As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Cosplay Photos

angelkatie9angelkatie9 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I didn't get to see everyone, I'm sure. If you have any Cosplay photos to share, please post here! :) Even if you didn't cosplay yourself I'm sure everyone would like to see the collections.... maybe we can get a full set!

angelkatie9 on

• Options
    ZanyZany Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got some photos of these people before my camera died and I had to resort to the horrors of cellphone pictures. I also had to borrow that camera which makes my heart cry since it wasn't as good of a quality as my normaly used one.
    DSCN0632.jpgThat guy in the red ran at me and gave me a hug. It was awesome. They had such cute costumes!
    DSCN0631.jpg I loved that costume. It looked really well done!
    DSCN0630.jpgLol, that kid looks depressed.
    DSCN0633.jpg Raz got lost and wandered into the Gears of War universe. Poor him. You were supposed to see more of the background in the picture, buuuut... we accidently had the zoom on and didn't realize it.

Did anyone else get photos of Raz or Lili from Psychonauts? I'd love to see how they turned out! =D

Zany on
  • Options
    softlydeftlysoftlydeftly Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    me:
    2813469854_1450bc38c9.jpg

softlydeftly on
  • Options
    MochigoMochigo Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    CIMG1400.jpg

Mochigo on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That Snake also had a companion cosplayer, who I got a picture of. They were both awesome.

I took a few dozen pictures that I'll upload tomorrow.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SardocasmSardocasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunately I didn't have a camera, but I saw a guy dressed as Agent 47 complete with shaved head and barcode. It was one of the more simple costumes, but there was a certain awesomeness in its simplicity. Did anyone get a picture of him?

Sardocasm on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I probably had one of the simpler costumes. Doctor Who dies and comes back as an Asian dude.

I also have some photos of me fighting the Fruit Fucker with my sonic screwdriver. Might post those later.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    mrwombatmrwombat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CIMG0328.jpg

I was so sad the Bad Horse guys didn't get me.

mrwombat on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll have pictures of me and my crew of clowns up later, promise. ^^

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    next year me and my friends are gonna try to get halo ODST costumes. and if all goes well for us it will be the 105th Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Division vs th 501st "vaders fist"

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There was a really awesome Captain Falcon in line on friday.
    He started showing off and I managed to squeeze in to get a pic with him.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    mrwombat wrote: »
    CIMG0328.jpg

Isn't she supposed to be dead at that point?

Oh, and Clown guys, you should check out the Dark Knight Spoof trailer. I mentioned it to one of you guys (can't remember which, it was a skinny dude) who had never seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYBqhOEdRQ

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    mrwombatmrwombat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Isn't she supposed to be dead at that point?

It turns out she's okay. See? Thumbs up! :P

mrwombat on
  • Options
    FearfallFearfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I Shot many pics here are a few.

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

Fearfall on
    Max sig size 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Over the mountains of the moon down the valley of shadow

Fearfall.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sorry the first two are fuzzy camera was acting up

Fearfall on

Fearfall.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also here is a camera shot of the wandering companion cube

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAwNTAuanBn.jpg

Fearfall on

Fearfall.png
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, and Clown guys, you should check out the Dark Knight Spoof trailer. I mentioned it to one of you guys (can't remember which, it was a skinny dude) who had never seen it before.

I think I was the one you mentioned this video to. I was the Joker.

2816762904_59c935a0a8.jpg

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    ShalamarShalamar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That bloody cube was HEAVY.

Shalamar on
  • Options
    ZanyZany Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shalamar wrote: »
    That bloody cube was HEAVY.

Cake should have been stored inside of it...

Or just get a little red wagon to pull it around in.

Zany on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so, do we not use spoilers anymore? :) i still will. here are a few of my fav's of me:
    2816861306_371182e810.jpg
    2816857586_36952751c3.jpg
    2816002999_1bfc7552a6.jpg

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hate to break it to you, but the two guys in your last pic? Not actually cosplaying. That's just how Turtle dresses, from what I've seen, hehe.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dyrwen66 wrote: »

Ah yes.

Hope you enjoyed the video.

If you ever do the joker thing again, you should carry a bombox with the Dark Knight Soundtrack.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you, but the two guys in your last pic? Not actually cosplaying. That's just how Turtle dresses, from what I've seen, hehe.

i am quite aware, but i was cosplaying, and i liked the pic.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    me:

glorious

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It seems like cosplay is growing quite a bit at PAX each year, which is really cool. I didn't get a whole lot of pics, but I'll share what I have.
    IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    me:

In the words of Jim Morrison:

HELLO, I LOVE YOU, WON'T YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME?

babelfish on
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sexy scout was sexy. i didn't get a pic tho

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    Foo_DogFoo_Dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    did anyone get pics of the silent hill nurses? I saw 2 of them . . . very fun

Foo_Dog on
  • Options
    babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Foo_Dog wrote: »

I only saw one, but I was... uh... mesmerized. By, er... well, you know.

babelfish on
  • Options
    Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was so dissapointed that I forgot my memory card!

I missed out on so many photos, had to use my cellphone. So at least I have something to show I was there, haha, but not nearly as clear as they would have been with my camera.

The Devil May Cry cosplayers were great!

Anyone catch that one girl Saturday that was wearing a plaid skirt and striped black and white stockings?

Altima NEO on
  • Options
    magusonlinemagusonline Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v318/46/83/27213175/n27213175_34572991_8860.jpg

that's me with the one that i really liked. :)

magusonline on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

phunkjr took this pic:
    2816850030_ffe999136f.jpg

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ummmm, no Harley's? :'( i didn't bring a camera for myself this year, I had hoped people would post their's.

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ummmm, no Harley's? :'( i didn't bring a camera for myself this year, I had hoped people would post their's.

Once I bug our group shutterbug, I'll put the pictures up here GoK. ^^

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Edit - Apparently I named the 'Necrons' incorrectly. Apologies.

I got some photos of those Necrons.
    Matev wrote: »

*BLAT!*

I'm sorry good clown, the correct answer was Cryxian. They were not 40K, they were IK.

000ey3d7

000ezxy5

000f0r43

000f1ax8

Well hey now, that's some pretty hard-core make-up ya got there. Who did that for you?
    I did his make-up. Awesome, is it not?

And yes, I know I'm shameless.

Also, did anyone get a photo of that female Pyro? That costume was pretty cool.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only saw Harley once and was in a hurry so I couldn't get a picture... I did see the Necrons multiple times though, they were awesome. I only saw them in and around my hotel though [Red Lion], I never actually saw them at the convention but maybe one time.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I got some photos of those Necrons.
    photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

Well hey now, that's some pretty hard-core make-up ya got there. Who did that for you?

And yes, I know I'm shameless.

Also, did anyone get a photo of that female Pyro? That costume was pretty cool.

*BLAT!*

I'm sorry good clown, the correct answer was Cryxian. They were not 40K, they were IK.

All will be answered here

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here's the pics I took. Nothing special and some could have definately turned out better. Should have taken more but I was trying to check things out and interact more then take pictures. I tended to aim for taking pictures while people were already posing for another persons picture or just while people were hanging out and not posing.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/TheShadowsil/PAX%202008/?start=40

Aragorn on
  • Options
    Foo_DogFoo_Dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v318/46/83/27213175/n27213175_34572991_8860.jpg

that's me with the one that i really liked. :)

Awesome, thanks magus. I saw one of them posing in a dance step with an Umbrella S.W.A.T. Soldier. very funny. but I was too slow with the camera.

Foo_Dog on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Anyone have pictures of the Last Night on Earth girls?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Btw I was in the zombie costume on Sunday mid-day. The zombies are the real stars of the genre. =)Wasn't anything too special just used a costume I bought for last Halloween. A spur of the moment idea. I thought I'd ad humor with a cheap sign which said "I was Left4Dead" on one side and "Vote No - Redfield Yes - Zombie" on the other.
    I only spent a few hours in costume. With my bum ankle I couldn't handle putting in a full day in costume running on little to no sleep/energy. As well as being my first PAX so I wanted to get more time in enjoy the show on the floor rather then being part of the show.

Aragorn on
This discussion has been closed.