As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kilt Pictures

CabhanCabhan Registered User new member
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Howdy all. This was my first PAX, and I've got to say, it was pretty rocking. But I have a question:

See, I was there in my Utilikilt (a tan mocker). And it was absolutely awesome to see all the other folks in kilts too. In fact, I had my picture taken with some of the Enforcers on two separate occassions. So the question is, who took the pictures?

The first one was by a woman claiming to work for "Seattle Voice Video", which doesn't seem to appear on Google. She interviewed me and an enforcer about our kilts, said she had talked to others about them, and took our picture. This was over in Bandland.

The second was a guy who was doing something about the connection between video gamers and Scottish people, or at least kilts. He took a picture of me and an Enforcer outside of the "Democratizing Game Development" panel.

I'm just curious to see what came out of these two folks' work, so if anyone can point me to a link or contact info for these people, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks!

Cabhan on

• Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lrn 2 buy pants.

stabn_ on
    Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Having never seen this many kilts in my life, I have to ask.

What is with Seattle and kilts? Is it leftover from the grunge era?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    on saturday a friend of mine at one point leaned over and asked me, "is there some kind of reduced price at the door if you wear a kilt?"

i laughed and told him no. he was completely serious. "i've never seen so many kilts before" he said.

then we all discussed mini-kilts

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm a huge fan of men in kilts. My husband is finally convinced that he needs one. Thank you thank you to everyone that wore a kilt.

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    LondubhLondubh Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Having never seen this many kilts in my life, I have to ask.

What is with Seattle and kilts? Is it leftover from the grunge era?

Not exactly?

Utilikilts were invented by a guy up here about 8 or 9 years ago, and kinda caught on.

Londubh on
  • Options
    Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ive never seen anyone wearing a kilt untill this.

It was a bit of an awkward experience

Altima NEO on
  • Options
    zyphlarzyphlar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here ya go

P1100157.JPG?imgmax=512
    P1100545.JPG?imgmax=512

zyphlar on
  • Options
    ChangusMcCloudChangusMcCloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cabhan wrote: »
    The second was a guy who was doing something about the connection between video gamers and Scottish people, or at least kilts. He took a picture of me and an Enforcer outside of the "Democratizing Game Development" panel.

I can explain this. The guy was completing this quest for us:
    kiltsquest-c0fc598b76.jpg

ChangusMcCloud on
This discussion has been closed.