few months...Jesus, the world just took a shit on this woman.

Oh, right! Gay cuddles. Let's have those! Yay, cuddlytimes! We have 15 minutes, then I voluntarily go and get beat the fuck up during my lunch break.

Defender on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The_Dciple wrote:
    DOPLHIN PENIS

DO NOT WANT gonk.gif

*shudder* They told me to be careful when I came here, to SE++... they told me to be aware... why didn't I listen? WHY?

....the horror... the horror....

Anywho y'all screwing around in SL? 'cause Im bored and I wanna assault some furried with a A PHALANX OF FLYING PHALLUSES!

Curly_Brace on